It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Obama's new advisor persuade him to release UFO files?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Recently got shared this interesting article, so thought I would share.

News of John Podesta's appointment as counselor to US President Barack Obama has triggered speculation that some of the top secret UFO files may be released soon. Read more: voiceofrussia.com...

From the UFO community stand point, this can only be good news. Also, so far I have read that he will be a "counsellor" or a "special advisor" to Obomba, so what's the difference and which is he?

But there is one fact you might not know about him. Podesta repeatedly urged the US government to declassify at least some UFO files 25 years old which could give scientists a clue as to the real nature of UFOs. In 2010, he wrote a foreword to Leslie Kean's "UFOs: Generals, Pilots and Government Officials Go on the Record". Read more: voiceofrussia.com...

"I'm skeptical about many things, including the notion that government always knows best, and that the people can't be trusted with the truth. The time to pull the curtain back on this subject is long overdue. Presenting the facts, the book includes statements from only the most credible sources - those in a position to know - about a fascinating phenomenon, the nature of which is yet to be determined," Podesta wrote. Read more: voiceofrussia.com...

Additionally, something which struck me whilst reading this piece, why bring in Podesta now? With Barack Obomba's rating dropping more and more everdyay, how much popularity would releasing some old UFO files bring anyway?

Of course, the appointment might not even have anything to do with UFOs.

edit on 15-12-2013 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I guess they are hoping it raises his number some....

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Hoooaaaa...thats coolest thing if Mr. obama do it!
Soooo the alien is true???
Cant wait to shake hand and ask how can we go to your planet as a guest! !

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I afraid some of you will be very dissapointed in what the Government knows about UFOs. From my experience it is not much and a subject rarely taken seriously.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I've been hoping for disclosure for a long time, but still remain skeptical that it will ever happen. If it did happen, it would be timed to government's maximum advantage, to induce chaos, or use it as a tool to take away rights or change society in some way. "Since there are aliens out there, we need to enforce a curfew..." or some BS.

Nevertheless, I fully support and hope for a decision to provide disclosure for us. Not just America, but the whole world deserves to get some answers to a phenomenon that has been confounding people for at least the last 70 years, if not through all of history.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Over the years some elements of the government have always taken the subject seriously, there's mountains of documents which corroborate this.

Care to elaborate on your experience?

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

I agree with you.

And IF the govt has any info and made a disclosure, I would be hesitant to believe them anyway.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
If the Government knows anything about UFO's I don't think they would tell the President.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
John Podesta was White House Chief of Staff under President Bill Clinton from 1998 until 2001 , Clinton had an interest in the subject and wanted to know the truth but Podesta couldn't bring disclosure from his position of power at that time , so in answer to your question I would say no because Obama knows no more than Clinton did nor does he have the power to release state secrets.

I remember that when Obama was first elected Podesta was there to help with the transition and nothing came out then or since so I see no reason to believe that it will now.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I won't bet the house on it, but it's possible. Podesta has made his views very clear.

Was he hired to assist with disclosure? History says no, but there are a couple of arguments here.

1. Mr. Obama is in second term and doesn't have to face reelection
2. Being the " disclosure president" would give Mr. Obama a positive legacy, to go sling with whatever happens to the AHCA.
3. Current ratings are low, and the government is seen by many as increasingly secretive and subversive. UFO disclosure could have an immediate positive impact on ratings. This will help, in turn, with that final 3 years of his presidency, so his laws can be passed.

I still say unlikely, but since I believe they are hiding the truth, I think that it will come out sometime soon. Why not now?

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I would suggest the President knows as much about UFO's as we do, however that's not to suggest knowledge isn't being withheld from the general populous.

