It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama doubles down on immigration reform

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Obama doubles down on immigration reform

During a token policy appearance Monday in San Francisco, President Obama railed against Republicans for standing in the way of his 'comprehensive' immigration reform plans that would extend an amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants.

'It is long past time to reform an immigration system that doesn't serve America as well as it should,' he told a crowd estimated at 600. 'We could be doing so much more to unleash America's potential.'

President Obama stated that immigration reform in the US is needed because:

Reform is 'the smart thing to do' economically
    It 'would boost our economy and shrink our deficits.'

He also say's (surprise... )

'The only thing standing in our way right now,' Obama said, 'is the unwillingness of certain Republicans in congress to catch up with the rest of the country.

Deputy White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest said 'The only thing that’s blocking that right now is not one party, it’s one faction of one party.' He complained of 'significant consequences for our economy' if an immigration reform bill does not reach the president's desk.

... It's the Tea Party's fault. Well if that's true all I have to say is "Thank You!"

That said I'm more interested about why this is supposedly so economically good for Americans. Note I didn't say for the US as to me that means the government and the corporate handlers and lobbyists.

How exactly is legalizing 11-30 million illegal aliens going to help Americans? Half of our college grads are under or unemployed. Legalizing more workers at the lower pay / job scale cannot possibly be good for the non-college educated Americans who are struggling worse than ever before.

To top this off it's coming from the guy who's promises (If you like your healthcare... ) doesn't have much (if any) validity at this point. Add to this the "We have to pass it to know what's in it" democrats also pushing for amnesty and the agenda's of corporate CEO's I don't see how anyone can believe this is a good idea.

Quite frankly at this point I simply don't believe a word Obama or the democrats saying. For the record I don't believe the republicans who say this is a good idea either. How could anyone?
edit on 010pm1313pm52013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
How dare those nasty Republican nutters stand in the way of Emperor Obama's decree!

What a tool.

edit on 2013/11/25 by Metallicus because: sp

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

The Emperor only had an adoring crowd of approx 600???

Oh my, how the mighty have fallen.....does make me wonder how many of those were bussed in...

Des

edit on 25-11-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Guess I'm wondering, have they discovered some new and previously unknown method of mathematics to convince themselves this is actually true? Or is it just more of the same, if the pols repeat a lie enough times we citizens are eventually supposed to believe it.

I guess it's the latter though it would be nice to see some factual justification for amnesty if there is any. (Which I kinda doubt.)

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Metallicus
How dare those nasty Republican nutters stand in the way of Emperor Obama's decree!

What a tool.

edit on 2013/11/25 by Metallicus because: sp

You know as well as the rest of us here the First Chance The Dictator In Chief gets he'll
use an Executive Order, because he knows whats best for the Little People,,,,, the Serfs of his Kingdom.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
It's amazing how people are jumping for joy to get more voters to help keep wages low. HELLO !!!

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

I guess it isn't illegal anymore to break into someones home, eat their food, spend their money, use their property.

YAY!

Amnesty for me!

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

beezzer
reply to post by Bassago

I guess it isn't illegal anymore to break into someones home, eat their food, spend their money, use their property.

YAY!

Amnesty for me!

That's right Beez...what's yours is mine. What's mine is yours. What's ours is theirs....as we all swirl down the drain together....YAY!

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Somebody might want to tell our current dictator his approval numbers have gone down faster than a drunk prom date in the last month, that members of his own party are distancing themselves from not only his policies but him in general out fear of their constituents backlash for the worst piece of legislation in American history that was passed on nothing but greed and lies.

Somebody may also want to let him in on the fact that not only do Americans despise him but he is the laughing stock of the political world abroad, the world leaders that don't find him comically inept hate him for spitting on their sovereignty and then claiming he knew nothing about it.

Please also further explain that his administration is criminal in the most literal sense and that his active attorney general is still in criminal and civil contempt of the US Congress for actions on his part done to cover up treasonous orders and actions. Drop him a dime that the NSA spying is illegal regardless of the "patriot act" because it clearly and egregiously violates the 4th Amendment of the United States.

Let him know that secret courts are only for NAZI's and only dictators draft laws such as the NDAA. Further even more, let him know that creating a domestic military through the DHS doesn't mean he is at liberty to declare war on the American people while he openly funds Al-Qaeda in Libya and backs the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt.

