It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did I finally open my third eye?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Howdy fellow ATS members. Most of you probably haven't the slightest idea who I am, but I've been around here longer than you might think. I've known about ATS for a solid year now, and only just recently made an account. This is my first thread, so please go easy on me.

Anywho, 4-5 months ago, I was no stranger to chakras and meditation, but I never really got into either. Than my friend introduced me to the concept of the Third Eye. This intrigued me, so , with the help of google of course, I began to study what the philosophy and history behind the Third Eye stood for. Long story short, I was pretty astounded. After a good week or two of reading other peoples experiences and thought's about the subject, I figured I'd give meditation a go. About a good month and a half later, I was pretty comfortable with the concept of meditation. That being said, I tried to move on to the next step and try and open my Third Eye. Now, I'm a pretty lucid dreamer, and have since I can recall, been able to remember my dreams pretty vividly. And have always enjoyed dreaming, whether it be a nightmare or a dream, it was all an enjoyable experience to me. Back to the subject at hand though. I tried to take the next step and open my third eye. After a couple days of practice, something weird happened. It was after at least 1:00 Am, and I was laying in my bed, getting comfortable and beginning to start meditating. I started to focus on my Pineal Gland, (I won't go into details unless someone asks me too.), but eventually I started to hear/feel this small vibration all around my body. This, as I understood, was part of the process of opening your Third Eye. And no lie, I got kind of excited because this was my first succesful attempt at AStral Projection. After that is blurry, as I don't really recall much from my transition from awake, to asleep? Unconcious? I don't know how to really put it.

This is where things got sketchy for me.

I wake up, and my room is almost entirely black, which is normal because I don't have windows in my room. But I felt weird, and really groggy so i thought I'd just woke up. Quite the opposite, as I would realize later. I'm sitting up in my bed, and everything gets really heavy. The air, my body, just a really bad tension floating around in the air. Than I start shaking and I'm starting to think I'm having a seizure or something (Which I've never had fyi). Instinctively I look up into the corner of my room, and standing there is this BLACK figure with what I can only guess is hair, floating around and above it's head. And it's just sitting there, looking at me. I get scared of things, I'm human. But this was different, I'd never felt anything like it before, and a sense of intense dread just filled my body. And the weird thing is, I couldn't move. I'm just sitting here, looking back at this thing. A fuzzy buzzing noise is filling my head, not sure if it was trying to communicate with me or? Anyways, right after that this thing starts to move really slowly towards me, and once it was a good 2-3 feet from me, I FORCED my self up out of my bed and started running upstairs (My room is in the basement) as fast as I could. And than I woke up just like that. BAM. My heart was beating too fast. Turned the light on, looked in the corner of my room where the thing was, and thankfully, the corner was empty.

The story above is infact 110% REAL. It DID happen. As I can picture in my mind everything that happened perfectly, and have been since it happened. So if you're going to comment on this saying "proof" or "fake" or any of the sort, you can see you self out, no disrespect.

My question to you ATS Members with some knowledge on meditation and the Third Eye, Is was I astral projecting? Was this thing I seen from the Astral Realm? A few people that know about the subject that I talked to, said it was very likely. As Negative entities can appear often? As they put it. Like I said above, I enjoy dreaming, all types. But this was something that I had never in my life experienced before, I could PHYSICALLY feel everything. My bed, sweat on my body, the ground when I was running, and most importantly, that feeling of pure dread. Ever since that, I haven't necessarily been scared to try and open my Third Eye again, It's just I've been reluctant. This happened a 2-3 months ago, and before I take my journey any further, I want to know if this is just a one time experience? Is this supposed to happen? Is it BAD that this happened? Is it something other than a being from the Astral Realm? If so what?

