It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Aliens any opinions other then mine?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Ice particles.

And the teasing about Mister Hair --- it's all love and
admiration and jealousy.. I'm bald.

KPB

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Stari

Ok, this thread is turning into a hate this guy thread, not what I was hoping for.

I wouldn't worry about it Stari. I doubt you or anybody else here will loose any Karma points. Captain Hair has got to know what he looks like and probably loves the attention. I'm sure the people, including myself, who are talking about his hair don't actually hate it but are more amused by it. Each to their own I say.

It's a good thread, and I'm sure you'll get all kinds of responses so take it in stride.

As far as the video where the supposed missile is fired from earth. Here's my debunk. First thing is the video is a cropped image so it's hard to see what is actually going on. Second, the missile would have to be going something like 80,000 m/s to get from the ground to space that fast. Third, it's most likely ice particles being blown around at different angles and speed from the boosters as they are being fired. It's hard to see the change in position happening since the image is cropped but the camera does giggle a little bit during the shot. This is just my opinion so of course. I could be wrong and it could be an actual missile fired at an alien spacecraft.
edit on 29-10-2013 by GoldenBrain71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Is this Ice Particles too??

Interdimensional UFO's Explained By David Sereda (NASA Tapes)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=sthUYzBFIV8
www.youtube.com...

reply to post by kloejen

David Childress has some great books. He really knows his Aliens....
edit on 29-10-2013 by AbleEndangered because: added reply format

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   

AbleEndangered
Is this Ice Particles too??

Interdimensional UFO's Explained By David Sereda (NASA Tapes)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=sthUYzBFIV8
www.youtube.com...

reply to post by kloejen

Ice particles and a micrometeor shower.

Now, are there unexplained things, and amazing
things and supranatural things? Ancient things
worth knowing? Real aliens 800 LY out from
us? Yes.

But these aren't the droids you are looking for,
in my opinion; and hardly anyone listens to
anyone's opnion on ATS, no matter how
informed.

I'd love to be wrong and have some real
good guy aliens show up.. I'm not
unsympathetic.

You will decide for yourself --- good luck!

KPB

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Stari

I used to be a big believer in the AA theory. My grandfather had Chariots of the Gods, The 12th Planet, etc. on his bookshelves and I used to thumb through them (mainly looking at pictures and reading the captions), as a young boy. I first read Von Daniken's book in the mid-80's, in grade school . . . read Sitchin's books in high school. It wasn't until after college that I really started looking at the "evidence" with a critical eye and comparing it to the actual archeological evidence. Basically, everything that is in the History Channel program is based of the work of Von Daniken and Sitchin . . . the "researchers" just parrot what has been claimed for decades.

What I've found . . . the whole theory is complete bunk. Nothing they claim is true, not one aspect of it. Most is a complete misrepresentation of what we actually know; however, a lot is completely fabricated (i.e. lies). At best they are gullible zealots, at worst and my personal opinion, is that they are complete con men out to make a buck.

I wish to start off with a program called ancient aliens they have a good program, but there are a lot of mistakes. I've done a lot of research over the last 20 or so years and not everything is goes to ancient aliens as the cause of something happening. Win talking about Puma Pumku they say it is possible that aliens it in the past two of their air ships and blew up Puma Pumku. I can think of no other reason other than thousands and thousands of men and women tearing up a building that had to have been built within hundreds of years.

Let's look at Pumapunku . . .

They first claim that it is "thousands of years old", it was before the Aymara couldn't have built and the "natives were stone age people" . . . wrong. Every dating method of the site, radiocarbon, linguistic, cultural, archeological (tools, methods, etc.) date the site to 300-600 C.E. (That's the middle ages and we know other cultures were building rather intricate temple complexes long before this.)

They claim that it is built with "granite and diorite" . . . wrong . . . it was constructed out of red sandstone and andesite. Both very workable with the tech of the time. As well as their false claim that the largest stones are 800+ tons, when in actuality the largest stone is 131 tons.

They claim that the Aymara didn't have use of metal tools . . . wrong . . . the Aymara smelted copper alloys and tools have been found at the site which would work red sandstone and andesite, as well as clear evidence of the use of metal braces to hold the stones together, which would have been poured on site.