Thanks
edit on 25-11-2013 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

“I think Barack knew that he had God-given talents that were extraordinary. He knows exactly how smart he is. … He knows how perceptive he is. He knows what a good reader of people he is. And he knows that he has the ability — the extraordinary, uncanny ability — to take a thousand different perspectives, digest them and make sense out of them, and I think that he has never really been challenged intellectually. … So what I sensed in him was not just a restless spirit but somebody with such extraordinary talents that had to be really taxed in order for him to be happy. … He’s been bored to death his whole life. He’s just too talented to do what ordinary people do.”

-Valarie Jarrett

If you want to know how Obama thinks, this may provide some illumination.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I know exactly how he thinks, I've read "Mein Kampf".

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Just for fun:

I'd like to see ICE take a few thousand illegal immigrants, and instead of deporting them, put them in trailers around the perimeter of Area 51. Pipe in some water, wire up some electricity, and tell them that if they can stay there for one year they will get citizenship.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by VictorVonDoom

Not sure I understand.

If the gov put me up at area 51 in a trailer with water and power I'd love it. Just need to bring a laptop and binoculars. Also a ghillie suit for when I try sneaking in.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   
post by Bassago

'The only thing that’s blocking that right now is not one party, it’s one faction of one party.' He complained of 'significant consequences for our economy' if an immigration reform bill does not reach the president's desk.

www.dailymail.co.uk... .html

... It's the Tea Party's fault. Well if that's true all I have to say is "Thank You!"

So Very True My Friend, The Fear What The Rest Of us Want, Truth, Freedom, Jobs and the Right To Live Our Own Life!

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

I think if a few hundred people were lurking around Area 51, then suddenly the government would start caring about people sneaking across borders. I don't think they would be talking about amnesty for anyone crossing into Area 51. Why can't we have the same border security at our national borders as we do at places like Area 51?

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

The only entities that I see this helping are the Democratic voting base and the corporations trying to increase the supply of labor in order to keep the cost of labor down. I really don't see how this is supposed to help the economy at all or any existing Americans.

Not to mention this immigration reform hits kind of close to home. I have a friend at work who is Chinese and here under a work visa. He has been trying to become nationalized the legal way for YEARS and has found that for a Chinese person, one has to wait 9+ years to get nationalized. Meanwhile these people who hopped the border illegally are getting a free pass. This is such a slap in the face towards people like my friend.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
It would be a strategically sensible move for Obama to legalize illegals because it would extend Democrats voter base, regardless of whether it helps America or not.
edit on 26-11-2013 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I am still confused as to how this even helps the Democrats in gaining votes. If you suddenly make a huge voting block legal citizens, then they can legally vote. But they can also legally run for office.

For example, twice the US has asked the Philippines to become a state in the past. Had they accepted statehood, they would have more seats in the House than any other state and it would be impossible to win the presidency without winning there due to the Electoral College.

Now if you a have voting block that represents about 20%-25% of the population, that votes almost religiously, you think that you are going to retain that WASP-y, Blue Blood East Coast Democrat like John Kerry? Consider also that illegal immigrants has dispersed themselves all over the country. They are not concentrated in just a few states, but they have established small communities here and there and are a percentage of every city of 20,000 or greater population.

Amnesty will change the political landscape, but not the way the current Democrats think it will.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

All I see here is Obama playing the blame game. And last I checked, it's him and his cronies that need to "catch up with the rest of America".

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

I am still confused as to how this even helps the Democrats in gaining votes. If you suddenly make a huge voting block legal citizens, then they can legally vote. But they can also legally run for office.

Now if you a have voting block that represents about 20%-25% of the population, that votes almost religiously, you think that you are going to retain that WASP-y, Blue Blood East Coast Democrat like John Kerry?

Amnesty will change the political landscape, but not the way the current Democrats think it will.

In the long run I think you are correct, possibly the political landscape would become so different in the future after amnesty on this scale we'd barely recognize it. That however will take years to happen IMO.

For now (and maybe the next 10+ years) if amnesty passes the dems will have succeeded in enhancing their voting block giving them almost certain victories across the board. Maybe I'm wrong but I believe that's good enough for them, they haven't struck me as long range planners lately. The quick vote now and they'll worry about tomorrow when it comes.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join