It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prosecute Healthcare.gov

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Morning,

It appears the private sector has weighed in on the ACA debacle and their saying what I've been saying all along. If it were a privately run business it would (and I quote):

"almost certainly run afoul of the Federal Trade Commission"

Why would that be you might ask?

President Obama’s oft-repeated falsehood, “If you like your plan, you can keep your plan” — something the administration knew was untrue — would almost certainly be a textbook case of deceptive advertising, punishable under Section 5 of the Federal Trade Commission Act, which prohibits “unfair or deceptive acts or practice in or affecting commerce.” This includes a “representation, omission or practice that is likely to mislead the consumer,” such that the consumer would be “likely to have chosen differently but for the deception.”

(Exerpt from article)

It also goes onto state that showing HC.gov visitors were quoted the wrong prices on policies offered by the exchange. This means a strike for "potentially deceptive practices".
(Love how they stop just short of calling Obama a criminal!)
Furthermore, the site contains a pricing feature that tends to “dramatically underestimate” the cost of insurance...and don't even get me started on Sebellius.
How that crusty old fossil avoids prison has to be one of the greatest escapes since Houdini.

When will the rest of the population catch on?
Are they so blinded by the cult of political personality that they'll turn a blind eye to the broomstick that's been broken off in their keisters?
Did they ACTUALLY think the ACA was free?
The hubris of the current political regime in America is staggering.
Sounds to me like it's high time to start handing out prison sentences like tic-tacs.

www.nationalreview.com...#!

-Peace-

edit on 18-11-2013 by Eryiedes because: Typo

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Eryiedes

Us laymen just call it "false-advertising", but I totally agree you.

Problem is the POTUS is not a corporation. Even if worse come to worse,
Obama could simply testify that he is/was a compulsive liar and in need
of sympathy and rehabilitation. God knows there is a mountain
of evidence to prove him right...

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by rival

Amazing isn't it? Impeachment can come to a President for a 100% consensual act with another adult, in private and without a single law broken. Clinton was impeached for it, too. He just wasn't convicted.

Obama can lie, outright and on a near daily basis to one topic or another. The very thing ONE instance proven against Bill Clinton got him impeached for ...and Obama gets a total and complete free ride and pass on everything he ever does.

It must be nice to operate so far above the law, its mere existence becomes a point of curiosity to the man.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000
reply to post by rival

Amazing isn't it? Impeachment can come to a President for a 100% consensual act with another adult, in private and without a single law broken. Clinton was impeached for it, too. He just wasn't convicted.

Obama can lie, outright and on a near daily basis to one topic or another. The very thing ONE instance proven against Bill Clinton got him impeached for ...and Obama gets a total and complete free ride and pass on everything he ever does.

It must be nice to operate so far above the law, its mere existence becomes a point of curiosity to the man.

I don't think Obama knows he is lying. He could just live in a state of delusion. All lawyers are taught to see things as other lawyers see it. We shouldn't allow people with law degrees to run our country.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
They know now they are in trouble. Few people are signing up and the false advertising thing will bite them in the behind like it did the Michigan lottery several years ago. Michigan said you didn't have to pay state taxes a few years later they changed their mind but lost at the SCOUTS because they said you didn't have to pay any

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
reply to post by rival

Its not lying if you don't know the facts. I'm convinced Obama is the equivalent of a 5-yr old boy, unaware that the world doesn't revolve around him. I not willing to say Obama came up with any of the ideas from the past 5 yrs, nor any laws passed since. Obama doesn't know SQUAT! He has his advisors/team/security that keep him in a bubble. He doesn't have "yes" men, HE is the "yes" man. Brainless, idiot, moron, dullard, simpleton. If it wasn't predetermined years ago that he would be president, he'd be cleaning toilets (no offense to any janitors out there).

No one in his administration wants him to speak. They want him on the golf course.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Didn't read the post. Just agree with the headline.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

rival

Us laymen just call it "false-advertising", but I totally agree you.

Problem is the POTUS is not a corporation. Even if worse come to worse,
Obama could simply testify that he is/was a compulsive liar and in need
of sympathy and rehabilitation. God knows there is a mountain
of evidence to prove him right...

I believe .gub is a corporation actually. Have a look at the definition.

a company or group of people authorized to act as a single entity (legally a person) and recognized as such in law.

Yes or no?

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

six67seven

Wrabbit2000
reply to post by rival

Its not lying if you don't know the facts. I'm convinced Obama is the equivalent of a 5-yr old boy, unaware that the world doesn't revolve around him. I not willing to say Obama came up with any of the ideas from the past 5 yrs, nor any laws passed since. Obama doesn't know SQUAT! He has his advisors/team/security that keep him in a bubble. He doesn't have "yes" men, HE is the "yes" man. Brainless, idiot, moron, dullard, simpleton. If it wasn't predetermined years ago that he would be president, he'd be cleaning toilets (no offense to any janitors out there).

No one in his administration wants him to speak. They want him on the golf course.

