It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Life of Mine [NOV2013]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
By: ldyserenity [WRITER]

This Life of Mine [NOV2013]

I remember nothing of how I was brought into this world, my memory doesn't go back that far. The earliest memory I have was realizing how small I was in a world with Giants, of the loud noises their materials made. Vroom Whoosh!! RING RING...Bang bang. Being cold and alone and so small, I'd hide in trees and bushes, in holes and behind tall buildings of stone and wood sometimes. I'd eat out of trash cans sometimes and chase little lizards and sometimes mice, but being too young, I could never catch them. I drank out of puddles when it had rained, but that's not very often. Oh and the rain, I couldn't stand, I loathed the wetness, I despised the feel of it, the chill it gave me. I crouched and hid from the giant loud hind leg walkers. If they tried to approach me I'd skitter off or sometimes I'd growl at them and scurry off behind whatever would block me from their sight. Most of them were too frightful to imagine them getting a hold of me. I didn't know if they were predators but I knew they were not prey. So I feared them very much. All I knew was fear. Most everything was bigger than me and I was not taught anything, I had been alone as far back as I could remember. Cold and alone in this enormous world that I knew nothing about. I've seen others of my kind but they would chase me off or spit at me. They didn't like outsiders. Then one day something happened.

I remember the smell, oh what a wonderful smell it was. I don't know exactly what kind of food this was, but I knew that it was FOOD! REAL FOOD!!! I was so hungry I just couldn't resist. I followed the smell to the source. Unfortunately for me I was unaware that my ruin would be some yummy food. I walked into a metal box. It had wide holes and I thought nothing of it, I could probably squeeze through the holes if anything happened they looked big enough and I was so tiny. All I could think of was filling my belly with that wonderful smelling food. And then I heard the clatter of metal...clink...I turned and saw that now the box was enclosed. There was now no way out and I started to try to squeeze out through one of the large holes, but they were smaller than I had first thought and now my belly was full and sticking out making it harder. I started to cry and yowl. What kind of torture device was this? What or whom had set this trap, I figured it was one of the Giants that walked on their hind legs. Good thing they did, they're front legs looked too short to be any help for walking on. But what did they want from me? Were they going to hurt me? I was terrified. I was still trying to find a way to get out of this box, alone I started to try and squeeze through the hole again I couldn't even put my head out of it. The darkness was coming and I was so scared. I wanted out that's all I could think about. But now I was exhausted from the yowling and the trying to get out and all I could do was curl up into a little ball and sleep. I didn't want to, but the feeling overpowered me until I gave in.

The light shined against my body as I awakened, and I felt the warmth caress the exposed side of my body. It felt so wonderful that I thought maybe it had all been a horrible dream. Yes, I have dreams, but never had a nightmare, until, wait... no...it was no nightmare! I see the metal bars with the door shut. I begin to panic again seeing this horrible insidious device which has caught me in its' awful snare. I sit growling and hissing at the noises I hear and then someone comes, a hind leg walker getting out of the large wheeled motor machine the kind that makes the wooshing and vrooming noises and the honk honk noises. It looks to be a male giant. He has big meaty paws, they're a horrible looking bunch they are. I am graceful and beautiful and worthy of praise, they are ugly and horrid abominations. He approaches the box and his great gob opens up and he says "Aren't you a beauty?" Well, yes I am I certainly AM!!! But I growl at this maniacally grinning man and spit and yowl...he says"Oh tough gal, eh?" I hiss loudly and raise my back and swat towards his face. He says "Oh come now, settle down, it'll be ok" I growl again and add in another hiss. He picks up the box with me stuck inside and puts me into the back of the motor machine. I am starting to feel panic set in again and I start throwing myself against the sides of the box making clinking sounds as I hit the sides. Suddenly I feel a pinch in my side and I yowl loudly. I become sleepy and pass out. The next thing I see is that I am in some kind of inside place on a flat metal surface and there is a female Giant inspecting me. She looks kinder, but I still don't trust these Giants. She doesn't look quite as ugly as the male. She is holding me by the tuft behind my neck. Suddenly another sharp pain hit me in the hind leg and it makes me yowl and screech. I hiss at her. Am I going to get sleepy and pass out again? Except this time I don't, I don't feel any different. This was odd. Before I can figure out what's going on I feel another pinch in my hind leg and another. "There, all done, darling. Now You will be okay." Then she puts me in a slightly larger box with a bunch of tiny holes and shuts a door it makes a clinking sound. It's a metal barred door somewhat like the entire tiny cage they had me in.

The male Giant is back and he picks the carrier up with me inside and takes me to another part of the inside place. Down a long narrow corridor we go and then into a place filled with larger metal boxes that line the walls and I see that there's no escape from these either as the holes are much too small to fit through. I see others like me spitting, crying, yowling in each of these boxes. Finally we reach a spot that's empty, the male says "Here you are, Beautiful, here's your apartment with a view, all set for you!" He opens the large cage's door, then faces me towards the cage and opens my carrier's door. He then grabs me by the tuft behind my neck, but I won't go without a fight, I start wriggling and my hind leg finds one of his meaty hands and I release my claws and dig in and squirm and push against his meaty paw. I growl and hiss and he throws me in the large cage and slams the door shut with a loud clink. In the cage there is a bowl of that wonderful smelling food and a bowl of the wet stuff that comes down from the sky, only it's clean and clear and I taste it, it tastes wonderful. I drink then I eat the wonderful smelling food and then I am sleepy again. I go to sleep.

