It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Professor and Ex-CIA station Chief Michael Scheuer tells Congress: I'd Dump the Israelis Tomorrow

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
www.liveleak.com...

A rather intense discourse complete with a list of six reasons he believes causes most Islamist terrorist activity.

I'd disagree with a lot of what he says - as a bit myopic - but he raises a lot of solid points. Certainly entertaining to see the debate in any case. -Mags

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Insurrection

To what do you disagree ? I agree with his view 100% note that he makes a clear distinction for the motivators of armed uprising (terrorism) and simple distaste for US culture ("liberties").

Its hard to define the US as a free nation in face of existing inequalities and the simple number of imprisoned citizens or even criminal behavior (internationally censured). We also must understand that in the Islamic world "minorities" (sometimes are demographic majorities) only oppose the regimes if they do not drink the same Kool-aid (and most of them face violently suppression, and so are radicalized).

In the West there is no radicalization of religious groups beyond what is imported from outside due to stupid external policies (as he states) even if he recognizes that some policies are valid (for the interest of the US). Note the mentioning of China and Russia (their issues are particular).

He also asked that the US citizenry should be educated of the costs and reasons behind them, in place of being deceived and politically alienated from an intelligent debate on the actions that do exacerbate the problem.

PS: Why is the sound mono over a stereo encoding very annoying...

edit on 1-12-2013 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I agree with him only because there are only so many topics
you could have an advanced conversation in a politically
correct environment. In the few minutes I watched he kept
it all within the irrefutable realm.

He had to agree that the US's enemies attacked them first,
which is why they were at war in the first place. He couldn't
have said "well actually, it is still inconclusive who attacted
us and all the elements used to do so." So I respect the
lateral approach he took. Like 'Freedom' and 'Safety', 'Honesty'
also cannot be denied when the cost of life and stability is at stake.

My favorite line...

"It's my possition that it is none off your business who I talked to"

YES!

edit on 1-12-2013 by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I didn't see where to watch anything but I read it and would say our noses in the Middle East is hands down the cause of terrorism. Saudis Arabia chose our help instead of local aid from the likes of bin Laden as one of many examples, and we are associated with Israel since we have Americanized the place (or vise versa - not sure which but are for sure enmeshed).

The seething hate for westernized interference - by radicals who have been harmed (how they perceive it), by us will not pass quickly. Even if we pulled out all interests today it would take a generation for all threats to go away but at least it would cool things down. For someone to hate you they must first feel you have done them wrong. If we are not in their business they find cause elsewhere.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   

The guy is a moron, or trying to sell books. Has he written any books? It won't be long. I suppose Sunni vs Shiite conflicts are because of American Ideology. Blah blah blah quack quack, Alex Jones business model gearing up soon.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Some time ago, he questioned our support for israel and the toll its taken on America. Since then, the "dare not criticize" israel command structure in America went after him.

Instead of cowering and apologizing, he actually became more outspoken.

Comes across as very well spoken and educated. Am always interested in what he has to say.

edit on 1-12-2013 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   
i'd consider dumping Israel as a 'friend' and ally.

how many times have people been convicted in America for spying for Israel?

do allies treat each other that way?

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   

LiveLeak link already 404'd.

eta: link working, thanks for your courage in this time of dark oppression and media control censorship, extortion, and blackmail. They have your name, number, and political disposition. They don't forget. Until their water cooled computers suck dry the Colorado river, they will not let go of their tax fueled butterfly net. See you at FEMA camp.

# 101
edit on 2-12-2013 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   

TheWhiteKnight

LiveLeak link already 404'd.

What a shocker.

# 101

Still working for me:

www.liveleak.com...

Also on YouTube:

Cheers, -Mags

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
That is difficult to respond to for someone of my allegiances however the Professor has good point-a point that will be buried in the media and never see the light of day-that is the American people have been mislead as to the motivations of fatwas that decry jihad. I suppose that many don't have the time or forthwith to study these decrees as I do however a constant and motivational display in the media that don't reflect a positive side of Islam.