That is probably the best way of putting it!

You don't blame the dummy for the ventriloquist's lame jokes do you?!?

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
reply to post by rival

Just so's the facts are straight, Clinton was impeached for lying to a grand jury, not for the consensual act.

I agree Obama and leadership both in the Executive Branch and elected Congress all have lied many times, provably so and I continually scratch my head as to why they are able to get away with it untouched except in meaningless approval ratings.

In past no administration would get away with what this one does.

Maybe NSA has the goods on everyone so thoroughly lock stock and barrel making this administration feel omnipotent.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix

You're right and that's honestly my bad for short handing what Clinton was impeached for. I sometimes take it for granted that we all know the basic fact set on things like that when it's certainly not the case. The act itself only raised the questions, indeed. His response under oath is what got him impeached and cost him his Bar card, as I recall. (bad bunny...)

I'm really baffled myself as to what it will take. Apparently, when Congress doesn't care to act (or willingly cedes authority) and the Courts cannot act with initiative? The Administration has free reign and whatever they say the law is, is the law. It's NOT of course...but there is no effective difference when no one with authority cares to note it as an issue at all, eh?

I'm not sure how this all ends, given the 'rule of law' seems a matter of convenience.

CX

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I've said this for years, if any business promised something but failed to deliver, they'd be done under trade descriptions.

Why do politicians get away with it each time they promise lies during campaigns?

CX.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

CX
Why do politicians get away with it each time they promise lies during campaigns?

Simple.
Recent polls indicate the youth of America actually admire a liar who gets away with it than a moral person who doesn't.
They are too consumed by the faulty left vs right paradigm.
You honestly believe that if we didn't start throwing these clowns head first down a deep dark hole, that a LOT of these shenanigans would even be happening.
The establishment runs roughshod all over everyone and it knows as long as there's TV...as long as there's the police state...as long as there's the bad economy to distract everyone, it will be business as usual.
Why do politicians get away with lying?
Because the people let it happen.

"You get exactly as much tyranny as you are willing to tolerate."

-Peace-

edit on 18-11-2013 by Eryiedes because: Damn Typos

edit on 18-11-2013 by Eryiedes because: AAARGHHHHHHH

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I think there's two things at play as far as impeachment.

1. Obama's black, and an attempt at impeachment will be met with the obligatory race card, and nobody on the hill has the spine to withstand that.

2. Clinton's impeachment wasn't something that a lot of the public was behind, and I don't think that people want it now...at least not enough, if that makes sense? So add the lack of spine to the lack of popular support...

Just my .02

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

You are forgetting something. You need actual consumers to prosecute a false advertising claim. Didn't only 5 people sign up?

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Classic Fox guarding the Hen House,

FTC rules violated? yup! will the FTC do anything, I don't think so. Maybe someone could get a court hearing to order FTC to do something or better yet those in congress holding FTC purse strings but things will drag out until this goes out of limelight.

I'm thinking the whole thing should land right in its main prognosticators lap where it belongs.

Time to push Impeachment even if a conviction is not possible with a partisan Senate. The man lied, admitted it and saying sorry is not good enough for an oath taker who literally has ripped away millions of insured's private market policies by design. To top it off he then decides to make unconstitutional law by edict from White House which amounts to bare naked right in front of your eyes tyranny.

You know right after the so called apology he could have asked for swift action from congress to right the perceived wrong, HE DID NOT DO THAT, instead he went extra-constitutional knowing full well what he was doing. He has not one iota of respect for the rule of law nor our constitutional system and he well proved it by his very actions.

What is next people, what more is to come, how much will it take before enough is enough.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
If it is that the President Obama did indeed know about the massive problems and lied to the public to get them to support the AHC law, then it is a case of fraud.

But here is the problem, with all of the times he says I don't know, it makes you wonder, what all does the man know about what his administration is doing, and what all they are hiding from him.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   

BobM88
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I think there's two things at play as far as impeachment.

1. Obama's black, and an attempt at impeachment will be met with the obligatory race card, and nobody on the hill has the spine to withstand that.

2. Clinton's impeachment wasn't something that a lot of the public was behind, and I don't think that people want it now...at least not enough, if that makes sense? So add the lack of spine to the lack of popular support...

Just my .02

3. The senate is Democrat, unfortunately. Hopefully that will change, come 2014. If so, let the lawsuits begin!

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   

SourGrapes
3. The senate is Democrat, unfortunately. Hopefully that will change, come 2014.

Really?
You haven't had enough hope & change from Obama yet?
Are you seriously gonna play the "left vs right" card here or have I misunderstood you?

-Peace-

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Wanna know what happens when you start to question Obama, and you have the authority to do so? Ask Petraus.

The NSA has, as one of its tasks, keeping the 'higher ups" in line. Imagine corporate IT, with "sniffer" scripts on email servers. Ever known someone to get fired for sending an email that IT picked up on? I remember it happening a whole bunch once, while I worked under a corporate regime that was crumbling under investor legal action.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join