It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good Vibes Thread, or a place to become better.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Staff, if you feel this thread is off course in some way, do with it as you wish.

i thought, after reading Skeptic Overlords thread, that perhaps some, including myself, could use a place to talk of issues without ridicule and hate. a place to chat about perhaps some good things you have personally over come.

i see in this Social Issues forum where much is discussed with much passion, but little compassion.

i myself have over come much in my life, but i didn't do it alone, i did it with the help of compassionate human beings and my creator, but it's not about spirituality, nor the lack there of, it's about human beings and what we have over come in our lives and most importantly, how we achieved that.

i myself work on me everyday, but i wasn't always that way. growing up i learned, as many have, that if someone does something to you, you should start by being hurt, then you become angry and you return the hate with hate and that this is acceptable and how it's done.

i think that about sums it up for many of us?

our world leaders, our society, our friends and family have lived by this rule for eons it seems and where have we gone with it, well just look around and you shall see. i think a lot can be said about going within, looking at ourselves and how we interact on a personal level with those around us.

i believe if we are to make it through, to a better way of life, we need first start with ourselves. i have noticed with myself that when i first started paying attention to who i was, that at that very moment i actually had a chance to change and only then could i become the human being i wished to be. i fought with this many decades, changing my "programming" from what it was to what it is now.

i hated politicians, cops, criminals, bankers and so forth for a long time. i changed my stance on this many years ago, i did this by realizing they were part of me and i of them. i realized that what my ancestors did was program us to care about all life, that we were all connected and that is why we must care about everyone, like them or not.

essentially i had to reprogram myself to become a human being, a compassionate, caring human being.

i suppose that what i hope for this thread is that people have a place to discuss anything they wish in a way that supports neutrality and respect for each other, perhaps teach each other how to become better human beings through sharing thoughts and experiences without hate, on global issues.

i don't know, maybe i'm a dreamer, but i'm not the only one. cheesy clich'e are welcome also.

i look forward to hearing how you have overcome things in your lives as well, because i still have a lot to learn and need you all to get there.
edit on 23-12-2013 by OceanSpray because: sp

edit on 23-12-2013 by OceanSpray because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
The simple admission that we are all still learning, and will continue learning in perpetuity, is of paramount importance. The moment someone says, "This is so. It is so and will never be anything other than this," learning stops.

I think I know I mean a "yes" but it's all wrong. That is, I think I disagree.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
well i have to agree, we never seem to stop learning and i believe there are many who feel, whether they know it or not, that they know all they need to.

didn't think this thread had much of a chance, just wanted to offer something positive since there is so much negative to see in our world and our forum.

i run into people like that and i have learned to just relax and "let them be" who they are. used to be i "had" to show them their error in way's, but now i can live n let live so to speak. good observation Nth

new topics

join