It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New info on GOCE picture possible HOAX

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
OK does anybody remember the GOCE Satellite falling around 9-10-11 of November

www.bbc.co.uk...

Ok big debate on FaceBook about being a Hoax and why
FaceBook post on GOCE
Somebody pointed out that the trajectory line look more like the
Edge of a haft open car window Picture above

They are all looking for a higher resolution photo to analyze
I Google it and only can back with the one above
TinEye.com come back blank.

So are you guy up for a good run on this picture
Would really help to prove that he did a Hoax on this on
If you can go read the FaceBook Posting that ongoing
There is so many thing wrong with his story and way to long to all list here.

As I’m righting this this just came in

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Trillium

my first reaction is that is exactly what it looks like, the suns reflection off a car window......this is supposed to be an object re-entering the atmosphere?

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by pointr97

Yes it suppose to be the GOCE satellite

If you have facebook go to the link I gave

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
If this is the same Bill Chater, it's been almost a month since and he hasn't uploaded his video to FB
www.facebook.com...

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Way to go Leslie

Leslie Hayes I bet that is him. What are the chances? I went to his About page and saw he has joined only 6 groups and look what two are. So he is a photographer and just HAPPENED to be the only one who saw this and got a pic? RIGHT! This also pretty much means he has photo-editing tools and if he did what I think he did, it isn't hard. Plus he saved them in JPG and PNG as I showed above.

The original picture should be 1280 X 720 according to Leslie H
edit on 2-12-2013 by Trillium because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
If you zoom in on it it looks strange like possibly a Photoshop job. Right where the object is, there is a vertical line straight up where the pixels are changed fro the right side of where the line is. I saved it and just used windows preview to look at it and zoom in to the point of pixelation and you can see a definite vertical line going up from the object where to the left is definitely different from the right side of the picture. Of course, I am not a great Photoshop operator. It just looks suspicious to me.

ETA: I zoomed the original picture of the satellite and no vertical line going up from the satellite. Definitely a Photoshop job of the original.

edit on 3/12/13 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   

What's strange is, if it is a shop job of a half down car window, it seems like he would have erased part of the line so it didn't go all the way across.

Its a hoax. Because the line extends all the way in front of the object. I doubt anything smaller than it would have survived the atmosphere or broken off and traveled the same perfect trajectory. I believe it is a car window.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Satellites are not just tracked by NASA the Military or Corporations and Countries but some junkies who love numbers and spotting things...

So what would the purpose be of hoaxing the de-orbit of Goce (Gravity Field and Steady-State Ocean Circulation Explorer)? Although it had fuel to change it's orbit an amateur would have picked up a "New" satellite in that new orbit.

No someone claiming they snapped the photo for some sort of publicity yeah I can see that as a hoax...

new topics

top topics

join