It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nothing is magical.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Mveins0
reply to post by Wifibrains

My butt is kind of magical. Or so I'm told.

That's a story I might be interested in reading someday.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

AfterInfinity

Wifibrains
reply to post by AfterInfinity

That's what happens with nothing after infinity

Now it just stopped being relatable.

Never mind.

You lost nothing.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
From Vóluspá in the Old Norse Elder Edda, verse three, and my own translation into English below. If you look up translations on the net, you'll find many strange translations. Mine is but one, and it's quite different from official translations, this is my interpretation:

Ár var alda,
þar er ekki var,
var-a sandr né sær
né svalar unnir;
jörð fannsk æva
né upphiminn,
gap var ginnunga
en gras hvergi.

Years were old,
there is was not,
no sand nor oceans
no cooling waves;
for ages no soil was found
no heaven above,
it was Ginnungagap
one grass shoot guarded.
edit on 30-12-2013 by Utnapisjtim because: poetry in motion

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   
It strikes me odd that such a topic is mostly handled in this thread with mostly humor. Shouldn't this be in rant or some other category?

Yes, I agree, nothing IS magical. Without it we could not make sense of 'something'. It is just the same concept as without darkness we would have no idea of light or the significance of it. It would just be another 'nothing' that couldn't even be grasped abstractly. The mind unfortunately only operates on division, separating this from that to make sense of things.

Personally, I think this is the biggest tripping point in our current understanding of the universe and how it works. For something to exist, space or nothingness is required for emergence of 'something' and is required to hold this 'something'. This is where modern physics went wrong as well, of course, I have no way to prove it. Searching for the graviton? Well, did anyone ever think it might not be a property of matter at all, but a property of the space that contains it. I am almost certain that a particle or a force carrier for gravity will never be found.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   
'Nothing' is not primal.
The most primal concept is difference.
'everything' occurs from 'nothing' through the paradoxically self negating aspect of 'difference'
Difference is the magic operator here.
edit on 31-12-2013 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by rom12345

Still, if you took all matter in the universe and removed all the 'nothing' between the particles, quarks and bosons and what are you left with? A super massive black hole that would simply remove all the matter. Then what would be left? The universe would be in a quantum state and exist still not, it's like with that bloody cat.

Everythiing is truely nothing.
edit on 31-12-2013 by Utnapisjtim because: punchline

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Before looking for 'matter' one should look to see if there is anyone it could matter to?
Does any thing matter if no one is found?
Is there any 'thing' separate to existence?
Existence is motion and rest.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Nothing fits in this thread.

So that should be on topic.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Nothing really matters...

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I see nothing honest!

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
There is nothing in this thread. Someone wake a mod.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

RadarOReilly

Six pages of nothing...

How did I get away with that?

Nothing goes on and on goes nothing.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

RadarOReilly

But since 'mod' is gnomish for 'nothingness', we must wake no one! Especially gnomes. They hate that.

Of course something is lost in translation but its nothing to worry about.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Wifibrains

RadarOReilly

Six pages of nothing...

How did I get away with that?

You got away with nothing.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
SHARE NOTHING!

Nothing is valuable.

Give nothing away for nothing.

You will receive nothing in return.

Nothing feels better.

edit on 1-1-2014 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
You what?

You ain't seen nothing yet?

I found a way to block it I go O...
edit on 1-1-2014 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Willtell

Nothing means no thing, a non entity but it can be material like steel or carbon or wool Something means some entity A thing is a whole item, or being or person or entity Nothing means no entity Something means some thing like an entity or holon Steel is nothing because it is no thing until it becomes a car then it is part of a thing it is something

Incorrect...steal is something. Therefore it is not nothing. Only nothing is nothing, everything else is something. Very few in this existence have been graced with the presence of nothing, the others have not and will not be so lucky, they may even go there whole life's thinking that it is something, for countless repetitions of the wheel they may actually believe they are alive and some may even be so disillusioned as to believe there life is the only one. And yet it is all nothing.

God creates from no thing it is all rudimentary stuff like steel, atoms or carbon until it is molded into a thing like a man or woman or car Then He reproduces life from some thing—man and woman

Man created god. Eventually after an eternity or two, god created man. In the third eternity god created woman, and then things started going downhill from then and there for everybody. After a time they all created a cosmic sleigh, and so the ride downhill was much smoother. And so we reach our current state of nothingness.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

Oh man...Just noticed! A typo, I meant to say "steel" not "steal" Duh! So much nothing going around it must have scrambled my brain. Much ado about nothing.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join