It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Seal of Melchizedek and Solomon's Seal…what do they really represent…?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
The Seal of Melchizedek and Solomon’s Seal…what do they really represent…?

What your looking at above, is Oldest Jewish Bible in the World!…it is dated at 1008 AD. In this thread, I’d like to consider/discuss what the religious significance of those shapes/stars might mean.

Now please bear in mind, these shapes are found on the oldest complete Bible, so they must have some kind of religious significance.

The shapes themselves are all made up of Biblical verses, ranging from the Psalms and Hebrews too Deuteronomy. The person who made up the shapes/stars clearly went to a lot of time and effort, to use those verses, to form those shapes etc..

There are three key aspects to all this…

(1) The Six Pointed Star

(2) The Eight Pointed Star

(3) The Mysterious 4 Corners

(1)

The Six Pointed Star

Known as “Solomon’s Seal“, mainly because legend has it, that Solomon used the six pointed to star ring, to capture/control djinns, genies and demons…

It’s also more commonly known as the “Star of David”, because of David’s legendary use of it, by wearing it battle on his shield, which was believed to have protective powers.

Just like the Seal of Melchizedek, Solomon’s Seal is also seen around various churches around the globe…here is just one example…

Above, a Roman Mosaic from Le Bardo Tunis…

What could Solomon’s Seal, possibly represent…?

Here’s what I’ve found so far…

The six pointed star is mentioned in occult books and magic circles and practices…

Below, is one famous example, from Eliphas Levi…

According to various sources, it depicts the Father above, and the son below

The inscriptions, written in Latin, translates to – “The higher Macroprosopus as the lower Microprosopus.”

The Macroprosopus is the Arich Anpin , and comes from the Kabalistic book of the Zohar, which is essentially a commentary, on the mystical aspects, of the five books of Moses.

The Microprosopus is the Zeir Anpin , which is again comes from the book of Zohar, and it’s regarded as a revealed aspect of God.

What the meaning roughly translates to is…

“Let that which is higher, agree with that which is lower, (and vice versa), to make them both one.” Which is kind of me paraphrasing all the meanings I’ve read so far.

The six pointed star, also has a strong connection with Masonry…

Here are a few examples…

Above, a ring showing the traditional Masonic Ring symbol of compass and Square, together with “Solomon’s Seal”

The above picture, comes from a Masonic Lodge in Edinburgh, known as Mary's Chapel.

The symbols above are pretty much a mystery to me, as are the many other various six pointed stars, you can find online showing different symbols, in and around them…

Although its possible that the 8 shapes on the outside, may in turn, have some connection to the 8 points of the “Seal of Melchizedek”, seeing as both Stars, are often drawn together etc…

***********************************************************************************************

(2)

The Eight Pointed Star

Which is regarded by many researchers to be the “Seal of Melchizedek”; which seems to be derived from the following mosaics, found in a few churches around the globe, where the symbol can be seen depicted onto altar cloths.

For example…

From the Catholic Basilica in Ravenna, in Italy…below…

And…

The Mosaic of Melchizedek, Abel, and Abraham - Basilica of St. Apollinare…below…

In the OT Melchizedek is known as the “king of Peace”, and “King of righteousness”, which are all names for Jesus himself.

The symbol is also found in various churches around the world…

For example…

Above… A mosaic from a Christian church at Khirbet Beit Sila, which is now on display at the Museum of “The Inn of the Good Samaritan”

And…

Above…From a roman mosaic in Bignor

What could The Seal of Melchizedek possibly represent…?

Here’s what I found so far…

Above, are some eight pointed star, petal rosettes, found in an excavation of the Sumerian city of Ur.

The Sumerians used this linear (extended star form) to represent 2 Goddesses, both Ishtar and Inanna. While the Sun in the middle, represented the Sun God.

Above, is the Kneph, which was adopted by masonry although it was originally an Egyptian Deity symbol.

The Egyptian symbol is often depicted as a winged egg, surrounded by one or more serpents. When just one serpent is depicted, this represented the Primeval Creator God Amun, who was able to take on the form of a snake, named “Kematef”.