I awaken and all is silent and dark, but I can see everything, no problem, and I see that my cage is set between other cages and that I can actually see one like me on either side of me. One is much bigger, I smell that he is a male, on the other side is another female, she seems about the same age as me. She is also awake and yowling. I walk up to the side of my cage near her and I say "Excuse me,"
The female keeps crying "Excuse me," I say, "Could you stop crying for a minute and answer me?" But she continues to cry. So I walk to the other side of my cage to the older male who is sleeping and I say "Wakey wakey," He still sleeps, I say again a bit louder "Wakey, wakey"...he yawns and stretches and remarks "Why do you wake me up?" As he strolls to my cage and I say "What is this place?" The male says "I'm not sure exactly, but couldn't this have waited until my nap was over?" Then he yawns and stretches, in a kind of bow
edit on 10-11-2013 by ldyserenity because: trying to fix spacing

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I say "Well what do they do to us here?"
The male replies "They feed us, give us water, clean out our waste."
And then he looks down into my cage where my waste lays in the corner as if he's looking down on me for my bodily functions.
"Once in awhile," he breaks in "The Giants come in and will take one of us away, never to be seen again." "AWAY?!" I exclaim..."AWAY WHERE?"
"I don't know," says the male; "By the way, I'm Chester, and who are you waking me at this deplorable hour?"
I say "I don't have a name."
"Well what did the Giant Male call you?"
"Beautiful" I say
"Then that's your name, if that's what he calls you, that's how I got my name."
"How long have you been here?" I asked.

Chester tells me that he's been here a long time, he isn't quite sure how long. And I'm left wondering what happens when one of the Giants pick you and bring you home. Do they serve you as dinner? Do they hang your head on a mantle? This is scary, I might be taken yet again with no clue to what will happen to me. I begin to feel panic set in again, so I pace the cage back and forth thinking and contemplating what my fate may be. I can't sleep there are too many questions in my head. Then I feel the need to clean myself. Whenever I'm nervous, I clean myself. I start between my toes on my back paw, the ones I dug into meathead's meaty hand. Ewww, it's so gross, it never even occurred to me that I should have cleaned them right away touching that vile creature. I clean and clean and clean.

The lights turn on and Meathead walks to my cage and pulls me out..."Time for your flea bath, Beautiful." What? What's a flea bath...what the...oh no WATER!!!! OH NO!!!! OH NO!!!! he plunges me in the basin filled with water and I Start biting his meaty hand and clawing and swatting, growling and hissing but he's too strong. He puts some kind of sticky stuff on my coat and he scrubs me and it turns into suds. Meathead holds me down in the awful wetness and I just yowl and yowl and cry. I hate this why are they doing this to me? Meat head rinses off the suds and pulls me out of the bathwater. He takes a big cloth and dries me off. "Good, now you're all ready for the public, Beautiful, "Maybe someone will adopt you, since you are so pleasant." And he makes a chuckling clucking sound.

He takes me back to my cage and puts me back in. There's fresh food in my bowl and fresh water. How can something that feels so awful being touched by, taste so wonderful to drink? I have no clue, but it does taste so good, I eat my food and drink some of the water. Then it happens, the door to the corridor opens and a handful of the Giants, some with Miniature Giants in tow, come into the room of cages and start gawking at each of the others and me through the cage doors. One Miniature Giant points to my cage and says "I want this one, Mommy, her name is Beautiful!" "Please please can we take her home?"
"Sure Honey," says the larger Giant.
She calls to Meathead and says "We'll take her"
"OK" says Meathead.
Then he goes away down the corridor. Minutes later he returns with a carrier and the two Giants walk out the door to the Corridor. Meathead opens my door and I realize there's no sense in fighting. I resign to my fate. He picks me up and puts me into the carrier and closes the door.
"Bye-bye, Beautiful, You're going to a good home, they'll take care of you now."

The End.
edit on 10-11-2013 by ldyserenity because: spelling

edit on 10-11-2013 by ldyserenity because: words and capitals

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

The End.

What's up with this ? I should hardly believe so.

But SnF

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Excellent.

If I ever come into money I would love to rescue homeless cats.

S n F

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Tsu322
Excellent.

If I ever come into money I would love to rescue homeless cats.

S n F

Me too I am an animal lover, but cats are definitely my favorite.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Your story seems very accurate to me. We have two cats, one of which was once a feral cat who elected to join our family and both sleep with us at night. In addition, there are four ferals that we've trapped and had neutered, and all four of them are at the back door right now, awaiting the nightly feeding.

I know it frightens them. There seems no help for it. Feral males will sometimes slam their heads against the cage, tearing off hair and injuring their faces. I hate that. Still, it's their one opportunity to get neutered and get their first shots.

I wonder sometimes if this is how we appear to aliens (if they exist), when they abduct humans (if that happens). Scared, dangerous creatures, capable of great damage if they are not controlled........ scary and scared animals, that don't know we are doing what WE THINK is best for them.

Good story!

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

Thank you, I tried to put myself in the place thinking how would it feel to me if I was taken and locked in a cage and stuff. I'm glad you liked it. I can't wait till they put up the December challenge.

new topics

top topics

join