It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Potential Alien Archetypes? NOT Species, or anything associated with the modern UFO Mythology.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
This is a question thread.

I've attempted doing ask.abovetopsecret.com and Google, but, my search strings only seem to return the cluttered rubbish of cartoon character modern UFO Mythology Species.

I've seen the list of potential Archetypes we might encounter somewhere before, but, it's lost in the noise of Pokemon Trading Cards of Greys, Plejarens, Insectoids, Reptilians, and other such.

I'm looking for the list of Archetypes, or the Archetype tree that generalizes possible types or alien encounter in the Real future like:

Replicator
Trickster
Salesman
Colonizer
Time Capsule/Archaeology
Machine
Cyborg
Distributed Consciousness
Construction Workers
Hegemonic/Imperialist/Annexation
Slavers
Collectors
Parasites
False Gods/Missionaries/Crusaders

... etc.

Is anyone familiar with this Archetype tree with nested examples illustrated in Fiction?

Thanks in advance for anyone that can point out a thread already on the topic, and/or online resource with this list.

As to discussion, I think I've made some of my personal opinion clear in referring to the Modern Mythology as Pokemon Trading Cards.
We've nothing to verify any of these Nordics, Greys, Nephilim, whatever, and until such, I personally, as a matter of opinion, think the whole Species thing is quite silly.

These Archetypes, however, are ambiguous and lay no claim to anything currently visiting Earth, but, illustrate possible encounters we'd probably be wise to familiarize ourselves with if ever we seriously expect to encounter anything 'other', and truly ALIEN.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by AliceBleachWhite

theres quite a few episodes of star trek you can delve into, erm what real future are you talking about?

funBox

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Here's a thread i authored about an online book i found,
about alien races.
i hope it helps......

The Alien Races Book

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Explorer
Drone
Philosopher

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

Thanks, but, I'm already quite familiar with much already in Science Fiction.
I could probably make an Archetype Tree myself, but, it'd save time in finding the one already authored.

If I'm not mistaken, the list was authored by a former Intelligence/Military fellow in a book along the lines of "What if Aliens actually did come to Earth?"

As I understand it, this fellow is one of the folks behind the speculative wargaming conducted by the US with that exact question in mind.

It's likely listed as a reference under
Potential Cultural Impact of Extraterrestrial Contact.
I'll dig through those.

The linked article frames a little of what I'm talking about under headings of
1. Friendly
2. Hostile
and from there goes into variations within these and discussion of 0/0, 0/10 types of Contact scenarios, and even discusses the Bracewell Probe concept.

What future am I talking about?
The kind that's discussed and speculated on by Scientists, not Ufologists.

SecretKnowledge

Here's a thread i authored about an online book i found,
about alien races.
i hope it helps......

The Alien Races Book

Thank you, but, that's what I was referring to as Pokemon Trading Cards.
The Alien Species thing is derived from the UFO Mythology that grew up around the phenomenon largely fueled by disingenuous opportunists, and folks whos standards for evidence are fairly low to nonexistent.
The link is appreciated, thank you, but, it's far away from what I was looking for.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Well first of all, every culture throughout history has had to deal with UFO phenomena. They are part of every mythology but appear in different forms. The forms change as culture changes.

Secondly, if you are talking archetypes of the collective unconscious and aliens, then you are talking Carl Jung and parapsychology. You are talking about semi-autonomous "living myths" that behave as one would expect gods to behave. So drawing a distinction is, ultimately, moot.

edit on 15-12-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Technological Engineer
Genetic Engineer
Prophet/Messenger
Space Cowboy/Planet Drifter
Energy Manipulator
Macrocosmic Scholar

lemme think and i'll have more.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

AliceBleachWhite
I'm looking for the list of Archetypes, or the Archetype tree that generalizes possible types or alien encounter in the Real future like:

Replicator
Trickster
Salesman
Colonizer
Time Capsule/Archaeology
Machine
Cyborg
Construction Workers
Slavers
Collectors
Parasites

... etc.

