It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rendlesham Forest…, A Christmas Story from 1980 - Can We ‘Let it Be’?

page: 112
<< 109  110  111    113  114  115 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: infomaniachousewife

Makes me think that Larry needs some kind of professional help as well if that's correct. I think he mentioned he was dipping out of the conference /paranormal radio shows circus sometime last year for good. And then just carried on. But after that his ability to communicate clearly seemed to be hampered by his multiple, mid-sentence digressions and rambling thought patterns.

Maybe all that aggression to others is because simply he can't keep up the pretence any more. The internet today is the worst enemy of the tall story teller. Cross checking information is so much easier than it was in 1997 when LEAG came out. So perhaps it was dawning on him that his time in the limelight was coming to an end? Doubts about his place in the Rendlesham story have been there since day one. But now there is so much crap flying about some if not all is bound to stick.

I may well be wrong. I'm just someone on the internet viewing it from afar. But as Larry always said, even if we take him out of the story there is still a story there.
edit on 17/7/16 by mirageman because: corrections

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Yes he does, I think he probably always has. its funny you should mention that he said that about taking him out of the story, I have had that sentence in my head all day.

What we must note is that this is a decades old calculated effort to paint himself as a friend to the stars who has all their belongings to sell. Why put it in LAEG? 95 he sold the guitar, 97 book comes out, 97 Christies refund the money. Already in the book. The book was part of his provenance building. We can clearly see the photographs are all fake. So we know the story is fake.. The letter to SRV fans re his fake memorabilia, the admission from him on his page saying his troll had found his old guitar etc... This isn't the accidental unfolding of the ramblings of a mad man. Its calculated. Now he has sold something else his stories are growing wilder by the minute. SRV was at his first wedding for example. Then there is this...

01:21:04
The host asks Warren about a post on his (Warren's) Facebook page about Ringo's 75th Birthday and how it brought back a particular memory for Warren.

01:21:20
Warren: "It did. That, that's another guy I did the first All-Starr Band thing he did with errr I know where you're going with this but you wanna hear a funny Ringo story? (Host: "Please do") Well you'll love this one."

01:21:34
Warren: "Well he does the All-Starr Band all the time NOW and he did Gesture (?) in '75 ... frankly I think he's in better health definitely than two of the Beatles but even Paul I mean and errrr.."

01:21:48
Warren: "And umm we were at this gig and Ringo was with his wife Barbara Bach. It was at Saratoga Performing Arts. And in fact my friend Nanci Gordon is a radio personality in the States err rather well-known. "
(Editor note: How is that relevant?)
(Gordon is an ex-broadcaster for Mix 98.1 WJJR in Vermont tunein.com...)

01:22.01
Warren: " Are you there? (long pause) (Host: "Yeah we're 'ere") Okay sorry was just hissing then just stopped. Do you think... thought it was a snake or the computer I don't know.. "

01:22:15
Warren: "...but we ummmm... so Ringo and Barbara are in a certain room. The other room was the band which basically that year consisted of my friends Rick Danko, Levon Helm from THE band. Uhhh Billy Preston, who was quite a funny guy. Joe Walsh who was a stitch man. I found him inside a piano an upright piano. That was one story, but ummm...see these guys all partied back then they don't now else they wouldn't be with us right?"

01:22:40
Warren: "So ummm and whoever else was in there I forget who else. Jim Keltner (Editor note: Only played in 1989) you know who played on John Lennon and everyone's records you know, lovely man. One of the Wrecking Crew by the way. And err so umm the school the Saratoga Performing Arts is another like Alpine Valley big shed music shed with a balcony you can get 50,000 people there. And they unfortunately the backstage security at SPAC was run by off-duty teachers you know."

01:23:12
Warren: "It was the summer and so that was their summer job. And that could be a home economics teacher a little lady.. the lunch room lady.. whatever! That's their security. Unless the bands brought their own which they did have 'em but.
So we all, they..Ringo..they do the thing.. Ringo comes out and does a song where some kind of thing goes on."

01:23:34
Warren: "So the band didn't have to be with him. So it was now time for them to come out and these ladies, these lunch ladies or whatever, walked all of us out, and then walked us right out onto the loading dock and shut the door.
So I'm standing on the door. Ringo is on stage starting his thing expecting the band and there was no band because the entire band was trapped outside on the loading dock."

