It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They have no choice, so they drink it

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I know the folks involved with HoldenUganda. Their project is very, very touching and inspiring.

But the problem they have noticed is that warlords claim the well as theirs. Then dole it out to suit their needs.

It's not just the warlords that are capitalizing on the water shortage, it's conglomerates as well. You'll find that big business is buying up land that contains natural aquifers and reservoirs.

I used to work for a spring water company and they were offered to be bought out a number of times by a bigger corporation *cough cough amatil cough cough* it's scary to think that mega corps could soon have a stranglehold on our water supply.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Thecakeisalie

Rights are only reserved for those who are able to keep them.

If you think you have water rights as a megacorp, good luck keeping those rights.
People won't murder for gasoline. They will for water.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Stop building weapons, stop wars and we could all live happily ever after but noooo our leadershipment finds that too boring or something... Death is big busines and apparently very entertaining.

I read somewhere that around 30million children dies from hunger each year, same time big corps throw hundreds of thons food away each year just only in america so its even more world wide. Its not about we dont have enought food/water, its about ppl cant affort it.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

In many areas there is no wood to burn, nor enough dung or anything else. The cost of burnable charcoal in areas where it is available is beyond many. The wood being burned is leading to larger problems from deforestation.

Have you seen these drought ridden barron places where only people and flies seem to still be alive?
In places they CAN boil, like someone else said education is key. I met a family from Mexico and mentioned germs many years ago, not one of these people believed in germs! When I explained, they laughed at me, things to small to see... HAHA they make you sick...HAHAHA...THIS was in the USA!

“Boiling prevalence is likely very low throughout Africa, but we have some actual data from western Kenya in particular. What we found was that out of 400 randomly selected households in the study, only about a quarter of the respondents reported boiling their drinking water with any frequency, and I suspect that even that number was inflated by courtesy bias (the natural tendency to tell the visitor what you think would make them happy).”

www.ssireview.org...

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

I am saddened by this don't get me wrong but can't they make a make shift purifier?
edit on 20-12-2013 by VoidWalker because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join