It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Post removed, no message why?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I had a post removed with the LIES message inserted into the message space, and no explanation why?

Did I link to something I was not allowed to?

As far as I am aware, the message was speculation over bullet holes, trajectory, etc., and did nothing to exploit any lies. If the information in the post had been debunked, would it not be better to post that instead of removing the post?

Is there a list of prohibited websites that shows what sites besides BIN and some other well known ones, that we cannot link to?

If I did something wrong, I would like to know what so I don't do it again. Without that information, it's impossible to know.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   
On any forum where I was a moderator, we always gave an explanation of our actions through private message. I agree that you should know why.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   
The implications of this are scary.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

did you perhaps link to Clues Forum?

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Libertygal
I had a post removed with the LIES message inserted into the message space,

That part right there is what's really strange. I've been witness to many a post on here being censored for various reasons but I've never seen something like that before. I'm really looking forward to seeing what the answer is on this one!!!

Do you know who the Mod was on the thread???

Any more info on what the topic was, because from what you said it doesn't sound like anything that would be a problem??

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by mOjOm

No, there was no mod name on the post showing it had been edited, and no U2U. Just the LIES message.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I linked to two youtube videos and an article about Sandy Hook, where I was specifically calling attention to a green honda. The videos did nothing but show the bullet holes and the rust around them. Short videos, that come up easily on youtube in a search for said videos.

I specifically stated in the post that I linked to the article for the pic only, as I cannot upload pics from my phone. I did not read the article, but if that was the offending problem, why not edit the link instead of my entire post?

It seemed like a rather knee-jerk response, IMO, which is why I am posting a question regarding this.

I have also never seen a post edited as such, without an edit showing the moderator's name, and receiving a U2U addressing the problem.

The thread is the Release of the report on Sandy Hook. As far as I am aware, nothing uncivil, nor untoward. Perhaps the mistake was in the article I linked, referencing the photo, but, I don't know.

edit on 15-12-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   

MarioOnTheFly

did you perhaps link to Clues Forum?

I have no clue what that is, but, I don't think so?

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I saw the post and here is the link....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I have seen this before, but very rarely. It seems there was a link used that is not allowed here at ATS. They were not calling the OP a liar, just making a statement about the site linked.
edit on 12/15/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

If that is the case, why trash my entire post, and not just that link?

How are we supposed to know "banned" websites?

Why no U2U, no mod edit on the post so I could send a private message?

I'm sorry, but I am confused by this action.

Like I said, perhaps I should have read the article I linked to, but I reiterate, I wasn't linking to it for the content, but the aerial image it contained. That image was hard for me to find, and it showed a point I was trying to make with relation to where the car was parked.

Trashing the entire post seems a bit over the top, IMO.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Libertygal

If that is the case, why trash my entire post, and not just that link?

How are we supposed to know "banned" websites?

Why no U2U, no mod edit on the post so I could send a private message?

I'm sorry, but I am confused by this action.

Like I said, perhaps I should have read the article I linked to, but I reiterate, I wasn't linking to it for the content, but the aerial image it contained. That image was hard for me to find, and it showed a point I was trying to make with relation to where the car was parked.

Trashing the entire post seems a bit over the top, IMO.

I am with you. I would like to know why if it had happened to me too. I am not sure why they removed the whole post and you may never find out since you didn't get a pm telling you why already. I'm not even sure what the MO is for that here. I hope you find out why as it kind of helps you know what NOT to do again. You don't really know, if nobody tells you.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Exactly, and, I can only postulate that it was the content of the video/s, or the content of the link, but, I am not even sure I can find that link again. It was rather difficult to find that exact photo, and I don't even remember the search terms.

This whole thing would have been much simpler with an explanation.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
The "LIES' sign comes up when you post a link to a site known to post lies.

It's not that YOU lied. It's that the link goes to a 'bad site'.

Just edit your post and take out the links .... work from there ....

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

That would be great, except my post was deleted. I have no way to edit it, nor any idea which link it was. There were 3, though I think it may have been the one with the aerial image, I tried, and can't even find that image again, nor the link I used.

I have no idea what it was now.

Also, is there a list of these banned sites somewhere? Would this not be helpful to avoid this issue in the future?

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   

There are things here on ATS that will not be discussed.
If I were you and I wanted to discuss these things, I'd go elsewhere.
ATS simply does not care, it is their board and they have multitudes of gawkers.
Why do you think much of the good talent is gone nowadays.
T&C violations...

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
You linked to a site that is not allowed on ATS because that site is known for being part of hoaxes or spreading lies (typically about ATS). We're obviously not going to humor them further by linking to their site.

The post is automatically "removed" by site code, i.e. no moderator intervention or action happened thus no U2U was sent.

And technically speaking the post is still there - it is just hidden by this graphic:

If you like you can contact the moderators via the complaint feature and request that we remove the unwanted link. Your post should then return to normal.
edit on 15-12-2013 by Gemwolf because: Clarity

new topics

top topics

join