01:23:56
Warren: "Because these ladies with their flashlights led them out there and we're banging on it trying to get in I go 'This is the god-darned band'.
Absolute true story. They thought it was funny but Ringo was standing there with his arms up and it truly did happen."

Then he says he went to SRVs funeral.. That could have happened. It was open to fans and 2500 of them turned up.

www.youtube.com...

He might have messed his own mind up with the amount of marching powder and lies he has told but at the start.. this was a calculated effort.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I am going to be checking these stories out on the net. I think he must have memorised the memoirs of a bodyguard to the stars. I bet the tales are true, they are just not his. If anyone knows of a story where Joe Walsh is found inside and upright piano then please tell the world.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
"Included in the package were negatives, a Bentwaters photograph folder, a map with directions to the landing site and a letter from the witness. Larry would not reveal the contact's full name but gave his Christian name as Mark. The witness was an accountant living with his wife and family in the United States and although he was very nervous about the whole affair and did not want to be named, he had sent Larry the photographs in the hope that it would back up the case"

"Imagine my surprise then when a week later I received a call from Larry confessing that he was the person who had taken the photographs. I was dumbfounded. My first question was, without doubt, 'Why did you sit on them for nineteen years?' This was followed by a barrage of questions. I could not believe that he would not use them in his book or even in the early days when he was trying so desperately to prove his case. Peter Robbins was devastated but still had confidence in Larry, blaming it on the incident and the fact that he had been messed with. Meanwhile, Larry confessed to Peter that he had told me the story and given me permission to use the photograph. Obviously Peter felt betrayed, having been his co-author and helped research his story for almost a decade. I felt for Peter, I had only worked with Larry on a chapter and knew how intense it was - there were surprises around every corner. The problem was the way Larry convincingly told the first story — all those details. I thought he deserved an award for an excellent performance"

"As confirmed by Bustinza, it seems Larry had been hunting out fellow witnesses and had heard about La Plume's January sighting and wanted someone to talk to who had had a similar experience. Because it was the first time they met since leaving Texas they did not immediately recognize each other.La Plume related only what Larry had told him on that first day because he felt that this was the purest form of his story - before any outside influence might have tainted it. Larry told him that something had occurred outside the perimeter fence at RAF Woodbridge".

"There were several rumours about Larry being thrown out of the Air Force for being a drug user, and I asked him outright if this was the case, but he absolutely denied it. Edward Cabansag remembers seeing Larry in the supply hut and was told by a fellow airman that Airman Warren was waiting for his release, which was a result of his involvement with drugs. Larry reminded me that he had an honourable discharge from the Air Force (I have a copy of this document) and was never associated with drugs. He believes these rumours were started to discredit him as a witness because the Air Force knew he was talking about the incident. Other personnel told me that sometime during 1980 a huge drugs bust was carried out on the Bentwaters installation. Those involved were members of the Security and Law Enforcement Squadrons and they were immediately sent back to the United States. In fact most of the new recruits at Bentwaters in December 1980 were said to have been replacements for those who were transferred. If Larry had been busted for drugs he would probably have received the same treatment and may even have been discharged. Besides, I have in my possession a copy of a document with the stamp of Wing Commander Gordon E. Williams' signature, which proves that Larry himself requested separation from the Air Force and not the other way around".

Source; You can't tell the people.

Some rumours just never go away do they.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Aye - I've tracked that interview down on Youtube.

He certainly has befriended a few famous rock people in his time and even seen Bigfoot.

The All-Starr band played Saratoga on Friday August 4th 1989. The set list kicks off with the 70s hit single "It Don't Come Easy". I have never heard of Ringo doing a show where some kind of thing goes on without his band.

Here's a video which suggests Ringo was last one on stage during the opening of each show on that tour.

All Starr Band 1989

Believe me I know a fair bit about the Beatles. Their every move has been recorded by fanatics and such a prank has never been mentioned in Fab Four folklore. Now not everything can be made public. But the fact that this was a show in front of thousands you'd think someone else would have mentioned it by now.

But the more important question is how does Larry Warren place himself there with the All-Starr band?

We already seem to know why. Ahh can we let it be?

In other news I watched the movie "The Rendlesham Forest UFO Incident". It's set 33 years after the famous incident and is a very low budget 'found footage' style piece.