In this particular image, the snake is said to be “thrusting from its mouth an egg”…

Unfortunately no one seems to know why Seal of Melchizedek is depicted onto the egg. One possible theory is that the winged egg represented the 2 primeval energies/forces of spirit and matter, which created everything in the universe. If this is the case, then maybe this is exactly what the 2 overlapping squares signify…i.e. God…

The other possible tie in, is with Amun, who was one of the Gods of the “Ogdoad”. The Ogdoad was essentially a system of eight deities. Four of these deities were male, and they each had a feminine counter part. Together each male and his consort, made up 4 powers/sources/elements, from which everything was created. The 4 being Water, Eternity, Darkness and Air.

Perhaps the Seal of Melchizedek, represents each of these 8 individual deities of the Ogdoad, with its eight points etc…

Continued…

edit on 7-12-2013 by Joecroft because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Joecroft

(3)

The mysterious 4 corners

This aspect could admittedly mean absolutely nothing, but to me, there is something very mysterious about it all…

Above…Another Roman mosaic, from Bignor

Note the strange shapes in the four corners. In fact, if you copy the Oldest Bible image, onto your PC, and zoom in on the corners, you can just about make out, the exact same shapes in each corner! Right now, I have no idea what they could mean or symbolize…?

Above… From a Saint Bartholomew’s church, in Derbyshire England…

This is probably one the best images I’ve seen of “Seal of Melchizedek” and adds more information to those mysterious 4 corners.

The left top and bottom corners, both contain the letter I. While the top right has a letter n and the bottom right as the letter R. Whether this adds any extra clues, or has any relevance to the 4 corner images found on the Oldest Bible and the Mosaic from Bognar, is uncertain, but it certainly adds to the intrigue…

Taken from left to right, letters could possible form INRI, which is acronym for the Latin phrase “igne natura renovatur integra” which means “Through fire, nature is reborn whole”…And I believe this is referring to the fire of the Holy Spirit sent by God, which is how one becomes reborn, or “born again” spiritually, through Gods power…

The 3 dice, all adding up to the number 11, is a mystery as well. And may have absolutely no connection whatsoever.

Mathematically, there are only 7 variations from 3 dice, to produce the number 11. Which means there are 2 variations which are repeated, which is the sequence 5+3+3, which are position at the bottom left, and at top middle, right. Again, I don’t know what these could possibly signify, if anything at all…

The above image is a scene from the movie “Solomon Kane” and it’s one of those, blink and you might miss it moments. The image is only clearly visible for a few seconds…Again look at those 4 corners and those scribbley snake like lines.

The whole theme of the movie revolves around soul redemption, and at the end of the movie the devil gets transported back to Hell through a mirror, which just so happens to have a reflection of an eight-pointed star within it. Shown here below…

I look forward to hearing your replies…

- JC

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Much interesting information here.
Two minor points.
First, I think you mean 1000 A.D. , not B.C. A thousand years ago, not three thousand.
Also the usual understanding of INRI is IESUS NAZARENUS REX IUDAEORUM- "Jesus of Nazareth King of the Jews". What was written above the cross, of course, which is why it is often found on representations of the cross.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

Originally posted by DISRAELI
Much interesting information here.
Two minor points.
First, I think you mean 1000 A.D. , not B.C. A thousand years ago, not three thousand.

Thanks for pointing that out, most of the material I’ve been lookng at comes from the BC period, hence my mistake…I’ve now amedend my OP to show AD instead…thanks again…

Originally posted by DISRAELI
Also the usual understanding of INRI is IESUS NAZARENUS REX IUDAEORUM- "Jesus of Nazareth King of the Jews". What was written above the cross, of course, which is why it is often found on representations of the cross.

Forgot about that one lol

Yes “IESUS NAZARENUS REX IUDAEORUM” = INRI = "Jesus of Nazareth King of the Jews".

The other translation of “Igne Natura Renovatur Integra” = INRI = “All nature will be renewed by fire”

Interesting correlation there, between the 2 acronyms. Especially with Jesus being the bringer of the baptism of fire, whereby one becomes renewed or “born again”…

Possibly a deliberate dual acronym symbolism, between Jesus and Fire…

- JC

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

excellent!

do what do the words say in the text in middle of the first image, the oldest one?