Thanks in advanced for the advice and replies. Any kind of helpful insight will be extremely appreciated.

edit on 31-10-2013 by ItzShadyT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Goddammitt! None of this cool sh$t ever happens to me!!! The aliens that abduct me every night are THE greatest abduction team in the whole galaxy and I never remember a thing.(except that one night when those reptillian grey bastards sat in for them and woke my ass up! Those Fu$k Ups!!! Floating up to the ship in a tractor beam and in the middle of the night? I see a gun steel grey disc with dark red round lights all around the flat edge, it's pretty large and it's hovering just over the back yard tree line, silent. Just pulled up and parked there, like it was all planned. I called to her and she didn't answer and I was suddenly standing in the back yard. How did I get here, I thought to my self? I had just been standing just inside the dining room sliding glass door. My head had just pivoted back over my left shoulder and I excitedly call to her to come and see the UFO in the back yard. I did not see her, but I felt her presence, her energy... and now I am standing in the back yard. What? Weird. I don't remember sliding open the glass door or hearing the screach of the window screen reluctantly slide open. Nor do I recall stepping onto the wooden deck surface and down the steps to the back yard? How did I get here? The grass would have felt cold and wet because my feet are bare? I don't remember cold, wet, my hand touching the door handle, hearing the screach, cooler mist covered wood touching the right foot, then left. No wet cold grass? Didn't smell wet grass? Really odd? Suddenly I feel the sensation of millions of tiny metal particles simultaneously lightly touching every millimeter of my body and I begin to float off the ground. It was sudden. It suprised me. It startled me. I do not like this! No Seriously! This IS NOT COOL!!! I move my arms and legs in a freakish swimming motion. I start to breath very rapidly. My chest heaves in a convulsion and I can't breath....my body violently contorts a clonic spasm bends me like a pretzel...violently...my head toward my abdomen and I'm floating in the air at a dangerous height above the ground AND I start to freak out........I fade to black..... and I awake in my bed. My chest feels sore, my lungs burn, my muscles ache and I suck in a deep breath )
edit on 31-10-2013 by HUMBLEONE because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-10-2013 by HUMBLEONE because: That just kind of flowed out of me!!! Pretty spooky!!!

edit on 31-10-2013 by HUMBLEONE because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   
OK, here's my take on it. This comes from someone who has only ever astrally projected consciously 2x and those were a long time ago, but I have studied all these kind of things for sa good many years so what I know is from reading books, going to lectures, healing groups, etc Take what I say if it feels right, dismiss it if it does not.

It seems as if fear is the thing which we all need to overcome. There will be lots and lots of scary images and feelings appearing to you in the astral or other dimensions, but you have to know that you are your own master and nothing can hurt you unless you give in to fear. I believe what most people do is to ask for protection from your (insert belief system figures here) and move forward into the unknown. Once you get used to moving past these beings, you probably wont notice them much any more, unless you focus on them.

I think you have to examine your belief system and find out what you really believe about the other dimensions. If you believe that you are an multi-dimensional being and only one small part of you is in a physical body, then you(the real you) are an extremely strong and powerful spirit with powers only limited by your imagination and will. However, if you believe you are a frail sinful human open to all kinds of astral attacks, then you may have challenges until you start to believe differently. See where I am going with this?

I think the buzzing, cracks, pops, vibrating body, squeaks, whistles, etc is a standard way to recognise the separation of your astral body from your physical. Just relax (no fear) and allow it to happen and you will probably find you are 'out'.

A rapid return to your body always causes violent heart beating and maybe sweating, quick breathing, etc. Just be more gentle with yourself and resolve to treat your physical body without this violent return causing shock, and it will probably get better.

I used to get loads of times when I would imagine being chased back into my body, but eventually I realised that it was my physical realising that I was coming back and it was aware (from my physical) of me returning and that was this thing following me. A switch of perceptions from the astral me to the physical me and an awareness of one returning to the other. :-) Once I realised that there was no-one chasing me, I ceased to have the 'being chased back into my body' sensations.

Anyway, wait a while until others come along and post their thoughts and beliefs.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I've heard people claim similar things. Supposedly these things are called "shadow people." after reading this comment, type in "shadow people" in google, or another search engine, and you'll come across quite a bit of information about it.

Usually people feel as if they are dreaming, and they see dark humanoid figures starring at them, and usually are in their doorway, or a few feet away from them. And usually nearly all people claim they were paralyzed at the time. And this is not something new, people have claimed similar things throughout history.