However there are some small nods to the 1980 lore.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Yeh and I'd almost forgot. The famous separation memo signed by General Gordon Williams. Unusual perhaps for the General to sign it as claimed? But did he?

Looks more like he forgot to, then stubbed his cigar in an ashtray and smudged it on the memo.

Don't know what to make of it without comparison.

Source : Deliberate Deception Part 1B by Peter Robbins

The pdf also has a USAF discharge certificate.

Something has been covered over in that certificate and it was signed by a Lt. Col Preston S.Beard, McGuire AFB New Jersey. Is this is all bonafide? I have no idea.
edit on 17/7/16 by mirageman because: corrections

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   

The correct form would be a DD-214 and that form doesn't look like a participation certificate.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I think he wants us to believe this

For this reason

He wants us to believe he was security for the bands. That way he can say he was given all these items and sell them on. He is trying to establish himself as friend to the stars and authenticator of memorabilia. Look...

Here it is in situ, on my partners computer in a file dated December 2011 Larrys Files.

He sold that to Russ Kellet and told him there were four more.

Then there is this of course

When he hung out with Lennon before his flight to the UK. 28th Dec '80. He is supposed to be 19 here, says they were at Cafe fortuna and Vince Urwin took the photo. Vince died last August so we can't ask him either.

He must think we are as stupid as he is.

Only that photo was taken by bob Gruen in August at the hit facotory.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Its a total mess and it shouldn't be should it? The fact they surfaced in '90 and then the photos 19 years later.. Also.. look at the noise he made about Jim bringing out the binary bullox years later?

He is a man made entirely of lies.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Not the most cunning stunt I've witnessed. In fact it smacks of desperation if this is what everything has come to. It's actually very sad to be honest and could have serious ramifications further down the line.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Rendlesham in the online EPOCH Times

There is a feature in this article with Nick Pope. It starts with a lot of filler which we've all heard before.

Then there are a few questions that Nick responds to.

Epoch Times: Science writer Ian Ridpath disputes the claim that the radiation at the site was higher than the background radiation. He has said the conclusion that the radiation was unusually high was based on incomplete information about the readings taken by Col. Halt (it wasn’t taken into consideration, for example, that the device Halt used for detection was very sensitive, affecting the readings). Ridpath said that Giles Cowling at the U.K. government’s Defence Evaluation and Research Agency agrees with him on this and so does the National Radiological Protection Board.

Pope: While Ridpath has written about science, he’s not a scientist himself, and is simply a ufologist who has tried to portray himself as an expert on this case. He has misunderstood how science works: One can only study the data one has, not the data one thinks one should have.

In other words, it’s no good trying to argue that the Geiger counter was over-sensitive, or that the readings might have been misread. The equipment used was the equipment available, and it was operated by a disaster-preparedness expert trained in its use.

The MoD’s defence intelligence staff assessed the radiation levels as being “significantly higher than the average background” shortly after the incident, and this assessment was validated by the Defence Radiological Protection Service in 1993 when I undertook a cold case review.

It’s not appropriate for ufologists like Ridpath, for whom this is a hobby, to second guess the scientists who do this sort of thing as part of their government jobs. … It muddies the waters of an already complex case.....

Nick doesn't seem to agree with Mr. Ridpath. Even though I think the whole radiation issue was deemed insignificant at a later date. (I will have to check that one!)

Epoch Times: Do the witness accounts (particularly those of the two primary military personnel witnesses, Jim Penniston and John Burroughs) contradict or do they agree on all points? Have they changed significantly over time?

Pope: There are differences between the accounts of some witnesses, and some stories have evolved over time. As somebody who has investigated hundreds of UFO sightings for the government, this doesn’t surprise me or trouble me at all, and indeed it’s exactly what I’d expect.

People’s memories and perceptions vary, in the same way as people have different characters and personalities. Moreover, everyone’s recollections and opinions change over the years, and it should be borne in mind that the Rendlesham Forest incident occurred 36 years ago. .....

.......It should also be remembered that the UFO was briefly tracked on radar.

You can say that again. Although it really does trouble me how some of the witness stories vary wildly these days.

edit on 18/7/16 by mirageman because: typo

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

A cold case review? Is he for real? Oh my god these people are just wild!!!! Mr Fox Mouldy, worked at the ufo desk from 91 to 95 and it ran for a further 15 years after he left.

