It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brainwashing on ATS...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   
There is some brainwashing, and it is happening right here on ATS.

It comes in two forms...

1) The US is always wrong. The US government is EVIL.

2) Conservatives are always wrong. Conservatives are all Evil.

Go ahead - prove me wrong

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Heck i voted for conversatives in canada and yes the US govt is evilllllll, evillll i tell's ya. Heh.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I can not prove you wrong Mad Man, but I can give you this:

I am Capt. Liberal, I absolve you of all your wrong doings...

Seriously though, I am none of the above because I do not like labels. But, Boil me down and I guess I am 80/20. So, mostly liberal. That being said, the brianwashing must have a slight defect in the coding, to mainy 0's and not enough 1's ? I hasn't taken me yet. I do not think our Gov't is EVIL. The U.S. is wrong sometimes, just like you and I could be wrong sometimes. The Red Sox were bound to win it eventually, right?
Conservatives are not EVIL, if so, I need to tell my folks, cause I will have to dis own them...

Do I get points for poking a few holes in this whole brainwashing theory of yours? Hey it was worth a try right? I am willing to let you tell everyone you now have a liberal friend?

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man

It comes in two forms...

- AMM what are you then?

The exception that proves the rule?

As if.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I don't see it as "brainwashing" --

I see it as people expressing their opinions --

Unfortunately, the norm is to see things as black-and-white instead of shades of grey. Hence we have liberals who think that Bush is evil, Republicans are evil, etc. -- and conservatives who think just the opposite.

Life, politics, & the world are just too complicated to maintain this black-and-white viewpoint & think we're ever going to get anything that's really important done.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   

It comes in two forms...

1)Why would people want to brainwash us into thinking out gov't was evil? The US government has made mistakes...same as tons of other country's government. I'm pretty sure most of us are from the States so maybe that's why the U.S's is brought up so much.

2)Not true, and most liberals aren't attacking all conservatives, they just don't like Bush...but there are tons of mods on ATS who support Bush, and that's fine as well. I think there are plenty "liberals are wacko" attacks...

Neither conservatives or liberals are always wrong, neither are always right...I don't see either being painted as "evil" just people on each side stating their points of view...

[edit on 11/19/2004 by Lecky]

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey

It comes in two forms...

- AMM what are you then?

The exception that proves the rule?

As if.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lecky

It comes in two forms...

1)Why would people want to brainwash us into thinking out gov't was evil? The US government has made mistakes...same as tons of other country's government. I'm pretty sure most of us are from the States so maybe that's why the U.S's is brought up so much.

How come the ONLY country we talk about doing wrong is the US. Seriously - THE ONLY COUNTRY IN THE WHOLE FREAKING WORLD that has more then 3 threads on what it has done wrong is the US.

2)Not true, and most liberals aren't attacking all conservatives, they just don't like Bush...but there are tons of mods on ATS who support Bush, and that's fine as well. I think there are plenty "liberals are wacko" attacks...

B.S. If it isn't Bush, it's some other conservative. Check out the threads on this site - C. Rice, D. Cheney, D. Rumsfeld - all are attacked OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

Check out the threads at this site - they are disproportionate in the number that are anti conservative to those that are anti liberal. Hell, if you take away ONE person (Edsinger) we would be lucky to have half the number of anti-liberal/pro-conservative threads as we do.

Just go look at the titles, and tell me - objectively - if you can honestly say that it is anywhere close to balanced

Neither conservatives or liberals are always wrong, neither are always right...I don't see either being painted as "evil" just people on each side stating their points of view...

On this I agree - but if you read the threads, liberals DO make conservatives out to be EVIL.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I havent seen any brainwashing, just a bunch of people that want to make the world a better place but just have different ways to do it. All are not right but just because someone doesnt agree with you doesnt make him brainwashed, stupid, or a traitor

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   

How come the ONLY country we talk about doing wrong is the US. Seriously - THE ONLY COUNTRY IN THE WHOLE FREAKING WORLD that has more then 3 threads on what it has done wrong is the US.

Because...like I said before most of the ATS population is American, see why we would focus on the U.S? Aren't Americans allowed to complain about their own government?

2)Not true, and most liberals aren't attacking all conservatives, they just
B.S. If it isn't Bush, it's some other conservative. Check out the threads on this site - C. Rice, D. Cheney, D. Rumsfeld - all are attacked OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

Because they are currently the ones in control of the government. I wasn't at ATS during the Clinton years, I'm not even sure if there was an ATS but I guarantee you would be seeing negative posts about thier administration. As a rule the president is always drug through the mud...LOL you know that. Clinton received Hell during his term...

Check out the threads at this site - they are disproportionate in the number that are anti conservative to those that are anti liberal. Hell, if you take away ONE person (Edsinger) we would be lucky to have half the number of anti-liberal/pro-conservative threads as we do.

I'm not going to promise you I will check, but as a liberal...from my point of view liberals get it just as bad. I often feel like there's a conservative bias with a group of mods...but that's just me
Everyone will be a little biased by their own political party...it's hard not to be.

On this I agree - but if you read the threads, liberals DO make conservatives out to be EVIL.