There is also clear evidence of incomplete stonework at the site, showing how they produced the blocks. Also, there are written records from the Spanish conquerors that chronicle the destruction of the site for building materials.
Pumapunku wiki

Know what speak about the Baghdad battery. I believe that people were just as smart as we are today. Trying to come up with new ideas on how to make life easier they were bound to run into things that will weigh above their comprehension.

Baghdad battery is not a battery . . . In fact, in order to get it to function as a battery the "researchers" have to modify what has been found, using modern knowledge of batteries. In fact, we have found intact versions and they are nothing more than containers with copper cylinders to protect papyrus scrolls. Intact, the asphalt seal would not allow for electrical current.
Bad Archeology

Now we have the fact of all of the radiation found In ancient India. How could that have happened, well there are several ways, asteroids coming in and I am sure that the all of the people here on ATS can help me figure out other ways of it happening

I'm assuming you are talking about Mohenjo-Daro? Could you show me any scholarly article (non-AA promoting site) that claims there is anything other than the typical background radiation at this site? Here . . . I'll save you the time, you can't. Know why? There is nothing unusual about the radiation readings at Mohenjo-Daro.

Another claim that is commonly made by the AA crowd is that there are bodies strewn across the site, as if a cataclysmic event took place. However, the facts are that only 37 bodies were found, over a site that was 200 acres at its largest point in history. Every one of those bodies was found in an area that showed signs of ritualistic burial. No bodies lying in the street and such, as you would find at a cataclysm, like Pompeii.

The vitrification found at the site is only in areas that were clearly dumping areas for working kilns. Speaking of which, the AA crowd even changes their story based on what they are discussing . . . When they are talking about the Mahabharata, the vitrification is from "energy weapons". When they are talking about the ancients having a electricity or advanced tech (from the aliens), the vitrification is from a nuclear power plant "accident" . . . The story always changes to fit within their narrative, but it is all made up to begin with, so . . .
Mohenjo-Daro wiki

I posted the wiki links due to their concise nature and the ability to see the citations to the actual work that chronicles these sites.

I still watch, but now it is to see what fabrications they come up with next . . . As I have a background in Biology and Psychology, I personally love the episodes on AA and human evolution. Not one claim is not a complete lie . . . I was watching an episode today where Georgie-boy claimed the FOXP2 gene was evidence of AA and their being responsible for "giving us language", because humans are the only species on Earth with this gene . . . Oh, really? Actually, all mammals, as well as birds and some reptiles (Aligators) have the same gene (although there have been mutations between species).
FOXP2

Where I once was astonished by the "mysteries" the AA crowd would present . . . it has turned out to be nothing but a lot of lies to make money off of the gullible, who are more than willing to "believe" and eat up every word.

I could go on and on (and I haven't even gotten into the fraud that is Zacharia Sitchin), but I think you get the point . . .

edit on 10/29/13 by solomons path because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Stari

I think this show is blatant disinformation to discredit the ancient alien hypothesis.

Think about it. The wording they use is so subtle yet effective. Notice how they say "ancient alien theorists believe such and such." It's like they take things that are so outlandish and link it to ancient aliens with this statement so that people will always think you're a crazy "ancient alien theorist like that poofy hair guy on TV" if you mention even a little bit of it. They get these so called "experts" that all look and sound like idiots. Especially ol Georgio looks like he is always falling out of a building and saying aliens did EVERYTHING in mans past.

There are definately enigmatic megalithic structures above and below water which tells me that there is much more to our origins than what we are being told.

What if we are the aliens? It seems totally plausible to me. Ever notice how humans seem to be the one species that don't really fit too well in this world?
edit on 29-10-2013 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by solomons path

So one bad apple spoils the bunch??

Why would "they" have stitchin do what he did in the first place??

Zecharia Sitchin Mason Grado 33 360p
www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmgtbKrRcXc
www.youtube.com...

Where there is a dis-info agent... The truth isn't far....or something that resembles the truth...

edit on 29-10-2013 by AbleEndangered because: phrase fix

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   

David Childress might have some "great books" but he needs to learn to use a spell checker, get an editor and stop using Wikipedia as a reference!

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by AbleEndangered

Nothing in my post talked about Sitchin's evidence (Sumerian, Annunaki, Niberu, etc). I directly responded to the issues that were presented in the OP, so nice try to deflect, as usual. However, even Von Daniken promotes the ideas Sitchin popularized and every other AA proponent does, as well.