Will disclosure ever happen? Not whilst it's in their interests not to disclose, especially if they had struck a deal to swap technology in return for tests to be carried out on humans. Can you imagine the panic brought about by this admission. Yes there are aliens, yes they do abduct civilians and yes there is nothing we can do about it.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Disclosure will NEVER EVER EVER happen unless some outside entity, such as Space X, for example, revels something irrefutable and pushes it to the table. It will never happen voluntarily. EVER. And then, only snippets and limited amounts of information MAY be disclosed. If there IS information hidden, it is in the government's eyes, profoundly damaging to the fabric of our judeo-christian based society.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   

jupiter869
Disclosure will NEVER EVER EVER happen unless some outside entity, such as Space X, for example, revels something irrefutable and pushes it to the table. It will never happen voluntarily. EVER. And then, only snippets and limited amounts of information MAY be disclosed. If there IS information hidden, it is in the government's eyes, profoundly damaging to the fabric of our judeo-christian based society.

Jupiter, I disagree. Disclosure, forced or not, is inevitable. To me the only question is how long it takes. I would suggest that "slow drip" disclosure began long ago.

The interest and the availability of information will push fuller disclosure, within the next 5-10 years. That is my guess.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Jchristopher5

I disagree. Disclosure, forced or not, is inevitable.

It's only inevitable IF there's something for the Government to disclose and while I'd like to think there is we have no evidence that is the case.
The same applies for ET , they can only disclose if they know we're here and again we have no evidence that that is the case .
Belief is great but it only goes so far.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

MrSpad
I afraid some of you will be very dissapointed in what the Government knows about UFOs. From my experience it is not much and a subject rarely taken seriously.

From my experience, and personal knowledge of NATO Pilots, it is too much and a subject taken very seriously. An issue of (Inter) National Security heavily classified.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

the people responsible for it won't allow Obama nor anyone else to see it

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

You're afraid of what? What makes you so special that you think you know exactly what the government knows. The ego on some people is laughable, and you couldn't possibly know such things, so stop acting like you speak for the government because you have been lied to just like the rest of us.

Unless of course you are claiming to be psychic?

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
In the past year, there has been a lot of talk of something "big" coming out.
Let's just hope it wasn't the long awaited confirmation that Area 51 exists, because we all knew this to be true.

However, it is rather exciting news of Mr. Podesta as counselor to the US president. I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens or what will finally make its way out - if anything.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Zcustosmorum
reply to post by MrSpad

Over the years some elements of the government have always taken the subject seriously, there's mountains of documents which corroborate this.

I can not go into detail however on couple occasions when friendly nations had UFOs in their airspace they would assume it was us and complain. We would determine it was not one of ours, and the go on to determine if it was anybody elses. At that point people were interested, could it be Russian, Chinese or even something an ally might be hiding. When all those would be found likely not to be the case any interest in what was seemed to go away and the assumption would be it was one of dozen things from weather to just bad reporting. As long as it was not determined to be a possible military platform it would be filed away and that would be that. Not very exciting I know but, as I said this was my experience at the very highest parts of the military and intelligence departments.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

MrSpad

Zcustosmorum
reply to post by MrSpad

I can not go into detail however on couple occasions when friendly nations had UFOs in their airspace they would assume it was us and complain. We would determine it was not one of ours, and the go on to determine if it was anybody elses. At that point people were interested, could it be Russian, Chinese or even something an ally might be hiding. When all those would be found likely not to be the case any interest in what was seemed to go away and the assumption would be it was one of dozen things from weather to just bad reporting. As long as it was not determined to be a possible military platform it would be filed away and that would be that. Not very exciting I know but, as I said this was my experience at the very highest parts of the military and intelligence departments.

Logical and probable , but to play the tin foil devils advocate in fantasy land:

Huge assumptions:
1. Alien civilization exists and is visiting us.
2. Select few (govt/Illuminati/Oprah,etc ) are aware.
3. A non disclosure agreement exists by the select few.
4. the select few are powerless in regards to the Aliens in all manners.
5. Past attempts to deal with the Aliens have all failed whether using force ,friendly or via communication attempts.

When all those would be found likely not to be the case any interest in what was seemed to go away and the assumption would be it was one of dozen things from weather to just bad reporting.

Wouldn't the gov't eventually end up doing the same thing even though select few are aware about an Alien presence or would they continue to waste resources unto something they are hopeless against?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join