Is anyone familiar with this Archetype tree with nested examples illustrated in Fiction?

These Archetypes, however, are ambiguous and lay no claim to anything currently visiting Earth, but, illustrate possible encounters we'd probably be wise to familiarize ourselves with if ever we seriously expect to encounter anything 'other', and truly ALIEN.

(Probability. Extraterrestrials are not received well in non-asian countries. Rather they are received more adeptly as puns intended to highlight gospel originated messages, that sometimes promote oriental inferiority. Response. A considerable amount of material is licensed, often as untranslated to support this conclusion, this material is white washed into non-asian countries, several updates later it fits into the genre of white-washed western philosophy.)

Yugioh is ripe with spiritual themes, we can rule this one out as well as most contemporary card or comics.

Distant 3rd - Dungeons and Dragons, certain decks that deviate from the classical elf, dwarf, warrior dragon, stereotypes. (card decks)
Distant 2nd - Magic the Gathering Battlegrounds (card decks, require further research into the matter)
Distant 1st - At the moment I'm unsure of all the asian exclusive material that didn't get received well or exported outside of their territories. This may also be a false conclusion.

My best choice is Magic the Gathering Battlegrounds, there should be several hundred cards, and it is the near opposite of Yugioh's spiritual themes. Or it is designed this way, some western whitewashed examples are the marvel and dc universes, and their clones. There's nothing really there. There are some Magic Battle Ground clones online or offline, currently including Magic Battle Ground. That may take first place. Without further examination, these are my best answers. (Pokemon, and its clones are also whitewashed and sadly they are also western whitewashed into the asian markets).
edit on 15-12-2013 by sighstars because: minor edits

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Fire and Thunder are good enough for me.

edit on 15-12-2013 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   

AliceBleachWhite

This is a question thread.

I've attempted doing ask.abovetopsecret.com and Google, but, my search strings only seem to return the cluttered rubbish of cartoon character modern UFO Mythology Species.

I've seen the list of potential Archetypes we might encounter somewhere before, but, it's lost in the noise of Pokemon Trading Cards of Greys, Plejarens, Insectoids, Reptilians, and other such.

Replicator
Trickster
Salesman
Colonizer
Time Capsule/Archaeology
Machine
Cyborg
Construction Workers
Slavers
Collectors
Parasites

... etc.

I am not but I do think it is a great idea.

I've seen a similar list before.

I'd include Nanobots/Nanites (tiny little machines/probes), Cocooners (civilizations which build things like Dyson Spheres and keep a low profile otherwise), Teachers and the most obvious Explorers/Scientists.

I'd also add "Indifferent" to "Friendly" and "Hostile" as it is likely to represent the largest cross-section of archetypes.

edit on 15-12-2013 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Okay, so, I'm still looking for the original documentation.

Thanks all to those who are attempting to contribute types, but, there's really already an Archetype list discussed and illustrated in speculative literature.

Of possible interest to some; while looking, I found this book online:

Contact With Alien Civilizations - Our Hopes and Fears about Encountering Extraterrestrials, by Michael A.G. Michaud

It's some 375 pages of all sorts of interesting material relevant to discussion of any potential future Contact with Alien Civilizations. It's a nicely thorough examination of the topic even in examining the fringe mythology that's so popular, though the bulk focuses more on future Contact Scenarios with unknowns.

Meanwhile I'll keep sifting through reference citations.

edit on 12/15/2013 by AliceBleachWhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

AliceBleachWhite

Of possible interest to some; while looking, I found this book online:

Contact With Alien Civilizations - Our Hopes and Fears about Encountering Extraterrestrials, by Michael A.G. Michaud

Thank you for that find; it was an incredibly good read.

Though I do disagree with a few points.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
please update this and let us know if you find what you're looking for I'd be really interested in reading it.

I'm wondering if it's something similar to this
http:// www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ sociopolitica/sociopol_nexus7_04.htm
edit on 20-12-2013 by thesamelight because: (no reason given)

top topics

join