There isn't one bad apple . . . Von Daniken, Tsoukalos (who lives less than 100 miles from my back porch), Coppens, Childress, Pye, or any other person that promotes this "theory" are all in the same category.

They have to misrepresent or flat out fabricate every bit of evidence to make it fit into their conjecture based ideology.

I have no problem with speculation or belief in intelligent life elsewhere in the universe, but the subculture that has arisen (again all based on the work of Van Daniken and Sitchin) is complete bunk at best and outright fraud at its worst.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Stitchin didn't invent the Annunaki, nor Sumeria!!

He twisted it all up...

He might have invented Nibiru.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by AbleEndangered

More straw man arguments from you . . .

I didn't say Sitchin "invented" anything. He fabricated a story based on total mistranslations of the Enuma Elish and that fabrication is promoted by every AA proponent. And, he didn't "invent" Nibiru . . . it is one of the 50 names of Marduk.

See the great thing about the Sumerians is they left a lot of written evidence, as well as dictionaries that give exact meanings to their words, and we have a wealth of translations to their myths. Feel free to Google any legitimate translation of the Enuma Elish . . . it doesn't jive with the AA version of it.

But forget your Sitchin red herring . . .

What about the lies about Pumapunku, Mohenjo-Daro, the "alien" skulls, the crystal skulls, Baalbek, Nazca, etc., etc.

It's all made up. Every AA theorist starts with the supposition that aliens are responsible for everything and they misrepresent evidence, or straight fabricate it, to fit their preconceived beliefs. All this knowing, their fellow believers will not take the time to actually look into the archeological or anthropological studies that show their stories to be complete bunk. And, they are laughing all the way to the bank.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Stitchin is always blamed or accredited with the term "Annunaki". I sensed you going this direction with your semantics and stopped you in your tracks!!

You played the stitchin dis-info card. Which was carefully placed in your hand by the agents themselves!!
edit on 29-10-2013 by AbleEndangered because: addition

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   

AbleEndangered

Stitchin is always blamed or accredited with the term "Annunaki". I sensed you going this direction with your semantics and stopped you in your tracks!!

You played the stitchin dis-info card. Which was carefully placed in your hand by the agents themselves!!
edit on 29-10-2013 by AbleEndangered because: addition

You sensed nothing, because I said no such thing. You are derailing, as usual, because your beliefs don't match the evidence.

Again, I'm not talking about Sitchin . . . you are.

I was talking about Von Daniken, Tsoukalos, Childress, Coppens, et al. I was detailing their lies. Stop using Sitchin as a straw man and trying to deflect from the actual items I brought to bear . . . Pumapunku, Mohenjo-Daro, etc.

I don't need "agents" to discredit any of the above AA proponents . . . If you don't believe me, present some of their evidence and I'll post what the actual archeological evidence shows.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   
It interested me for a while, and although I still watch it, lately it's become kind of dull. I find myself reading something on the side even way past commercial breaks.

The one thing I took from the show that I found meaningful was the theory that what ancient people thought was magical and supernatural was actually misunderstood technology. That is, assuming their writings and stories were intended as records.

edit on 29-10-2013 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Better evidence of ancient intelligence than has ever been presented by that show (the data is at least real and unchanging, even if your perceptions of the pictures differ):

www.abovetopsecret.com... - full topic

The images seem have become slightly fuzzy for some reason -( I think perhaps imageshack automatically compress old images?)

mathworld.wolfram.com...

img850.imageshack.us...
img189.imageshack.us...

img97.imageshack.us...

edit on 29-10-2013 by yampa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

AliceBleachWhite

Ancient Aliens Debunked

Go to the link above and either watch the whole video, or the segments on each topic.
I'm fairly certain you'll find the information quite informative.

Of course, fair warning, you'll probably see and hear stuff you don't want to hear if you've already made your mind up and "Want To Believe" so badly you're closed off to any alternative but 'Aliens'.

Anyway. Dems Dat.

I have a question for you I sent you PM (see the little envelope that's bright white in the upper right corner? click it..)

I'm up in the air about the "ancient aliens", I just don't know. I need more meat.

Here is your video you asked us to look at

edit on 29-10-2013 by RUFFREADY because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

AliceBleachWhite

Ancient Aliens Debunked

Go to the link above and either watch the whole video, or the segments on each topic.
I'm fairly certain you'll find the information quite informative.

