It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here we go AGAIN!, "EU seeks 'ban on all currently available e-cigarettes'"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
"EU wants all electronic cigarettes removed from shop shelves because they 'normalise the action of smoking' "

The Telegraph

My heart goes out to all my fellow vapers across the pond,

It's only a matter of time before we start seeing this nonsense over here....

Please sign their petition Here

I'm stocking up "prepper" style just in case...

edit on 30-11-2013 by IrVulture because: Add petition link

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by IrVulture

Banning them from public places, I agree with that (I smoke the original ones). The e-cigs emit vapor and odor, not as much and heavy as a cigarette but it does. And I can understand nonsmokers that they might be disturbed by it. Banning them from the shop´s sounds like tobacco industry demanded that.

But on the other hand, some fragrance users (the heavy fragrancers
) are annoying too, I get headaches from it some times. Why not ban fragrances in public? Let´s do it!

(sarcasm!)
edit on 30-11-2013 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I am sorry but the black market gives them billions more monies than a legal stuff. After all, sales tax can only bring in so much. Bust them and the whole estate goes to the gov.

Bust a legal product and your stuck with a small fine.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

verschickter

) are annoying too, I get headaches from it some times. Why not ban fragrances in public? Let´s do it!

(sarcasm!)
edit on 30-11-2013 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

I'm with ya on the fragrance thing, Some of these ladies around here about choke me to death with their perfumes...

The ugly ones are usually the worst offenders.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by verschickter

the smell.. oh goodness.

No tar, no smoke, no carcinogenic burnt planet material.. we must BAN them in public. While we allow people to exercise their right to burn plant materials that have a plethora of added carcinogens.

This push to ban e-cigs is something that makes my blood boil. It's pushed by bought doctors and tobacco salesmen, no one else.

if the idiots who dont like the smell would be consistent then that sexy lady with a half bottle of $6 perfume should be illegal too. And the fat guy who stinks of cheese sausages. And the little kid whos parents just cannot tell has just soiled its nappy. And the people who refuse to shower. Or the dog lover who thinks scrappy stinks like flowers after a bath.

My god, the entire WORLD STINKS.

but e-cigs, why they are helping people get off burning plant materials, helping people get fit once more, helping people with an addiction to manage it in a more healthy way.

Bah, ban it, they should know better than to annoy me with their fancy smelling cancer...

it's absurd that people will accept it.. because apathy reigns. Toba$$o compannies don't want to see their grip on addiction loosened. A healthy smoker is a step closer to giving up..

it's as obvious as the cigarette hanging out of old joe nicotines' gob.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

You know the definition of sarcasm?
I mean, I even wrote it under the post

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

"EU wants all electronic cigarettes removed from shop shelves because they 'normalise the action of smoking' "

And what does smoking normalize? Are smokes being banned too?

SMH

People are morons. Not the legislators, the moronic idiots who allow them to shovel bird dung from their mouths, willingly accepting it.

Next up:

Herbal tea, a harmless drink, or predatory cocktail of drugs being sold to your children?

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

This push to ban e-cigs is something that makes my blood boil. It's pushed by bought doctors and tobacco salesmen, no one else.

I had a conversation with a pharmacist while ago. My ecig was dead and I was a few hours out of replacing it so I figured Id grab those mints with nicotine in them.

We started talking and he was telling me how ecigs are bad, "blah blah blah" because apparently they don't help you quit. Well, they don't need to help you quit quite frankly. They can be a very enjoyable replacement.

No matter how much gum, patches or mints I consumed in the past I always went back to cigs. On the other hand, esmokes, I have not felt one iota of an urge to take them back up.

This is the equivalent banning caffeine or pep pills cause it encourages people to inject coffee into their veins.

The pharmacist, has obviously only seen one crank study put out by the tobacco industry, or he simply read something online with nothing to back it. There are no studies on ecigs, they are too damn hard to control.

Main reason being that tobacco companies invested a load of money into their alternatives calling them "cessation aides" so they could be patented and licensed, etc. So for a chemical that costs $0.012 per dose, they are able to charge $1.

To admit ecigs are just another consumer product would wipe out everything they have done until now.
edit on 30-11-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
New warning on e-smokes tonight at 11.

It seems many children are buying a product call e-smokes, or electronic cigarettes since they are being marketing towards youth. While they seem harmless, they contain deadly pesticides and even have electrical charges which most kids are unaware of.