Do you really want me to go through the threads to find anti-liberal posts? I bet I could fill up a whole page. I think when people categorize "all liberals" or "all conservatives" it's pretty silly, but I can't tell you that I've never made a similar assumption...I'm only human and there are tons of times where I speak before I think...not saying it's right though.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
I havent seen any brainwashing, just a bunch of people that want to make the world a better place but just have different ways to do it. All are not right but just because someone doesnt agree with you doesnt make him brainwashed, stupid, or a traitor

My point is that on this site, save for a few outspoken conservatives, THE VAST MAJORITY is completely anti-conservatice and anti-American.

I mean hey - there are some objective people, who also lean to one side or another. But come on - admit it - how many THOUSANDS of anti-US threads are there? How many THOUSANDS of anti Bush threads are there?

I mean - you seems to be pretty even in your animosity towards both the DNC and GOP - surely you can see how lopsided this site is?

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   

I mean - you seems to be pretty even in your animosity towards both the DNC and GOP - surely you can see how lopsided this site is?

Thank you you make me blush

Its leans a bit to the left but not really that much, I can name as many Anti-Liberal threads as anti Consertive threads, there are probibly more Dems than Republicans but we have a healthy dose of Libertarians that dont agree with EITHER of the big two. The reason more of us (Libertarians) post
Anti republican threads is because the Republicans control EVERYTHING, so who do we have to bitch about?

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Lecky - no you don't need to go threw all the posts - I'm just making a point.

If you did, you would notice that it is COMPLETELY lopsided.

As for the countries we talk about , I can't remember the last thread - outside of the military/aircraft forums - that were based on any other country. And even if the majority of people here are from the US, it is a slight majority - there are plenty from the UK, Canada, Australia, and even some other nations in Euroope such as France and Germany. Hell - there are even some people from China (granted, the last one I talked to thought that Sars was a US biological attack on his country - what a shoker),

Yet when do we ever get into any other countries dirty little deeds? I remember a few threads that dealt with the Oil for Food scandal and weapons being sold to Iraq/Saddam - but to Liberals, it was like it never happened or there was nothing wrong with it!

It is selected ignorance! It's as if it is only important if it makes the US look bad or if it attacks a US leader.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   
If we are trying to devise ways of making America better, why should we redirect our inquiries towards foreign countries? I want to make this country, the country I live in better. This is my home.

BTW, brainwashing would imply that someone believed something before and then changed their mind. But, only a person can allow themselves to be brainwashed. It's not like anyone is handing out acid on ATS.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
we have a healthy dose of Libertarians that dont agree with EITHER of the big two.

Yeah...what's up with that? These Libertarians have got to go!

(joking of course
)

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Well, sometimes it does seem this way, yes.
I think that often this is tit-for-tat for labeling liberals as limp-wristed, un-American peacenicks who'd rather roll over and offer the keys to our country to any invader.
Some respond with the implication that conservatives are war-mongering, hate filled, religiously motivated, "I'll do what Bush wants" robots.

I'm not sure tho, the headgear fell off during my last "training" session at the Democratic headquarters last week.

BG
edit-sp

[edit on 19-11-2004 by beergoggles]

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   

I may take you up on that offer just b/c I think you are wrong in this case. I swear to God, everyday I see like 5 new posts by Edsinger declaring that Bush is the new messiah

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
If we are trying to devise ways of making America better, why should we redirect our inquiries towards foreign countries? I want to make this country, the country I live in better. This is my home.

Who said this site was about making America better? It is a conspiracy site, not a 'let's make the US better by pushing a liberal agenda' site.

BTW, brainwashing would imply that someone believed something before and then changed their mind. But, only a person can allow themselves to be brainwashed. It's not like anyone is handing out acid on ATS.

Brainwashing is a process, and may or may not be sucsessfull, just as someone may try and hurt someone and fail, heel someone and fail etc.

And in case you haven't notices, there is A LOT of idea pushing on ATS - which is not a bad thing in it's own right. But it becomes brainwashing when one idea is pushed far greater then another.

It has been proven that when you bombard a person with the same idea consistantly, that that person will come to believe in that idea more and more. Well, on ATS, the idea that America is evil - or rather it's leaders are evil, is pushed to the limits.

Lets just take a look at what threads are currently being discussed, shall we?

In the "politics and scandals" forum there is:
1) this thread
2) Why Kerry conceded even though he had more votes

3)Bush's plans

4)So you don't believe it is about oil, eh

5)Was Abe Lincoln gay?

So - 4/5 are clearly ANTI US/Bush/Conservative - just like I said. The only reason it isn't 5/5 is that I have this thread going.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 07:19 PM
link   

I may take you up on that offer just b/c I think you are wrong in this case. I swear to God, everyday I see like 5 new posts by Edsinger declaring that Bush is the new messiah

You sure as hell can't question the mans loyalty

But that just proves my case further - take away his posts alone, and how many pro conservative threads would there be?

Hardly any!

To the guys credit, he has stated before that the reason he posts what he does is because of the lopsidedness of this site, and he wants people to get both sides of the story.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Well, honestly, I've haven't noticed it. But, I tend to stay away from threads I know are going to be biased on either side. The point of revealing conspiracy, at least in my mind, is diagnose the problems in our country so that we may know what to make better, individually and collectively.

But honestly AMM, who are you to be declaring that all liberal or conspiratorial Bush administration threads are brainwashing? I mean, don't you notice the contradiction here? Are you trying to brainwash us to believe that all those threads are propaganda and not to be trusted?

It seems you as well have an agenda and maybe by your repition on this thread, you will be able to brainwash your ideas on others?

Do you get the picture yet? Drop the propaganda, and hopefully others will follow. That's my agenda.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join