It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spirituality as Costume

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

BDBinc
No I don't have to accept Hitler's opinion as spirituality.

No but you should accept the definition of spirituality in general to discuss the topic within that context instead of trying to tell us what it means to you, which is not the topic of the thread.

The OP's topic is that he believes his opinion is a higher truth.

The OP has never said that. Your putting words in his mouth.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

daskakik

BDBinc
No I don't have to accept Hitler's opinion as spirituality.

No but you should accept the definition of spirituality in general to discuss the topic within that context instead of trying to tell us what it means to you, which is not the topic of the thread.

The OP's topic is that he believes his opinion is a higher truth.

The OP has never said that. Your putting words in his mouth.

No I'm not . If the OP didn't think that Hitler's opinion was Hitler's spirituality then he wouldn't have said that Hitler's opinion is his spirituality.
No I don't have to accept a wrong opinion or crazy ideas.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by BDBinc

Whatever.

I'm done with this brick wall.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by BDBinc

I never spoke for Hitler. Once again you've resorted to fantasy and delusion to recover your shoddy arguments. It is simply untrue what you are saying.

No; Hitler never said his spirituality was his opinion. It was me that said that. It was me that said his spirituality was opinion and not truth. Read the OP—it was conceived in my mind, spoken through my mouth in my words. Agree with it or not, simple as that. It was Hitler who thought his opinions were true, and therefor all others wrong and false.

There are no "higher truths".

You see your opinions on spirituality as higher truths. That much is clear and you happily hide behind that costume. I see your "higher truths" on spirituality as your opinions.

Can you admit that your ideas on spirituality and spiritual matters are your interpretations and not absolute truth? Neither could Hitler.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Aphorism
reply to post by BDBinc

I never spoke for Hitler. Once again you've resorted to fantasy and delusion to recover your shoddy arguments. It is simply untrue what you are saying.

No; Hitler never said his spirituality was his opinion. It was me that said that. It was me that said his spirituality was opinion and not truth. Read the OP—it was conceived in my mind, spoken through my mouth in my words. Agree with it or not, simple as that. It was Hitler who thought his opinions were true, and therefor all others wrong and false.

There are no "higher truths".

You see your opinions on spirituality as higher truths. That much is clear and you happily hide behind that costume. I see your "higher truths" on spirituality as your opinions.

Can you admit that your ideas on spirituality and spiritual matters are your interpretations and not absolute truth? Neither could Hitler.

Again you are speaking for Hitler on matters of spirituality. Can you admit that we have just argued about YOUR definition of spirituality that you say is Hitlers too.
Nowhere have you provided Hitler saying "My opinion and my display of opinion murdering Jews, disabled and homosexuals is my spirituality" this idea you had of Hitler's spirituality is just your idea .
You really must think Hiter's opinion is spirituality.
As you say you believe your opinion is your spirituality.
Hitlers opinion may sound like spirituality to you but most people ( including Hitler as he didn't say his opinion was his spirituality- you declared it was his spirituality for him) actually know Hitlers opinion is just Hitlers opinion.
Opinions are not spirituality. Opinions are opinions.

edit on 29-12-2013 by BDBinc because: Edit opinion which is not spirituality.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Aphorism
Would it be somehow sacrilegious of me to say that Hitler was highly spiritual?

Yes.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Aphorism
One needs only look at every single supposed guru or spiritual teacher to realize they all follow a formula. One notable attribute is the very excellent beards. The long beard has grown into a symbol of wisdom that rarely a sage is seen without one. But I have a hard time equating the beard with wisdom when it is more a sign of laziness, or better, irony—one can imagine what insights lie hidden in that bristled mess. They are always seated, because perhaps they are too spiritual to stand. But these subtle displays and submissions to imagery associated with wisdom is a sign not of wisdom itself, but that one wants to appear spiritual, one wants to be associated with “spirituality”, and therefore must adopt the markings of those who are also spiritual, so that he may convince himself, and hopefully his followers, that he is too.

All jokes about beards aside - what formula do these 'gurus' follow?
I am not speaking about how they sit, how they stand, how long their beard is - I am asking again what 'ideas', what 'opinions' are they promoting?
edit on 30-12-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

You guys need to stop playing dumb.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

daskakik

You guys need to stop playing dumb.

Maybe you could answer the question then?
What ideas and opinions are the gurus promoting?
You might have taken the trouble to have listened to them so you might have an answer.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

I shouldn't have to answer something that you already know.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

daskakik

I shouldn't have to answer something that you already know.

I am asking you because you have called me dumb - I am dumb - please help me by explaining.
I don't know and I am asking for help.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

I didn't say you are dumb I said you are playing dumb because we have discussed gurus before. Also the way that spirituality is being used in the present thead has also been explained and still you and BDBinc want to take off on the tangent based on your definition of spirituality.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

I am not speaking about how they sit, how they stand, how long their beard is - I am asking again what 'ideas', what 'opinions' are they promoting?

Their own.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Aphorism

They are not promoting any thing, any ideal, any better future.
They help no one find nothing.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

The ones you consider genuine or the ones you consider fake?

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Aphorism

Their own.

Would you be more specific? I did not ask 'who's' ideas and opinions are they promoting.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Would you be more specific? I did not ask 'who's' ideas and opinions are they promoting.

They are promoting the content of their own ideas and opinions. The content is formed of their own thoughts and words, spoken by their own mouths. It is up to you to derive meaning from it or not.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Aphorism

They are promoting the content of their own ideas and opinions. The content is formed of their own thoughts and words, spoken by their own mouths. It is up to you to derive meaning from it or not.

That is a no then?
You cannot say what ideas and opinions they are promoting.
Ok thanks.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

I told you I haven't watched them.

Your welcome.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Aphorism

I told you I haven't watched them.

Your welcome.

Maybe you just rely on preconceived ideas.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join