So, I doubt that this experience was because of meditation alone. I think it would be some other phenomenon. Because other people have experienced this, and meditation was not exactly involved. At least it doesn't seem there would be a direct correlation. Maybe after exercising your brain you became a little more inclined to this experience, but then again it may have just been a coincidence.

Edit:

here's a link to something similar. And it sounds quite accurate to what your were talking about.

www.lukecole.name...
edit on 31-10-2013 by Lingweenie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   
If you are hear your third eye has already somewhat been opened. So do you like what you see

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Our minds are very powerfull and some have the potential to project their fears, ideas, beliefs in their real life.
Some times, a few seconds after we woke up, our mind is still in an intermediate state.
Nothing to be afraid of (demons, ghosts etc)
Happens to me very often...

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
This is a part of waking up or nudging third eye/insight open more. Its a level some are born with. Now, the left hand path, push for awakening the third eye, in low frequency. Some probably conduct negative things first.

So the best way to wake up more, is via the examples we have, Christ, Buddha, and inner seeking, to overcome all negativity in us, and to give more than we take, and reach higher mind.

I'm not sure that in all cases this protects one from being aware of gravity based beings, but Love is our armour and it certainly brings compassion to all we encounter, and then we can take on a more helping role in different situations.

However in many cases, we won't even be accessed.

Keep reaching higher and work on self. Talk to your own soul and Source each night as to ways to get on target for doing the work you came to do for that is where we gain protection. This is what I am still doing.

Also this:

messagia.wordpress.com...

Healing Unseen Negative Forces~Eceti News by James Gilliland
edit on 31-10-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Lingweenie

Usually people feel as if they are dreaming, and they see dark humanoid figures starring at them, and usually are in their doorway, or a few feet away from them. And usually nearly all people claim they were paralyzed at the time. And this is not something new, people have claimed similar things throughout history.

Bloody hell, I came to this thread out of pure curiosity and can honestly claim that I have experienced, to the letter exactly what you have described above.
I was only 6 or 7 years old, in bed, when I "woke up" from my sleep to see three black silhouetted figures looking in at me from my bedroom door. I was indeed paralyzed, could not move. I remember trying to yell out to my mum but the words that came out were silent. It lasted for around 2 or 3 minutes I would say, until the "sleep paralysis" wore off and I turned over in my bed hiding under the sheets.

This experience stuck with me to this day, am 41 now, will never forget it. Being the age I was, that can't have anything to do with projection or meditation, nor I firmly believe was is just a bad dream.

Thank you for reminding me!
Sorry OP I have no gems to offer you, just thought I had to throw it in the mix. Cheers

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ItzShadyT

Sorry OP, I can`t help you. I only open my 3th eye when I go to the toilet and the only sensation I feel is a kind of relief, nothig else, but I wish I could have the same experience as you
....Anyway S&F from me to your 1st thread

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
As a beginner, I would suggest you find a shaman to assist you in understanding each transition and progression.

Now that you have opened your third eye you may have become a beacon to energies that you must learn how to control and call or dismiss at your will. I have found that the shaman's wisdom and experience is not only instrumental in the attainment in the understanding of one's personal journeys but also how to protect oneself.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
One of the ways we are taught about, running the race, reaching higher mind, striving to perfect in order to be worthy, is to first of all gain understanding, compassion for self and realize that this continual message put into religions and even alot of spiritual directives, is meant to keep humanity on its knees. So, its a graceful, gentle seeking you do with your soul. First of all its just love and understanding of yourself, even the shadow being you may have encountered, which could be a real entity or even something within you, maybe a culmination of fears and not feeling good enough. So being mindful is what helps us in the moment to gain choices and not just react, and thats a process, not that you're less than if you can't just go with the flow of life. Love is actually the higher frequency, and having understanding of where the so called flaws and shadows come from, knowing that its actual rather normal for people walking various experiences to end up with these shadows, they wouldn't be normal if they didn't. Love/understanding, acceptance and striving for inner healing and healing in others, is far more important than ideas of perfection.
Thats higher mind to me, love and growing more loving and understanding.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