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   

The 'star of david' is a 2d representation of the 'merkaba' vehicle 6 points. Im having a problem with only 8 points shown visible in the Solomon or Melchisedek 2d form. If you were to understand the triangle as a 3d aspect (not pyramidal with 4 bottom base corners) oops that may explain the four corners outside your moniker edges; spin the 3 dimensional triangle in opposite directions you manifest a 'vehicle' to take your conciousness into the other world, in some cases your body if you were of the lighter frequencies (which is the point). The body human represents itself with another 3 points that is/are in stasis, not moving in the middle of the spinning vortecies. There should be 9 points of reference 2 dimensionally, 3, 3 and 3. Why only eight with a dim reference to 4 others? In truth this image should hold NINE 2d points (as to the star) as a CERTAINTY. I have to think upon this. Nice work. I wonder if an Osiris reference is being made right before our eyes, should be 9 points but only 8 as a handicap; why?
edit on 7-12-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

Originally posted by SisyphusRide
excellent!

do what do the words say in the text in middle of the first image, the oldest one?

The inscription in the middle reads as follows…

"I Shmuel ben Ya'akov wrote and pointed and transmitted this manuscript for the honour of our blessed teacher hacohen, ben Yosef hayeduah, ben Azdak, may the Living One bless him."

You can also check out verses, which were used to make up the stars, at the following link

- JC

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Taken from left to right, letters could possible form INRI, which is acronym for the Latin phrase “igne natura renovatur integra” which means “Through fire, nature is reborn whole”

Hey I definitely like your interpretation better.

The entire thread a great read.

S&F.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

ok thanks...

I did find the text online at Archives.org - OpenLibrary the book is simply beautiful, I am skimming thru it now.

bug you a little more for what might be a stupid question but just in case so I don't have to go looking around... do you know what the character or script is for the letter with the sweeping up motion?

it almost appears to be pointing to the text above... its such a prominent sweep it makes the gap in between the sentences which are written.

this text is from right to left correct? not up or down or anything eh?

edit on 7-12-2013 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
at any rate, it doesn't make sense... this book should be written with the binding to the right.

the texts doesn't flow properly, my right hemisphere is rejecting it...

most of it is in the format of three columns per page being read right to left and from top to bottom.

it should start at the rear of what I would consider a book format, I don't have to be able to read the text...

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

this text is from right to left correct? not up or down or anything eh?

Yeah correct, Hebrew is written from right to left…

bug you a little more for what might be a stupid question but just in case so I don't have to go looking around... do you know what the character or script is for the letter with the sweeping up motion?

Unfortunately I only know I few Hebrew symbols/letters and I don’t recognize, what that sweeping one is….

it almost appears to be point to the text above... its such a prominent sweep it makes the gap in between the sentences which are written.

Yeah, it does appear to point…I’m guessing it has to be connected to the first part of the sentence…

“I Shmuel ben Ya'akov”,

…possibly the “Shmuel” part…

- JC

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   

ok I'll figure it out... thanks again.

not only should the binding be to the right, columns 1 and 3 should be transposed imo.

1 - 2 - 3
3 - 2 - 1

the central column remains unchanged...

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

Originally posted by Vethumanbeing
The 'star of david' is a 2d representation of the 'merkaba' vehicle 6 points.

Im having a problem with only 8 points shown visible in the Solomon or Melchisedek 2d form.

If you were to understand the triangle as a 3d aspect (not pyramidal with 4 bottom base corners) oops that may explain the four corners outside your moniker edges;

spin the 3 dimensional triangle in opposite directions you manifest a 'vehicle' to take your conciousness into the other world, in some cases your body if you were of the lighter frequencies (which is the point).

The body represents itself with another 3 points that is/are in stasis, not moving in the middle of the spinning vortecies.

There should be 9 points of reference 2 dimensionally, 3, 3 and 3.

Why only eight with a dim reference to 4 others? In truth this image should hold NINE 2d points (as to the star) as a CERTAINTY. I have to think upon this. Nice work. I wonder if an Osiris reference is being made right before our eyes.

