It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA Exit Portals, Are They Detention Pods?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
The upright, coffin like, exit portals are obviously for people exiting secure areas at airports, but with a twist. You enter, a green light shows and you wait until a red light appears. So for a short while, you are held captive. Many people thought maybe they were being xrayed. These new portals are touted as the latest in technology that allows airports to save on security personal.

But is there another cost involved that is being ignored? These people are being detained although not in the total sense. But is this perhaps another step in acclimating Americans to an ever increasing trampling of our liberties?

According to Karen De Coster, the pods are a way “to remind you that you are a captive” and are “meant to make you feel like a prisoner who cannot leave.”

TSA Rolls Out ‘Detention Pods’ at Airport Terminal Exits

edit on 18-11-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
What happens if the power goes out? Do you just end up stuck until they can restore power?

I can see these things becoming very annoying when I'm carrying a lot of luggage/carry-ons.

Maybe someday in the future some rich person will start building privately owned airports, and invite the major airlines. They could make the tickets more expensive, but the lack of TSA might be worth it to some people.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Afternoon,

If you think these things are bad at the airport?
Just wait till they start popping up at bus stations, movie theatres, schools, sporting events and shopping malls.
Who knows...maybe we'll even see "Random Detention Pod Checkpoints"?
I have no doubt they'll soon have those cancer causing terahertz scanners built into them.
Probably after another false flag or two.
The slow slide into tyranny is now accelerated to almost freefall speed.

-Peace be with you-
edit on 18-11-2013 by Eryiedes because: Typo

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I've seen this set up at places like Jewelry stores, and various high value having retail.

I'm against the invasions TSA does, but this seems sensible.

At Least when compared to things like Naked body scanners and prostate exams by minimum wage employees...

But than again isnt that the point? Desensitize us with major violations so we except the small invasions as normal...

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Somehow this reminds me of Gattaca ( a must see movie for every ATS member ). The only thing missing is a DNA needle checker.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

I thought the same thing, and on so many levels the world is already there.

It is inevitable that a one world governing system will be put in place....I just wonder how kind it will be....

Cheers!

I can't spell worth beans but I tell ya when the computer forces errors it really pisses me off...
edit on 18-11-2013 by Treespeaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I am wondering where they release "The Gas" and how the bottom opens to dispose of either the "Terrorists" or surplus populous?

Better hope it is never automated by a HAL system either...

edit on 18-11-2013 by abeverage because: of HAL...

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Eryiedes

I've seen the system used in banks... not a portal but a space not really a room at the entrance the concept is the same...

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Blimey,talk about paranoia over nothing.How is this any different to getting in a lift (elevator) which have been "capturing" many millions of people the world over for 100 years or more now?

If it looks like a door and has all the attributes associated with doors,then maybe it is nothing more than just an ordinary common-or-garden door.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Imagewerx
Blimey,talk about paranoia over nothing.How is this any different to getting in a lift (elevator) which have been "capturing" many millions of people the world over for 100 years or more now?

If it looks like a door and has all the attributes associated with doors,then maybe it is nothing more than just an ordinary common-or-garden door.

Yeah and what if they decide to keep you in there for whatever reason? You can't leave until they allow you to.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Imagewerx

Because there's a different purpose. What do you think the reason is? Why haven't someone stop in a little tube they can't get out of until its unlocked? Its because it doesn't open if thwy deem you suspicious or you match the description of a suspect.

They aren't turnstyles for a reason.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Are those TSA or Syracuse? Airports are not owned by the Federal Government typically....

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
But if you're not guilty of anything worthy of incarceration (as I would expect most people on here aren't),you've got nothing to worry about have you?

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Imagewerx
But if you're not guilty of anything worthy of incarceration (as I would expect most people on here aren't),you've got nothing to worry about have you?

I guess the same applies to stop and frisk also?

So if you are just standing there minding your own business, you can be detained in one of those coffin like devices? Wouldn't this be unlawful detention if you have been accused of no crime or read your Miranda rights?

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Referring to these exit portals as detention pods is a little far-fetched. It's sole purpose is to prevent people from attempting to back track and re-enter the terminal. Every major airport has a magic line that once you cross you can't return. This is simply a bit more high tech.

Much ado about nothing, in my opinion.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Thanks for this thread.

Ewwwwwwwwwwwww!

Tyranny by the module.

Incremental tyranny creeping aggressively across the landscape and into the intimate lives of citizens far and wide.

Tyranny in every color and variety imaginable.

Just remember . . .

"some pigs are more equal than others."

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by maria_stardust

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttttt

There's ABSOLUTELY NO conditioning going on.

There's NOTHING the LEAST bit bothersome about being in a cubicle about a person's size . . . wherein both entries and exits are locked until

. . . until . . .

your charming DHS/TSA gestapo decides that you smell kosher enough to the animal, tech and database bloodhounds . . . THEN . . . PERHAPS . . . you can go on your way . . . vs being transferred to a DIFFERENT detention module . . . perhaps on wheels . . . headed for a DIFFERENT detention . . . uhhhh cell . . .

Yup.

It's GOTTA BE TOTALLY innocuous . . .

the local liberal blatherers decree it so.

And we all know . . . given that they worship at the altar of the narcissist, pathological liar, DESTROYER IN CHIEF . . .

they simply HAVE to be telling THE TRUEST TRULY TRUE TRUTH!

/sarc

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by maria_stardust

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttttt

There's ABSOLUTELY NO conditioning going on.

There's NOTHING the LEAST bit bothersome about being in a cubicle about a person's size . . . wherein both entries and exits are locked until

. . . until . . .

your charming DHS/TSA gestapo decides that you smell kosher enough to the animal, tech and database bloodhounds . . . THEN . . . PERHAPS . . . you can go on your way . . . vs being transferred to a DIFFERENT detention module . . . perhaps on wheels . . . headed for a DIFFERENT detention . . . uhhhh cell . . .

Yup.

It's GOTTA BE TOTALLY innocuous . . .

the local liberal blatherers decree it so.

And we all know . . . given that they worship at the altar of the narcissist, pathological liar, DESTROYER IN CHIEF . . .

they simply HAVE to be telling THE TRUEST TRULY TRUE TRUTH!

/sarc

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

They're about as far removed from the concept of a coffin as I've ever seen.In this particular case they let you pass from airside to landside at an airport but not back again,this particular idea has been in force for 50/60 years or more but has needed men or women to stand at security gates and do it visually.This idea gives them more time to do other more important jobs because these DOORS (the correct technical term for them) can now be unmanned.

I asked this question earlier "How is this any different to getting in a lift (elevator) which have been "capturing" many millions of people the world over for 100 years or more now?" which no one has yet answered.And again this concept that seems to confuse a lot of people,if you're innocent then you really have nothing to fear do you?

For every innocent person frisked in the street they will also frisk someone carrying an offensive or dangerous weapon.I'd quite happily be frisked and then sent on my way if this procedure does anything to get rid of people carrying things they shouldn't be carrying.

edit on 19-11-2013 by Imagewerx because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   

maria_stardust
Referring to these exit portals as detention pods is a little far-fetched. It's sole purpose is to prevent people from attempting to back track and re-enter the terminal. Every major airport has a magic line that once you cross you can't return. This is simply a bit more high tech.

Much ado about nothing, in my opinion.

It's nice to see someone with some common sense on subjects like this who actually does spend some time out in the real world.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join