I'm no shaman, yogi, zen master, or dream walker. With my credentials now firmly established, did you mean to say that you Lucid dream or have Vivid dreams? Vivid dreams seem like life but in ultra high definition, more alive than your everyday stroll. Lucid means you are aware that you are dreaming as you dream and can influence/take control of your dream world.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Hi great first thread itzshady. It sounds like you had an astral projection. I do not doubt your experience at all. I have had over 200 astral projection myself. You described the early sensations to a t. When i astral project i focus on my pineal as well and i start getting very physical feeling vibrations and hear a high pitch sound. When i focus on amplifying these vibrations and the sound it comes to a point where i literally feel my consciousness/soul vibrate and pop out of my body. Sometimes i end up in my room or sometimes i end up in a dream scape.
The thing about the astral realm is it is a lighter density then physical reality. Thoughts = materialization in these realms. If your mind is in a place of fear you will manifest what you are afraid of. If you come from a place of sex, you manifest someone to have sex with, if your mind is grounded and understanding of the lighter realm you are creating, anything you think of is possible.

Thoughts = materialization instantly in these realms because they are a lighter density reality. So if you saw this hair monster floating in the corner, and realized that he is part of your consciousness and you created him with your thoughts, you can control his every move and have nothing to be afraid of.

As for the opening your third eye question. In a way I believe you have glimpsed what it is like to have your third eye open. To have a completely open third eye however, I believe you must be able to overlap waking physical reality with conscious projection. In other words, you have to astral project when you are awake with your eyes open and be able to overlap your conscious thoughts, with physical reality. When you do this you see your own thoughts as well as other peoples thoughts, you see energy coming off of everything, you see the world from a conscious creation level. You connect to the universe around you. It is basically, naturally self inducing a '___' trip through meditation and spiritual practice. When this happens things like telekinesis become a side effect.

There are very few people in the world that can actually do this but I believe this is the spiritual awakening we are all about to witness.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Wow, I was not expecting this many replies. Thank you all for support and answers.

@qmantoo
Thank you for the post. The thing is, I couldn't help but BE scared. I couldn't NOT move, and the second I woke up, I had that dread feeling before I even seen it. If i could of just floated away from thing thing, trust me, I would have.

@Lingweene
I actually have heard the term "Shadow People" before, but I never really looked into it. After a look through google, I can say that what these other people are describing are almost 100% exactly what happened to me. Thanks for the advice and the link.

@Dr1Akula
Can you define intermediate state a little more clearly? Do you mean we're more vulnerable after we wake up? or?

@Unity_99
Thanks for the reply, however. I can say right now, that I follow no particular religion, nor do I believe in the idea of a god. Is there a way your advice could work without it having to tie into religions?

@Mufcutcakeyumyum
Was that not one of the single most terrifying moments of your entire life?

@InTheLight
Where would I be able to find said Shaman? I live in a small city across the river from Illinois. Not a lot of mystic shops or what not around here.

@QuietSpeech
I apologize, as it was late when I was typing this thread. I meant Vividly. I have yet to be able to 100% control my dreams. And have only attempted since I started meditating. I'm getting better at controling my dreams now, but I've always had incredibly vivid dreams.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Thanks for the clarification! I agree with one of the prior posters, OBE and Lucid Dreaming are basically launched from the same stage, the one that you described. However that doesn't mean your 3rd is open, it just means that you are starting to get the hang of things. Furthering your meditation skills is usually how one opens the 3rd. The great news is, Lucid Dreaming is a great way to enhance your progression in this avenue. Next time you are in that state where you start floating above your body or see that figure in the room remember you can control everything...Think Neo in the Matrix only better than that. Then after you have had fun playing or if you want to get right down to business meditate while you are in your created dream. You will find it to be productive in hurry.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Here's a starting point. Good luck.

www.shamansociety.org...