You mean like this…

Hmmm I see the dilemma, but aren’t there only 8 points of the Merkaba vehicle…instead of 9…?

I can’t seem to find any 3D versions of the Seal of Melchizedek…

I’m trying too imagine the Six pointed Merkaba 3D vehicle, overlade, by a 3D version of the Seal of Melchizedek, to see what that would produce…

Tricky to visualize…

- JC

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

SisyphusRide
at any rate, it doesn't make sense... this book should be written with the binding to the right.

the texts doesn't flow properly, my right hemisphere is rejecting it...

most of it is in the format of three columns per page being read right to left and from top to bottom.

it should start at the rear of what I would consider a book format, I don't have to be able to read the text...

This looks at first glance to be a mirror image backwards.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
it should start in the top right (green) and end in the bottom left (red)

I'm moving on to the imagery

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Joecroft

You mean like this…

Hmmm I see the dilemma, but aren’t there only 8 points of the Merkaba vehicle…instead of 9…?

I can’t seem to find any 3D versions of the Seal of Melchizedek…

I’m trying to imagine the Six pointed Merkaba 3D vehicle, overlade, by a 3D version of the Seal of Melchizedek, to see what that would produce…

Tricky to visualize

You cant see the nine points of reference in this depiction? look within the space the human body cavity encompasses (smaller triangular shape) force comes through the crown chakra, see the notation of exploding heart force (soul) and the designation of the genital region by way of a LINE DRAWN to designate male vehicle within this triangle points its apex backwards, female forwards.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   

If I were in charge; that standard/flag would have 9 points of reference instead of 6. The corners would represent the pyramidal 4 cornered BASE stucture referencing something completely different; the Pyramid, the built edifice example of sacred geometry in its purity; the idealic would be the triangle in motion representing spirit transmuting into a higher form of frequency/light/enlightenment. Id go with the Lion of all other considerations (King Richard III) a steathy Lion/dragon image combined; nested in a sacred geometrical context. Oh that would be confined or described within the rectangular FLAG shape on a pole (somewhere within some time period).

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

beginning
above
right

left
below
end

or if you're Catholic and like to discriminate against lefties, then (Good & Evil) (Right & Left)

it would appear they didn't want the book to end to the left? but if they were that concerned about it they would have put the binding at the bottom and written the text from the bottom to the top.

it would have saved us lefty's a bunch of hassle and ruler cracks to the knuckles during our attempted forced conversion.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
short people could have been evil and tall people could have been right...

I must have hit quote during edit, so I'll include my addition above in this dbl post.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   

You cant see the nine points of reference in this depiction? look within the space the human body cavity encompasses (smaller triangular shape) force comes through the crown chakra, see the notation of exploding heart force (soul) and the designation of the genital region by way of a LINE DRAWN to designate male vehicle within this triangle points its apex backwards, female forwards.

Ok, so the smaller inner triangle is the 9th point.

If you were to understand the triangle as a 3d aspect (not pyramidal with 4 bottom base corners) oops that may explain the four corners outside your moniker edges;

I’m just thinking that with the 3d Merkaba version of Solomon’s seal with the 4 bottom base corners, that would produce 10 points, plus the one in the middle, would equal 11 points, Which seems to be a key number…

There should be 9 points of reference 2 dimensionally, 3, 3 and 3.

What do think about a possible 3D Merkaba vehicle of the Seal of Melchizedek…?

I’m guessing that would be 4, 4, 4 and 4. Which would give a number of 16 points, plus a possible square in the middle, would make it 17 points in total…

The Masons seem to like those prime numbers…

Interestingly 17+9 = 26. 26 letters in the Alpha bet. Could be a sacred geometry connection tied to the letters.

And also 17-9 = 8

Edit to add – I’ve just realized that the Masonic Lodge image of Solomon's Seal, in Edinburgh; has 26 symbols on it. Not including the letter G in the middle, which stands for God.

3 of those 26 symbols are numbers (3, 8 and 9) But still there are 26 in total, and the Merkaba vehicles of both Solomon's Seal and Melchizedek Seal, both add up to 26 points in total.

Coincidence hmmmm…

- JC

- JC

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join