There are legitimate reasons as to why Imams issue these decrees. They feel their religion is in danger, and considering some of the western policymakers stated goals, they have a perfect right to fear for their religion and call for solders of God to defend it.

The western media is totally to blame for this unflattering description of Islam-as to who forced them into this position-I'll keep my feelings to myself on that.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Insurrection
www.liveleak.com...

A rather intense discourse complete with a list of six reasons he believes causes most Islamist terrorist activity.

I'd disagree with a lot of what he says - as a bit myopic - but he raises a lot of solid points. Certainly entertaining to see the debate in any case. -Mags
Wow! All I can say is wow! Someone actually had the balls to vocalize that which most everyone knows but is afraid to say aloud. It wasn't just the Israel thing, but his outline of American hegemony in the world as a primary motivating factor; a hegemony that supports totalitarian rulers who enslave and and keep a good portion of the Muslim population in destitution with unemployment levels reaching 30, 40 even 50%.

This was a direct attack on the military complex, but he didn't go so far as to say so, but he did hint at it by asking the the "costs" be explained to the American public. WoW! Would anyone be surprised if he ends up being heart attacked sometime soon?

Yes I wish there was more to that hearing we can see. Have to look for a link somewhere.
edit on 2-12-2013 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   

SasquatchHunter

The guy is a moron, or trying to sell books. Has he written any books? It won't be long. I suppose Sunni vs Shiite conflicts are because of American Ideology. Blah blah blah quack quack, Alex Jones business model gearing up soon.
You really have no idea on what he was speaking about, do you? Does the Sunni/Shia conflict have anything to do with US security in the homeland? Maybe you need to read more on the subject.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   

What has been the goal of Al-Qaeda since it was formed? To bankrupt the United States. Who's winning today sir? We're done like dinner...

Done like dinner... haha, this guy is awesome.

EDIT: to add this:

And it all shows that the real loser is ... you. It is the American people and their economy.

Transcript bin Ladin speech

edit on 2/12/2013 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
He is right. Israel and our support of Israel is far more a threat to America than Iran or any other Muslims country in the ME. We need to drop Israel like a bad habit.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

A good source would be the BBC documentary The Ottomans Europe's Muslim Emperors, it covers the "modern" schism of Sunni and Shia and how the antagonism was very early used as a for of instrumentalization of the conflict (as often conflicts are, to foment conflict as a way to control from the outside or as to justify ones actions).

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Seeing that American foreign policy has a habit of financing and propping up the dictators of the world, i.e. Egypt, Bahrain, Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia and who knows how many other countries. I always remember Bush when he said that they hate Americans because of their freedoms, lol. They're fighting against you because of all the crap the US and other western governments have done in their region of the world all in the name of so-called democracy for the past fifty to sixty years.
edit on 2-12-2013 by RedShirt73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I agree, what has Israel ever done for us? Besides getting us to fight their wars for them? We need to drop Israel and let them fend for themselves. I can bet they wouldn't be so gun-ho to go to war and bomb their neighbors all the time.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

spooky24
The western media is totally to blame for this unflattering description of Islam-as to who forced them into this position-I'll keep my feelings to myself on that.

Shame, I'd very much like to hear it.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Simple truth and facts people. Listen to what this man has to say. The war pigs must be getting nervous the people are waking up and waking up fast.

Don't get me wrong something is very wrong with the Muslim world. The moderates must take back what little credibility they have left. The west has to fight wars just to keep the economy going at this point. War is like the fast food industry we can not afford to lose the jobs.

Eisenhower was right. And history will remember it.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Panic2k11
reply to post by Bilk22

A good source would be the BBC documentary The Ottomans Europe's Muslim Emperors, it covers the "modern" schism of Sunni and Shia and how the antagonism was very early used as a for of instrumentalization of the conflict (as often conflicts are, to foment conflict as a way to control from the outside or as to justify ones actions).
Oh I don't doubt and as a matter of fact, fully understand the West pits one faction against another to create chaos, control and a need for intervention. Proxy wars do the same.

I'll try to take a look at the doc. Thanks

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join