It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dems imitate Romney care even though it is a FAIL

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Yes, I meant to post in this forum because it is a social issue.

How did Obama miss this (indirectly of course)? From March 2012, and the dems STILL want to lay claim to imitating it?

This from 2009, 3 years after it’s initiation:

www.healthleadersmedia.com...
Study: Massachusetts Health Reform is a Failed Model

Les Masterson, for HealthLeaders Media, February 19, 2009

The single-payer healthcare system was once the reform flavor of the moment, but it has been largely pushed to the rear and replaced by talk of a public insurance option and individual mandate.

Massachusetts' healthcare reform, which included an individual mandate that required residents to purchase insurance, has increased coverage, but critics charge that the plan has not decreased costs or improved access to care.

In a study released Wednesday, two organizations say the Massachusetts health system is a failure and national policymakers should not look to that model as a possible solution. Instead, they propose a single-payer "Medicare for all" system as a better alternative.

And here from April 2013-04-17:

thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com...
April 17, 2013, 6:23 pm

Misconceptions Could Lead to Health Law ‘Train Wreck,’ Baucus Warns

A routine Senate budget hearing turned into a public scolding as a prominent backer of the health care overhaul warned that a lack of public information could cause a “train wreck” as the law’s implementation moves forward.

Senator Max Baucus, Democrat of Montana and chairman of the Senate Finance Committee, grilled the health and human services secretary, Kathleen Sebelius, during a hearing on Wednesday about the administration’s plans to educate the public about benefits. With the enrollment period for insurance exchanges set to begin Oct. 1, Mr. Baucus said that citizens, especially small businesses, had “no idea what to do.”

He said he gave a “failing grade” to the administration’s public information efforts.

“I’m concerned that lack of clear information is leading to misconceptions and misinformation, and people generally dislike what they don’t understand,” Mr. Baucus said, citing a March poll by the Kaiser Family Foundation showing that high proportions of Americans had misconceptions about the law’s provisions.

The Kaiser poll showed that 40 percent of respondents believe erroneously that the law creates a government panel to make end-of-life decisions for Medicare recipients, and that 57 percent think it includes a public insurance option.

How in world could Obama miss these? And yet Mr. Baucus STILL supports it. I don't get it.
edit on 22-11-2013 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

edit on Fri Nov 22 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: SOURCES and TAGS added, trimmed quotes. IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I don't know who these authors are or where the source comes from.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by StoutBroux

I have relatives who live in Massachusetts and they are very happy with their health care. Maybe you have a problem with whatever the President and the Dems do?

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by MOMof3

Sorry bout that.

thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com...

www.healthleadersmedia.com...

I will provide the actual study sites if I can get them.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
It may have started as something like Romneycare in 2009, before it went through multiple grinders of "political compromise" in Congress. It became something even Pelosi made jokes about passing before reading while Congress people from both parties all but openly laughed (and a few DID) about even reading the whole thing at all.

If the nation had gotten Romneycare, it wouldn't have been my cup of tea, but I'd sure have had some health care while being unhappy about it. What we got in the end not only leaves me without health care, but without the buck to buy the cup of tea with, either.

join