It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: FBI Video Shows Al Qaeda in Kentucky Handling Heavy Weapons

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   

An al Qaeda-linked terrorist, who was resettled in the U.S. as an Iraq War refugee after allegedly killing American soldiers, was caught on camera in Kentucky handling heavy weapons that the FBI said he believed would be sent to insurgents back in Iraq.

The 2010 video, obtained exclusively by ABC News, was part of a broader ABC News investigation into the flawed refugee vetting program, which officials said may have let “dozens” of terrorists into the country.

Exclusive: FBI Video Shows Al Qaeda in Kentucky Handling Heavy Weapons

Is this a sign that we need to remember to be scared and maybe an attack will happen soon?? What I dont get is if these guys are real and known, why are they still walking the streets? I mean you got them on video so its obvious you can get to them...

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Wiz4769

The video is from 2010. Apparently it was a sting operation, and they have already been arrested since then.

As per your link.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Golly Gee.... Maybe resettling every gomer with a hard luck story out of a war zone isn't such a hot idea after all? I know it must come as an earth shattering shock to some of the bleeding heart types ..but not EVERY refugee is legitimate and not EVERY asylum seeker has good intent or pure motives.

Imagine that... We're handing our residency like it's a boobie prize on the carnival midway, among a population over there that is literally killing and dying over grudges born hundreds of years before our nation even existed ..and we should be shocked some enemy fighters saw opportunity in our ignorance?

Well, we made our bed now....time to get comfy. We invited them here. We probably supplied the literal transport in enough cases ..and the SAME thing was done in 1991 for any Iraqis who could offer up enough intel to pay their way here. It's crazy crazy policy ..and it gets us terrorist scumbags in Kentucky. (sigh)

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Dustytoad
reply to post by Wiz4769

The video is from 2010. Apparently it was a sting operation, and they have already been arrested since then.

As per your link.

Im talking about the supposed "Dozens" of others.

Its obvious that they did not totally trust alot of these guys to begin with, so why let them come in the first place? I still think this is meant to remind us we are never safe and the billions of dollars spent on militarizing the police and other agencies is about this and not about the possibility of using it on we the people.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Dustytoad
reply to post by Wiz4769

As per your link.

As said in the link....
It is a continuation of the ABC News story about how poor vetting of refugees (by the Federal Government... under President Obama) has allowed al Qaeda to enter our country.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Wiz4769

You said

"I mean you got them on video so its obvious you can get to them..."

They DID get them.

The dozens of terrorists they are talking about have nothing to do with anything on video. I bet they are all being watched IF... IF they exist.

But what you may be missing is that none of the other guys are terrorists until they prove who they are. The article is about the FBI investigating WHETHER there are dozens of terrorists in the USA.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

butcherguy

As said in the link....
It is a continuation of the ABC News story about how poor vetting of refugees (by the Federal Government... under President Obama) has allowed al Qaeda to enter our country.

The FBI is investigating whether or not more of these guys are al qaeda. Never said they were. They only know that if there are 2 there MAY be more.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

The dozens of terrorists they are talking about have nothing to do with anything on video. I bet they are all being watched IF... IF they exist.

You may want to check out the current regime's effectiveness in implementing the ACA.....
before you place any bets.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

butcherguy
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread983801/pg1#pid17228897]post by
You may want to check out the current regime's effectiveness in implementing the ACA.....

I place my bets on the FBI.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Dustytoad
reply to post by Wiz4769

You said

"I mean you got them on video so its obvious you can get to them..."

They DID get them.

But what you may be missing is that none of the other guys are terrorists until they prove who they are. The article is about the FBI investigating WHETHER there are dozens of terrorists in the USA.

The government is willing to say this:

"We are currently supporting dozens of current counter-terrorism investigations like that," FBI Agent Gregory Carl, director of the Terrorist Explosive Device Analytical Center (TEDAC), said in an ABC News interview to be broadcast tonight on ABC News' "World News with Diane Sawyer" and "Nightline". "I wouldn't be surprised if there were many more than that," said House Committee on Homeland Security Chairman Michael McCaul. "And these are trained terrorists in the art of bombmaking that are inside the United States; and quite frankly, from a homeland security perspective, that really concerns me."

To me, this says that there are probably thousands of them... and yes, al Qaeda.

You began by saying that this story is old... from 2010. Well, apparently ABC News saw it as important enough to cover now, look at the dateline on the article... it is from yesterday.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Dustytoad

butcherguy
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread983801/pg1#pid17228897]post by

They have a good track record with terrorists..... when it is a sting operation.

When it comes to real terrorists, like 9-11, Boston Marathon and Oklahoma City.... well, not so good.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   

butcherguy

Dustytoad

butcherguy

They have a good track record with terrorists..... when it is a sting operation.

When it comes to real terrorists, like 9-11, Boston Marathon and Oklahoma City.... well, not so good.

