It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Action: call to arms

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   
As the late good master Venner said, “We are entering a time when acts must follow words.” I would hope that the subtle news this morning would stir real men to stand and take action before subtlety becomes overt. We should revert to many old ways, but let hubris not be among them.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Maybe it's because I'm on my first coffee but I'm not getting this. Care to elaborate?

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by RadarOReilly

Is that your thread ?
Or did you prematurely articulate ?

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   

intrepid
Maybe it's because I'm on my first coffee but I'm not getting this. Care to elaborate?

It's early; I've been in the lab all night working - which I love to do. I think I'm just growing tired of milquetoast men who lack conviction. I asked my husband this morning where all the real men were and he said, "dead or waiting." Girls get tired or waiting.

I'm just sick of how things are. Liars on the Hill. Animals in the street. Damn them both.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   

OK, I get it. It's a generational thing imo. I'm at the tail end of the Baby Boomers and we have NO problem with conviction. It actually can be off putting to younger generations as we come on stronger than they are used to. Gen X had their run with materialism. Gen Y with the "whatever" attitude. You know one saying that pisses me off? "It is what it is." WTF? What type of defeatist attitude is that? No effort required. "Whatever".
The jury is still out on the Millennials. They want it all, do they have the drive to achieve it? This isn't everyone, just a trend that I have noticed.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   

intrepid

OK, I get it. It's a generational thing imo. I'm at the tail end of the Baby Boomers and we have NO problem with conviction. It actually can be off putting to younger generations as we come on stronger than they are used to. Gen X had their run with materialism. Gen Y with the "whatever" attitude. You know one saying that pisses me off? "It is what it is." WTF? What type of defeatist attitude is that? No effort required. "Whatever".
The jury is still out on the Millennials. They want it all, do they have the drive to achieve it? This isn't everyone, just a trend that I have noticed.

No more laissez faire attitudes. Besser zu kämpfen und fallen als ohne Hoffnung leben.

Enough already.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Well, when you guys figure out where you wanna meet, tell me. I am tenacious and have a bad attitude.

I knew our nations men were worthless when the term "metrosexual" started being used.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
There comes a time in the affairs of man when he must take the bull by the tail and face the situation.

-W. C. Fields

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Your beating around the bush, what is it you think "men " should do and why is it not the responsibility of woman to be just as responsible for what ever action you suggesting ?

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
Well, when you guys figure out where you wanna meet, tell me. I am tenacious and have a bad attitude.

I knew our nations men were worthless when the term "metrosexual" started being used.

Metro, indeed. We need real men now more than ever.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Battleline

Your beating around the bush, what is it you think "men " should do and why is it not the responsibility of woman to be just as responsible for what ever action you suggesting ?

I'm not even sure where to begin in way of response. I think we should take back our nation for God, glory and a better tomorrow. It is the job of man to do this and the job of women to support it. It has always been thus and ever thus shall be. ;-) Politically incorrect to be sure, but no less true.

We've just lost our way and I'm sick of it. I know many others are as well. I'm just hoping against hope to see change.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
My husband just reminded me of what he said recently at a party to a gent who clearly didn't get the sense of urgency that some of us feel and saw no cause for alarm. "Keep shopping; everything is fine."

I guess some toil away in quiet hoping others are as well.

"One must work in solitude as a man who opens a clearing in virgin forest, sustained by the unique hope that somewhere in its depths, others are working to the same end. "

- Ernst Jünger

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

I have a question OP and this is something I've asked many others with similar feelings (which I tend to share, by the way, so we're of similar thinking)

What would you see done or done differently than is currently happening? When Occupy came along, I was shocked to see as many middle aged, middle class people as anyone else, right in the center of it and helping to lead it from locations all over the nation. It wasn't that cause...it was ANY cause actually DOING something which attracted so many, in so great a number, IMO.

Build it and they will come, a movie once said. Lead them, and they will follow ...it could just as easily be said and I believe it to be entirely true right now. We're all mad, frustrated and downright despondent over lack of ability to DO something about it.

I'm all floppy fuzzy ears if you've had time to think on that end of it. I wouldn't hesitate to give all, as I once did, to help lead rather than follow.....if only I could see a place to go that would be productive once everyone got there.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

i will fight no more, wow, what a piece of history.

S&F for that posting, so glad I took some time to read it through to the end as well!

what a lot we have failed to learn from indigenous peoples across the world

respect earnt Chief Joseph, respect

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Another one. One who wants to lead from the rear. One who says, "You men go out and do something and when you get it all fixed to my satisfaction I'll come over and make sure you did it right." So you'll wait on the sidelines all cozy and warm, wait for the bloodshed to stop, then come out from your hiding place and proclaim things are all better now.

You want "change" but you can't even articulate what precisely you want to be different. So you think with a wave of a magic wand you'll make lazy people energetic and stupid people smart, ignorant people educated, poor people rich, and (of course) rich people poor, your nod to your own envy and lack of achievement.

No thanks. A revolution such as yours is not worth dying for.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Change #1: decrminalize actions that don't create a clear victim.
Change #2: term limits for all elected officials
Change #3: clear referendum processes for all appointed officials, with term limits installed
Change #4: Eliminate all public funding for campaigns
Change #5: Create guidelines for expense ratios in the budget (for example, why does our war machine continue to bankrupt us, while NASA is being defunded and turned into a military operation?)
Change #6: Institute a consumption tax, eliminating the income tax and the IRS
Change #7: repeal Obamacare and all associated legal maneuvers.

There you go...7 that are fairly quick and easy

Address those, then I bet you have enough money left to institute public healthcare when the cash left over from eliminating our war machine. Continue to put money into NASA, and you will see American's start dreaming again, which will boost our economy.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

BFFT you forgot #8 Repeal the achient drug laws amd legalise cannabis. Bring hemp products back to compete with cotton..cotton would not remain king. The shear amount of cash available to the Gov in taxes and licensing these companies will help out a great deal. And get the hell out of Afghanistan, let the Russians keep track of the opium for a few years. But if all that fails..Im locked & loaded.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

moderators

I am surprised you have not picked up on this poster yet

makes a habit of goading and insulting a bit beyond accepted levels of "interaction"

put your obvious talents to better use poster

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Shuftystick

moderators

I am surprised you have not picked up on this poster yet

makes a habit of goading and insulting a bit beyond accepted levels of "interaction"

put your obvious talents to better use poster

You need to recalibrate what you expect here. What Schuyler says is completely within the bounds of the TAC, as well as general civility.

In other words: Save your surprise, and bring a better argument than crying to the moderators. And if you feel you need to, don't post it. Just use the "Alert" function. But know that it will be ignored if you are reporting posts like Schuyler's.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I asked my husband this morning where all the real men were and he said, "dead or waiting."

Well, 80,000 of them have been shipped off to Afghanistan, other parts of the ME and Africa to support banker wars and US imperialism. You know it keeps the ones who are actually willing to do something off the home streets where they might cause trouble for Der Fuehrer.

Most off those left over just complain or stick their heads in the sand so no one worries about them. If you have a plan tell us.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join