In 2 separate cases, children consumed the ecig device, and after lodging into the upper small intestine, these children died in the most horrific manner.

Widespread action is being demanded by legislators and consumer groups alike to protect our children.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

The EU beaurocrats are a bunch of over paid idiots. i mean, these are the people that wanted to ban curved banana's! Curved-freakin' banana's FFS. Ever seen a straight banana? Rarely.
And now the multi billion euro cigarette company's have handed out the fat brown envelopes to the crooked politicians.
"Too many people are giving up the cigarettes, ban those nasty electronic ones NOW"
I hate politicians and cigarette companies. Grrrrrrrr

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

verschickter

Banning them from public places, I agree with that (I smoke the original ones). The e-cigs emit vapor and odor, not as much and heavy as a cigarette but it does. And I can understand nonsmokers that they might be disturbed by it. Banning them from the shop´s sounds like tobacco industry demanded that.
I agree with that, and I smoke the real ones too

verschickter
Not sure if your just kidding? but what your talking about relieves pain, it doesnt cause it. But nuff said about that.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

boncho

It seems many children are buying a product call e-smokes, or electronic cigarettes since they are being marketing towards youth. While they seem harmless, they contain deadly pesticides and even have electrical charges which most kids are unaware of.

In 2 separate cases, children consumed the ecig device, and after lodging into the upper small intestine, these children died in the most horrific manner.

Widespread action is being demanded by legislators and consumer groups alike to protect our children.

They ate them!!!
Why? is it a new dr_g?

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
What a load of bull#. So it normalizes something that's legal? It's a less addictive, less harmful version of something that's legal? How can people be stupid enough to consider outlawing vaporizers? If anything they are saving lives. I know people who quit smoking cigarettes because of them. The tobacco companies, responsible for millions of slow, painful, early deaths, many of them before the public had knowledge about how harmful cigarettes are, are doing all they can to keep their monopolies.
edit on 30-11-2013 by ghostfacekilah00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

boncho

Is this a joke? There are a lot of things that would hurt or kill you if you ate them. Does that mean they should be illegal? Rat poison, a battery, a shard of glass, a razor, uncooked meat, one of those dishwashing soap pouches, any household cleaner, any pesticide or fertilizer, dirt, a nail, a piece of charcoal, a firework, a bullet, etc. All of these things should be illegal as well because a kid might eat them? LMFAO
edit on 30-11-2013 by ghostfacekilah00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ghostfacekilah00

Dear god, it's called spin.

If a kid ate an ecig, someone could post that on the news and say it was truthful. In fact nicotine is an insecticide, (so is caffeine), in fact, eating something not meant to be eaten may kill you.

I am trying to point out absurd logic by fear mongers.

And as you pointed out, it's not a good idea to eat fireworks.

Cheers.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

boncho

If a kid ate an ecig, someone could post that on the news and say it was truthful. In fact nicotine is an insecticide, (so is caffeine), in fact, eating something not meant to be eaten may kill you.

I am trying to point out absurd logic by fear mongers.

And as you pointed out, it's not a good idea to eat fireworks.

Cheers.

Haha I know what spin is. Just trying to shed a little more light on how ridiculous the establishment can be when they're trying to get their way.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   

verschickter

You know the definition of sarcasm?
I mean, I even wrote it under the post

What are you on about now you nose nazi 111!!

Lol you should be aware that I attach rants to the most perplexing of places. Your post was a good spot, didnt mean to appear in negative response to your post, but in support of it.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   

boncho

Lol down here, spin is what we call baccy that gets mixed into that other thing oO

Ahh you know there have been cases of kids munching on mum smokes and ending up in hospital.

Dont joke or touch lots of wood.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
i use glycerin in them to fill them up instead and it works well but the firms are stopping the refillable ones to extract more money .

i do not ever remember voting for any of this it is like saying ban all health food

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Interesting.. I smoked for many years. Moved to a vapouriser. Can't complain. Use it much the same way as I did tobacco cigarettes. In private and not in other peoples faces. I am now much fitter, sleep better and feel a lot more happier.

Sadly if they are banned I'd consider the reasons are not for health but for profit. Seems nowadays, as an addict to tobacco as I was I can't do a thing right. Ohhh and perhaps they should ban free Methadone and maybe even free syringes. ( I don't do those type of drugs)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join