Of course they do. Most people don't want to be part of anything related to mass destruction in their own country (or at all, or anywhere for that matter). Arms dealers might have no qualms about dropping crates of AKs in Africa, but the old expression "don't poop where you eat" holds true. And contrary to popular belief there are no hollowed out volcanoes housing evil layers, nor is there many maniacal laughing CEOs petting their snake waiting to sell people like this weapons.

Chances are these two dummies had been asking around and obviously caught the attention of the authorities.
edit on 21-11-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Wiz4769

OH NO!!!
Now we are going to need double, maybe triple the "special" agents to protect us!
/sarcasm
Just trying to show the masses that we need them.
I say cut 95 percent of the alphabet agencies and make them do the job they were intended to do.
We have local cops to police the "dangerous" streets, the feds should only be there for their oversight, not ours.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Wiz4769

So in other words this video shows another failure coming from your government and the over raided and over pay Homeland of deception when it comes to how our tax payer dollars goes to finance the well being of refugees in this nation and the lack of background scrutiny, meanwhile spying on American civilians is a priority by the NSA.

Nothing but a video of failures, the government should be soo proud.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I'm still waiting for the FBI's compilation of Boston bombers dropping the bomb bags on video, I digress just a little.

So these two guys were under detention by Iraq authorities before they got to the US?

The FBI get fingerprints off of 'bombs' so can investigate retrospectively, well they may catch those guys by fingerprinting all refugees, but they ain't gonna catch the unknowns who may do something the future, as that is one line of investigation that is now fecked.
edit on 21-11-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Anything put out by the FBI is justifying their job and a case of entrapment set up by their agent provocateur.

Haven't they proven their "worth" to folks yet?

Derek

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
What am I missing here? It seems that people are complaining and talking about the FBI. Isn't the story that there may be hundreds, if not thousands, of militant Muslims within the United States, gathering the capability for massive acts of violence?

Yes, one of brilliant and sagacious posters brought up immigration problems, that's meaningful. But doesn't this story change anyone's thinking about the intention of at least some American Muslims? Or, shine a spotlight on our desire to be culturally sensitive?

Are we getting diverted from the problem to relative trivia?

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
A couple of points and a sidenote...

1. These guys were arrested 2 years ago. Bringing it up now seems like a reminder that we need constant and vigilant protection.

2. These guys were identified needle in a haystack style because their fingerprints were found on weaponry in Iraq. We should just fingerprint everybody to make things easier on the FBI, right? Maybe a little DNA while we're at it.

The sidenote...Western KY University students routinely interview these displaced Iraqis as part of class assignments. Wonder if any students thought to ask if they were terrorists? (No link. This is personal info).

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Doesn't matter much about THESE GUYS...

The point is, theyve proven it can be done, HAS in fact been done. I would think an important question at this juncture would be How many times has it already happened and is it still happening.

If you are confused at this point, let me explain that by "it" I mean terrorists, CIA trained or not, getting into our country, refugee or otherwise, and organizing into operative cells like the one in Kentucky a few years ago.

Whether done intentionally, or by incompetence, its inexcusable. I think it is intentional. "They" just want to say "see? The terrorists really are here. All this infringement on your rights is for a good reason. And if the mere presence of terrorists doesn't convince you, well, then...I'm sure we could arrange another tragedy for you...let's see...yeah, I think we can work that into our schedule. What's that? Oh, did I say "Another" tragedy? Hmmm, well yes, I suppose I did. And what exactly do You believe you can do about it? You have already been on a terror watchlist ever since you ordered the movie V on netflix and liked a comment on Facebook by someone who is a member of a wounded veterans facebook page, giving you two points on our terrorist profiling guide and qualifying you for the watchlist. You liked that persons comment, who is automatically on the list for being a member of a page for known terrorists, the veterans, so in effect, we already have you for communicating and or otherwise reaching out to a potential recruiter for a terrorist faction. Do you know how that's gonna look in the news? Your wife will no longer speak to you for the simple fact that she would also get tagged with communicating with a possible terrorist and her kids would be taken away and re educated until it could be proven she is not a terrorist, which could hinge on you being found to be a terrorist or not being.found to be a terrorist. And everyone knows it takes at least 5 years to truly know, after hundreds of tests and education sessions, to find out if you are safe to be reintegrated among society... Sometimes it takes 10 years or more. Your oldest could already have her license...or be married, by the time she sees or speaks to either one of her parents. And neither of your children will likely want to have anything to do with you other than a brief visit to explain to you that they want nothing to do with you. You see, the government re education schools teach them that you decided you did not want them anymore the minute you stepped out of line with the governments "suggested guidelines", and they are taught that their only parent they need is their government. After all, the government is who provided for them all these years.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   

butcherguy

As said in the link....

Aye but al-Qaeda have already been in the USA.

Not sure about current or sleeper cells, but I mean, there were certainly a few that flew into buildings over a decade ago... when a Republican government was in administration...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join