I don't suppose anyone factored cadmium into the readings? Its a possibility.

Ions would register only momentarily too. they discharge on whatever they come into contact with. Just another thought.

I can't listen to any of them it's pure professional tw*ttery point scoring opinionation brain vomit. I actually like Ian and it makes me laugh that the only people keeping the lighthouse alive are the researchers who bring it up in derision because it think it makes them sound clever, when if they actually read what he said they would see how bent out of shape THEY made it. But then, the whole scene is a massive dark parody of itself.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

I hope you don't mind me asking more questions:

1) Do you believe Peter Robbins and Larry really had an RFI-like encounter in the woods?
2) What did Warren think of Burroughs story?
3) Did Larry ever express what he thought was behind the RFI to you?
4) Have you seen the photo Warren showed off a few years ago at an RFI Reunion event?

I ask because I wonder if the photo that Bruni got off Larry, and the photo that Larry showed at the recent event could have similar origins to the photos you shared?

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ctj83

I don't know what they saw that night but I should imagine it was something and nothing, already high in anticipation, nervous.. You know. Full of **it.

Warren totally agreed with my theory but he said they were messing with aline technology and they opened a portal and brought something in. He seems to dismiss him having said aliens before but he pressed me saying you agree with me right? My reply was, I guess that if the nuclear industry was in that much of a dangerous state then it would be concern to ET if they can see the future. But no I don't actually believe it was anything to do with ET but that was the impression they wanted to give.

Yes I have seen the photo, it is a total mess. I think it looks like a badly constructed image in photo form that someone has printed off and taken a photograph as cigarette smoke is being blown over it.

Its on my partner laptop in a file put there by Warren.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Rereading your blog, any thoughts on why the UFO myth was injected just a few days after the event (via Steve Robets and Brenda Butler).

Would any great harm have come from people finding out this was a essentially a test of the troops?

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

My opinion of Nick is not quite as harsh as yours LOL!.

I know he was little more than an Executive Officer in the Civil Service with one or two part time underlings. His 'Head of the UFO Desk' is somewhat of a self proclaimed title and was a lot less important than he tells American audiences. I know that the UFO aspect was something that took a minority of his time at the MoD. It was more of being a helpline to the media and sending letters about "nothing of defence significance" to the British public. I even know that he saw an opportunity and grasped it. Proclaiming himself Britain's 'Fox Mulder'. That's why he's now in America selling his 'sekrets' to more gullible audiences. However I actually don't blame him for ironing out a new career that way.

(Sorry America - I know a lot of you are critical thinkers like many of us Brits. It's just there's more of you and there's a massive UFOEntertainment industry in the USA and a bigger 'ET believer' audience to preach to).

Nick did actually do a lot in the 90s to soften attitudes to the UFO subject here in UK. He's actually not a bad writer as well. However like far too many 'UFO researchers' before and after him he sold himself out to the UFO infotainment circus.

Why?

Well that pays an income. The majority of a paranormal radio show audience does not want the mystery solved unless it's all ET craft ,aliens or time travellers. So every UFO case has to remain preserved and never solved unless it's Alienz.

That's why Roswell and Rendlesham now have to remain as the two mighty pillars of Ufology. They cannot be allowed to collapse for fear that the whole ET, UFO history/mythology of the last 70 years will collapse with it.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

I need an extra arm (or at least a third thumb) to properly indicate my appreciation of this response.

Kev

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   

What's left is likely one of the combination of the following:

- Alien probe landed. Didn't like earth. Buggered off
- we share the planet with something else
- there's some horrible truth about the nature of the Cold War we aren't aware of. That could be political, technology or psychological

A lot of effort has gone into promoting rather extreme narrative of incompetent, technologically advanced creatures possibly from the future. Oh, and they have no concept of engineering reliable systems, health and safety and as such have a terrible accident rate.

If I were an alien I wouldn't dare fly a saucer...

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Well said and certainly one of the better posts in many a recent page!

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:26 AM
link   

That's what I was trying to point out before.
As long as there's never going to be an answer people can say whatever they like

But someone DOES have an answer so the UFO mob are on shaky ground.
I'm not surprised they get twitchy over minor details.

new topics

top topics

<< 109  110  111    113  114  115 >>

join