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

QuietSpeech

Thanks for the clarification! I agree with one of the prior posters, OBE and Lucid Dreaming are basically launched from the same stage, the one that you described. However that doesn't mean your 3rd is open, it just means that you are starting to get the hang of things. Furthering your meditation skills is usually how one opens the 3rd. The great news is, Lucid Dreaming is a great way to enhance your progression in this avenue. Next time you are in that state where you start floating above your body or see that figure in the room remember you can control everything...Think Neo in the Matrix only better than that. Then after you have had fun playing or if you want to get right down to business meditate while you are in your created dream. You will find it to be productive in hurry.

The really weird thing is though, I tried to tell myself I was dreaming at first. Considering the fact I couldn't move let alone look somewhere else. And regardless of what I thought, the thing was still standing/floating there, looking at me. This is what led me to believe that maybe I wasn't astral projecting? And if it's any insight to you all, I've had some pretty strange things happen in my house while I was awake. I.E. Doors closing by them selves, figures in the corner of my eyes, objects moving them selves. There was even an instance where me and the same friend mentioned above were sitting on my couch watching a movie, and my glasses literally flew across the room and hit him on the back of the head. Can "Shadow People" do this? Or maybe this is something more malevolent?

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Sounds like you may already be sensative to the paranormal or in a location where it is easier to pick up on things. Not saying I've been in a similar situation but hearing your tale reminds me of when I stayed in what I believe to be a room that someone else was already staying in.

We left the room and shut off all of the lights and for some reason we had to return, we literally got down the hall and had to turn around. When we opened the door lights were on again. It was at this point that I recalled some of the reviews saying that the place was haunted, I mentioned it to the young woman I was with and then said out loud, "We are just here for the night, we can all stay here we just want a good nights rest and left."

It worked great, no more "hints" and guess who didn't sleep alone.

Back to the point, some people don't have to open thier 3rd eye they are born with it open. Either way, meditation will greatly help in controlling what goes on.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

QuietSpeech

Sounds like you may already be sensative to the paranormal or in a location where it is easier to pick up on things. Not saying I've been in a similar situation but hearing your tale reminds me of when I stayed in what I believe to be a room that someone else was already staying in.

We left the room and shut off all of the lights and for some reason we had to return, we literally got down the hall and had to turn around. When we opened the door lights were on again. It was at this point that I recalled some of the reviews saying that the place was haunted, I mentioned it to the young woman I was with and then said out loud, "We are just here for the night, we can all stay here we just want a good nights rest and left."

It worked great, no more "hints" and guess who didn't sleep alone.

Back to the point, some people don't have to open thier 3rd eye they are born with it open. Either way, meditation will greatly help in controlling what goes on.

Interesting.. So you're saying that people with their Third Eye open experience paranormal experiences more frequently? Also, how would you know if you were born with your Third Eye open? As I said before, I've always had very vivid dreams, but knew nothing about the Third Eye, let alone meditation until my friend said something to me a while back.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Did someone call a shaman? JK. My neighbor who lives right next-door to me had a semi-similar situation. He says that during the Vietnam era, he was in the Air force. He had a room to himself, and spent his time meditating for four or five hours every day in it. He eventually had a frightening experience where he saw extremely bright lights and heard a loud sound. I think that the moral of the story in both situations is to not go so hard at it. I think that if you are already experiencing paranormal events and are genuinely interested in expanding your spiritual nature, I would recommend thinking loving spiritual thoughts (without fear as someone mentioned), and if you absolutely do want to meditate, just meditate for a few minutes at a time to start with.

As far as the astral realm is concerned. I have studied and thought about the astral realm intensely. I believe that the astral realm is a realm full of mythical and imaginary creatures and beings. I also believe that a higher portion of ourself resides in the astral realm. Since everything that goes on in the astral realm is of such a grand nature, it is possible that this being and you have an antagonistic relationship in the astral realm. The events of which you perceived a small glimmer of in your experience. You can either go to the astral realm and confront this being directly or just slowly and gently work on your fears with this being. I recommend the latter just for safety reasons. I wish you luck with your experiences!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join