Of course, fair warning, you'll probably see and hear stuff you don't want to hear if you've already made your mind up and "Want To Believe" so badly you're closed off to any alternative but 'Aliens'.

Anyway. Dems Dat.

Agreed. It is with great remiss that I even admit that I watch this show...but I do like seeing some of the artifacts for the first time...however, the "experts" on this show are buffoons. The pseudo-science is based on conjecture and Giorgio is just getting ridiculous. Too bad...Ancient Aliens has made a mockery out of a solid theory...unfortunately, this theory is now looked at as fools journey. I want to believe...give us some SOLID FACTS.

..."as ancient alien theorists believe..."
^^There you go^^
"Is the bogey man a retold tale of extra-terrestrial visitation throughout generations of unwitting abductees?...ancient alien theorists would proclaim a resounding YES"...............blah.

"Did the Founding Fathers have divine instruction in drafting the constitution of the United States of America as ancient alien theorists would have us believe?"

"Is Lady Gaga a product of alien and human interaction? Ancient alien theorists are in agreement..."

...actually...that last on might be true.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Okay, here goes. During the Big Bang, not only was our Universe created, but many others right along with it. These other Universes would be considered 'alternate dimensions'. Now these Universes are quite similar as the same forces are interacting with them in the same way. This does not mean that there aren't nuances that are affect each reality differently. And it is those nuances that we need to look at.

note: Just because someone can make a choice between two option, it does not mean that another dimension is created where the other choice was made. It takes a lot of energy to create a new Universe.

Now in a few of these Universes, life came to be. And in at least one, intelligent life formed (no, not the one we live in. Well, not yet). This intelligent life started millennia before humanity ever came to be. Today, we know these entities as the 'Greys'. It took them quite some time, but they soon understood about the other dimensions and soon were able to cross over into them. But not all 'Earths' evolved life.

They eventually found one that did (Nope, still not us). The dominant lifeform was dinosaurs, or, reptilian. There were some signs of rudimentary intelligence in one strain. Fortunately there wasn't a world cataclysm on this 'Earth' (Whether it just didn't happen or the 'Greys' stopped it, I'm not sure).

The 'Greys' helped the 'Reptilians' along the path to self awareness. They were with them through the whole process. In the end, this caused resentment. The 'Reptilians' felt as if they were manipulated. They were not allowed to become what they would have been if left alone. Even though the two species still intermingle, there is always an undercurrent of distrust.

So now the Reptilians started exploring the dimensions. They found one where most of their kind was long gone. In their place, mammals were now the dominant species. They came as the Annunaki and genetically created new species. We were nothing more than experimental beasts. The old writings tell of what they did to our species. They weren't always kind.

Eventually the 'Greys' found out about what the 'Reptilians' were doing. They were not happy. The 'Greys' had been accused of interfering in a species development, but they had never gone to this extent. This was the beginning of the War over Humanity.

As is, the 'Reptilians' still think we should be grateful to them and become their unwavering subjects. Some 'Greys' feel we are nothing more than a failed experiment and that are of no use. A larger contingent of the 'Greys' see that we should have a right to continue but are unsure about disclosing the true nature of things as we are still a very violent and selfish species. They do not want a repeat of what the 'Reptilians' did.

So the war goes on. And where we end up at the end of this war determines who we become as a species.

(Later: More on Interstellar travel, Early dimensional travel, Interspecies politics, etc... )

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Stari

I like Giorgio's hair. Reminds me of my wild head. It's not all a hatefest.

I do wish they wouldn't make such giant leaps to conclusions. As stated by another poster, the first couple of seasons were pretty good.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

GoldenBrain71
My wife and I call this guy captain hair.

I watch the show but for entertainment purposes only and mainly just as background noise while I surf the web.

I see this guy becoming increasingly unhinged and bizarre-looking..
Someday his hair won't even fit in the frame and his face will be burnt to a crisp from excessive tanning. He'll be charging at the camera a la Alex Jones screaming.. "WHAT ELSE CAN IT BE??!! MY GOD!! ALIENS! THAT'S WHAT!! ARE YOU INSANE?? IT IS ALL ALIENS!! EVERYTHING!! WAAAAA!!!"

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join