It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's that time of year again: Christmas/Holiday bonuses?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Merry (you pick) fellow ATSers... So here we are at another action packed Holiday Season. It's always fun to see how far we've come from Christmases past. To that end, for those who even have jobs, let's have a show of hands of who is getting a holiday-related bonus of some kind. And how does that stack-up to years past?

I'll start: Nope... same as the last 3yrs with this particular company.

Next?

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

No bonus here, cuz no job.

But I always star and flag your posts, because I highly approve of 'National Guillotine Party' for absolute responsibility in governance...

Carry on.

edit on 3457112pmThursdayf57Thu, 19 Dec 2013 13:57:34 -0600America/Chicago by signalfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
3 weeks paid started yesterday the 18th
i love my job

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

Even though I don't celebrate this particular holiday, my clients are very appreciative of my creations and use this merry little season to show it. Making out like a bandit this year.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
None here. Workers comp, but they made sure to get me into my hearing the 1st of December so they could take money away.... Nope cpuldn't wait till after the holiday season, looks like another year of pulling hair for the rest of the kids gifts.
Now if it was a court scheduling of mine then I would be lucky to get in within 3 months, funny how that works.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Owning my own company I don't get Christmas bonuses. It being seasonal I also don't pay Christmas bonuses as we shut down in November and do not re-open until Mid March.

I think the bonus system is something that once in place is expected. Unless it is quota or performance driven it is nothing more than a Christmas gift. That being said I hope all the wage slaves get one!

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Yes, bonus here. I get to write the checks out, so I know what everyone's will be. Basically the same as last year, for everyone.
Just happy I'm getting one, and more interested to find out next week if and what the raises will be.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Our Christmas bonus this year is pretty slim this year compared to last year. I found out yesterday that we will be receiving a spiral Ham from our company. (Cost of the Ham is $12.95) Last year it was a $30.00 gift card to Applebees, the year before that we all got sweatshirts with our stores logo. But to be honest.. I'm happy with the Ham at least I can feed my family two dinners and a couple of nice fried ham breakfasts.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Job: yes
Bonus: no

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

No bonus. Same as it ever was. My wife's firm traditionally has given bonuses at Christmas. Not this year.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Wait, what's a bonus?

Really, I've never seen one before...

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I got a free mince pie today if that counts

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Year end bonus for me (although much less than it used to be)

Generous Christmas bonus for the wife.

I really thought this would be the year I didn't get anything, and I was okay with that. Nice to get a little something though.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I think my boss told me we're getting "holiday hams".... aside from that, I haven't heard anything else. I've never gotten a Christmas bonus either :-/

Boy would it be nice though!

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Yeah, gotta love the "share" of the company bonus!

(Sarcasm)

The plastic company I work for turns over about 10-12 million annually and has done for a while now. There's only 23 people who work at my branch, the wages are # and wage distribution is bottle necked into the manager/branch manager positions. The top earner in my position is about 16/19k a year, then the managers are on 54k, branch manager been on around 90-95...Then there's bonus time, where my position gets between 1-2k and they are, the majority of the times, getting above their annual salary.

May I add, my bonus gets a 40% tax on it too, so sometimes I could be walking away with £700-£1100.

then I just pay my debts anyway so its never win lol..Sorry for the rant, I have to go on a Xmas party tomorrow with them so best get it off my chest now
Woosaaaa

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

The plastic company I work for turns over about 10-12 million annually and has done for a while now.

Verrryyyyy Innnnteresting.
I wonder if you work for one of our competitors.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Got a small tin of roses.....not had an xmas bonus for over 6 years now

It was a given when I first started working..everyone got something worth something.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

In Germany now there's a trend of firing employees before Christmas.

Yup, so no bonuses for the wary.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

It's a Bonus to have a job... Three weeks off, without pay and no bonus.. Have saved enought to at least enjoy the festive season, so yeah bring it on..

Happy Chrimbo..

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Bonus? What's a bonus? Bwaaa-haaa-haa! None for hubby. I'm a stay at home mom, so my Xmas bonus will be a new crockpot. (Not very romantic, but it is what I asked for.)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join