It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any medical professionals here?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
So, for years and years know, when eating certain foods I get these odd little bumps on my soft pallete in the top/back of my mouth. When I get these bumps I also get a large production of that super thick, stringy clear mucous in the back of my throat. This has been going on for years, and I've had oral STD tests done within the time period this happened, so it's not an STD. It's not really painful, maybe a bit irritated, but nothing too bad.

The odd part, if I take a paper towel or something, and rub it on those bumps a few times they go away. As if I'm squishing the bumps back into my soft pallet.... and again I notice the thick mucous production there.

The mucous production isn't abnormal as your mouth secrets different types of liquids other than the thin water-like saliva that gets secreted from underneath your tongue. But it's odd that the mucous production seems ramped up when these bumps appear. And it's odd I can simply get rid of these bumps by rubbing them with a towel or something.

I'm thinking maybe some very mild food allergy? I made this post right now as it just happened to me after eating mashed potatoes, stuffing, and red cabbage with vinegar. The vinegar might be the culprit here, as I seem to remember it gets brought on by tart/sour type things.

Any ideas? No doctor talk please, I'm completely unworried, just a little curious, not worth hundreds of dollars for something that evidently isn't getting worse or hurting me in any way.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by James1982

You shouldn't come to ATS seeking medical advice. Go see a doctor.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I'm not a doctor, but it sounds to me like you're irritating your taste buds with food that has a high alkaline base......you should keep a food journal and log when it happens vs what you eat. ... It sounds like if it only happens when to eat, then it's a food born problem. Either allergy, or irritating your taste buds.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
gargel with plenty whiskey that will sort it and that will be $350.00 please sir .

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Hmm..

What happens if you squeeze your penis?

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Dont take medical advice on here, EVER!

Go to your doctor.

My opinion may be a yeast infection.

But get it checked out NOW

new topics

top topics