It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Angel of 9/11 at memorial site

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   

www.nbcnews.com...

Very haunting but surreal image etched/blasted/burnt in a steel beam from the world trade center. I bet as the people pass, things suddenly get deafly quiet as they gaze upon her face. GOOD LORD.

edit on 2-9-2010 by SPYvsSPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   

SPYvsSPY
Very haunting but surreal image etched in a steel beam from the world trade center.

Not seeing it.
Can you point out this "etching"?

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Right hand panel, half way up, slightly to the right of center.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   

alfa1

SPYvsSPY
Very haunting but surreal image etched in a steel beam from the world trade center.

Not seeing it.
Can you point out this "etching"?

Here you go:

ETA: Haha, too slow! Pirates! red oval is much better than mine, too. *sigh*
edit on 12/3/13 by BuzzCory because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I have always thought that "signs" are meant for those who see them. It doesn't matter what makes the face appear IMO. Even if people claim it's just your eyes playing tricks on you...well, I can not begrudge anyone any comfort they may receive from looking at this. It doesn't harm anybody in the meantime. There may be a scientific explanation for it but that doesn't mean that it is not a comfort to some.

Interesting regardless.

edit on 12/3/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Good grief!!
That hidous thing thing should be in a Wes Craven movie.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I'm a bit skeptical of this sort of thing. Particularly when the face seems to be made up of different pieces (for example, the 'nose' seems to be a separate piece of metal over the 'face' part). This means it is not a full 'image' burnt into the sculpture, as it's really only visible from one distinct angle where everything lines up.

Seems like another piece of pareidolia...?

Regards,
Rewey

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   

alfa1

Good grief!!
That hidous thing thing should be in a Wes Craven movie.
Walk past with a group of New Yorkers and say those words!

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   
are there still people who claim to be christian, own a bible, yet still believe dead people become angels?
because the bible was pretty specific on what angels were. not people.

not to mention why couldnt it just be a face, whats so angel'y about it...

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Bisman
are there still people who claim to be christian, own a bible, yet still believe dead people become angels?
because the bible was pretty specific on what angels were. not people.

not to mention why couldnt it just be a face, whats so angel'y about it...
Enlighten everyone with your vast knowledge of the scriptures. I admit I'm a bit rusty.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
well i wouldnt call it vast since i had to look up the actual scriptures. but i did remember discussing these verses in a bible study class when i was a kid.

christianity.about.com...
(the verses are all there, im not gonna paste a ton of stuff here)

the bible does actually get incredibly specific about what angels are and what they are meant for. and what they look like.
specific heavenly "creatures" made for god by god. most of them's only purpose is to praise and sing to him all day in heaven. and others have purposes of being messengers. though in scripture, all messages have been given verbally. modern Christians have just taken it upon themselves to look for them in inanimate objects as signs. even though by specific purpose, god wouldn't be doing that as he could give signs without angels... as angels were for verbal interactions.

scripture also details the names for the different types of angels. describing them by how many wings they have, and the locations on their body of those wings.

i kind of cringe when in modern culture, and modern Christians refer to angels as dead people.
like read your damn holy book. "JESUS"
edit on 3-12-2013 by Bisman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Bisman:
well i wouldnt call it vast since i had to look up the actual scriptures. but i did remember discussing these verses in a bible study class when i was a kid.

christianity.about.com...
(the verses are all there, im not gonna paste a ton of stuff here)

SPYvsSPY: My father told me a verse when I was a child " Shut up shuttin' up"

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Carl Sagan hypothesized that as a survival technique, human beings are "hard-wired" from birth to identify the human face. This allows people to use only minimal details to recognize faces from a distance and in poor visibility but can also lead them to interpret random images or patterns of light and shade as being faces.[14] The evolutionary advantages of being able to discern friend from foe with split-second accuracy are numerous; prehistoric (and even modern) men and women who accidentally identify an enemy as a friend could face deadly consequences for this mistake. This is only one among many evolutionary pressures responsible for the development of the facial recognition capability of modern humans.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   
" Shut up shuttin' up"

lol that brings back memories. some old cartoon i think that line came from.

yeah im not trying to be a buzzkill and ruin a topic with my annoying logic. im not that kinda debunker.

but whenever religion is involved i have this sick feeling like i need to say something. people look so very hard in hope of finding things when they should just keep their eyes open in CASE something is trying to be found.
but when you have enough faith, and you want to find something hard enough, you will find ANYTHING to please that notion. and be easily fooled.
i mean isnt this the warning about the anti christ fooling christians as well? i would think modern christians would be a little more aware of what they are grasping to, especially when they were already warned that this behavior will lead all of mankind into hell on earth. :

but the average christian has never looked in the bible. be it details about angels, or false idols.
edit on 3-12-2013 by Bisman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I see nothing Angelic about it,
To me it looks angry and demonic
edit on 3/12/2013 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   

IkNOwSTuff
To me its look angry and demonic
True,, and I would be too if I ended my life this way..

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   

bally001

IkNOwSTuff
Well you can end your life anyway you choose, I don't believe those souls chose too.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   

SPYvsSPY

bally001

IkNOwSTuff
Well you can end your life anyway you choose, I don't believe those souls chose too.
I totally agree Spy man.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join