It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Positive spin on China’s smog crisis backfire

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
"With smog so dense -- the city of Beijing can't currently be seen from space -- it's hard to think of positives for the pollution plaguing Chinese cities. A nationalist newspaper in China took the glass half-full approach Monday, however, when they wrote that the smog gives China a leg up on military defense."

First story:

www.pbs.org...

How stupid do they think people are:

A Time magazine translator indicated that Global Times, China, offered up the following rationalizations for smog:

1. It unifies the Chinese people.
2. It makes China more equal.
3. It raises citizen awareness of the cost of China’s economic development.
4. It makes people funnier.
5. It makes people more knowledgeable (of things like meteorology and the English word haze).

“That's some interesting rationalization. Following that line of thinking, hurricanes also unify people by forcing them to leave their isolated homes and gather in collectives. Tornadoes give people a sense of the power of nature. Wildfires place everyone on an equal footing by burning everyone's possessions to the ground.”

Another story:

www.scotsman.com...

As one citizen stated “But enemies wouldn’t need to resort to missile attacks if the smog continues to increase – people will simply be poisoned to death.”

This would be laughable if it weren’t so serious a problem for the people. The pathetic attempt by the government to convince the masses is nothing short of pathetic!

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Their people are suffering with the smog so their rulers can waste more money on military projects and spaceflight and satellites. Mushrooms grow well in the smog, with all the crap they are fed but the fruit doesn't live long. S&F
edit on 10-12-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by pandersway

This is always seen in totalitarian societies. and reading through these, they totally remind me of Obama's playbook.. He gets all his best stuff from communist China, Pol Pot, Chairman Mao, And Atilla the hun..

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Chinese government should tell the truth to its people!

The carbon they are breathing, it is breathable diamonds! It will reinforce them!

And it is priceless!

Phhf-WHÔÔ!

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   

This turned my stomach..

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackArrow

Yeah, it's quite incredible how some people in positions of power and authority lose sight of reality and the everyday man on the street. "Let's heard them together, on to the slaughter..."

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   

It will be interesting to see how China handles their smog problem.

In terms of long-term green solutions it might be a valuable market in the long run for new and experimental solutions in energy. Oil soaked nations with an iron fist like the U.S. aren't usually receptive to change.

If you compare carbon emissions per capita the U.S. is far worse than China. China has a huge population but compared to the U.S., pollute less as a percentage of each capita.

Also while the Chinese media is propagandized the Chinese people KNOW that it is. They are not idiots. At least in China the people don't believe that media is fair and balanced reporting.

Compare that to the average U.S. viewer when watching MSM sources.

I think the Chinese will come up with a solution that will be very interesting to watch in it's development. They already have many top notch math/engineering students getting ready for future careers.

edit on 10-12-2013 by OrphanApology because: d

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

So right you are....when will humanity learn?

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by OrphanApology

Yeah , I agree let's see how they come up with ways of tackling this major problem other than B. S'ing the public and insulting their intelligence. It will be interesting to watch.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by OrphanApology

I believe the chinese have come up with a solution - they're buying up america - and they've built empty cities all over Africa.

They're going to let the ones that aren't smart perish, and move their nationalistic smart ones all over the planet.

Greener pastures takes on a whole new different meaning here......

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   

I see no difference in what they released to the hundreds if not thousands of "editorials" of the same level of hogwash in U.S. newspapers/media. The difference is that the ones here won't admit their level of shillery and if they say something too outrageous the "authors" are simply 'fired'. When was the last time a paper/T.V. station took full responsibility for being a state propaganda hooker?

Meanwhile, the Chinese people well understand that their media is propaganda. They are also turning into a viable market for things such as masks and air purifiers. People that believe state run propaganda don't buy things like that. Here in the U.S. you get made fun of for refusing to drink flouridated water.

I think their answer in the end will be some type of energy that will replace coal in production setting(not cars persay). Right now the only thing looming on horizon is synthetic natural gas. Who knows what the future will bring.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

I've read about those cities the Chinese have built in Africa and it struck me as I read it that this is their motive to 'bug out' when the critical time comes. The rich will leave and the rest will stay and continue to 'enjoy' the smog as it is for their best.

So, how to soothe the masses and not allow a revolt of any kind?

But this type of propaganda is nonsense to anyone who reads it. What will they try next one ponders?

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Doesnt stop there either there polluting there soil with heavy metals there citizens already test 3 to 4 times higher in lead in there blood. And rice as it turns out is poisoned with lead they have destroyed the land and even the crops are dangerous now!Wouldnt even want to think what a billion people going crazy from lead poisoning will be like. Thats a scary thought isnt it?
edit on 12/11/13 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

Yeah heavy metals can really mess with your mental functions, memory, mood.....

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   

I believe the Romans, of ancient times, used lead as "seasoning".

America uses mercury for light bulbs and vaccine adjudvacants.

Poison a people, destroy a people.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
The cynicism of authoritarian states, the laughter behind the mask, will never EVER cease to amaze me.
Here in Venezuela anytime a large blackout occurs, or multiple ones occur (like a seson) they had the gall to blame it on the people for consumerism and compulsive energy spending. There was a heat wave at the time by the way.

This is Authoritarian Behaviour 101.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by metodex

Emm and in South America the authoritarianism is often backed up with a hard-hitting fist unlike the softer approach most countries use in Asia. Sweeping comment I know but it does bare some truth.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   

There hasn't been any genocides in Venezuela in the last decade or two, at least not government sponsored ones. However the murder statistics speak a different language than ideology. And if you think inflation,crime,scarcity of basic products and polarized societies are not a hard-hitting punch,i urge you to think again. However this post is about China,so i digress.

I think that mockery is as hard hitting as any bullet, how dare they insult a people's intelligence like that? It disgusts me man.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   
They have an entire city that looks like the inside of a 4 year old boys underwear. Meanwhile, in the US, we have a redneck shooting a country music singer for smoking in a bar.

LOL....cultural divide indeed.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

They have an entire city that looks like the inside of a 4 year old boys underwear.

That's a comment I'm not familiar with. Could you explain further?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join