It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police aim guns at motorists going through checkpoint

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Hillbilly123069

You don't point a firearm at another human being unless you intend
to use it. It seems almost like immaturity with your firearm is part
of police training now days. Or this is just more provocation as one
of the rules I was taught about firearms is if you point your weapon
at someone ? Expect to be fired upon.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

randyvs

You don't point a firearm at another human being unless you intend
to use it. It seems almost like immaturity with your firearm is part
of police training now days. Or this is just more provocation as one
of the rules I was taught about firearms is if you point your weapon
at someone ? Expect to be fired upon.

Thats another thing people forget, EVERY SINGLE Firearm course on the planet has one tenant.

Only point the barrel at something you have decided to kill.

IF a cop has drawn on you, he will fire given any provocation.

Id much rather have that bar set higher than "in an area a criminal might be".

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Spookybelle

Seriously, this type of action has always existed and throwing up a few pictures will not erase that fact.

Throwing up a few pics of it happening years ago would prove your point however.

We remember the dogs and firehoses being turned loose on peaceful civil rights protestors during the 1960's. Would that crap be acceptable today? NO? Neither is pointing a loaded assault weapon at a innocent driver.

I believe your beginning paragraph is exactly accurate. 20 years ago you wouldn't have heard about it because the way to make it public did not exist.

Photography existed 20 years ago, and they printed photographs in newspapers. They could also send photos over the wire.
edit on 28-10-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by 2manyholes

I believe your beginning paragraph is exactly accurate. 20 years ago you wouldn't have heard about it because the way to make it public did not exist.

Does this mean that it didn't happen?

I find that hard to believe but we didn't have cellphones with the fancy cameras, youtube, or twitter to get that information out.

I believe that we are seeing more of it due to this reason and not necessarily because the police are doing it more. If anything, I believe police will do it less for the very fear that it may be captured on film and put out there for the public. They have to be more wary now than they did 20 years ago where, at the worse, it would be their word against someone else.

Now, every cop car has a video camera in it. 20 years ago they didn't.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

butcherguy

Seriously, this type of action has always existed and throwing up a few pictures will not erase that fact.

Throwing up a few pics of it happening years ago would prove your point however.

We remember the dogs and firehoses being turned loose on peaceful civil rights protestors during the 1960's. Would that crap be acceptable today? NO? Neither is pointing a loaded assault weapon at a innocent driver.

It wasn't acceptable back then either.

The abuse the civil rights protesters, the sit-ins, and the freedom riders endured led to a sociological change in the US. But it is evidence that this occurred commonly among the police units back then.
edit on 28-10-2013 by Spookybelle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Here's the rub...
Having a weapon pointed in your face can be a very traumatic experience for some people.

My grandmother, for instance, broke down in hysterical tears a few years ago for simply getting a speeding ticket. First one she ever got in nearly 65 years of driving. She was devastated.

Thank the lord she never came across some cop waving his weapon in her face. Somethinglike that would probably do her in.

Thank god she doesn't live in California. Johnny Law rules the damn roost out there. Buncha John Wayne types. Clearly.
CLEARLY.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Spookybelle

butcherguy

The abuse the civil rights protesters, the sit-ins, and the freedom riders endured led to a sociological change in the US. But it is evidence that this occurred commonly among the police units back then.

It was done back then, there is photographic evidence of it, and it WAS accepted in the South... otherwise it wouldn't have happened.
It isn't accepted today..... just like we shouldn't accept police thugs pointing loaded assault weapons at innocent people.
Nor should we just make up and excuse, like 'Oh well, this is the way it has always been.'

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I think all drivers who had the weapons pointed at them should push for assault. That is what the police would do to a citizen, if they let the person live.

I can remember years ago being at check on the highway when cars were checked for escapees from a texas prison. No guns were drawn. Times have changed at some places.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

butcherguy

Spookybelle

butcherguy

It was done back then, there is photographic evidence of it, and it WAS accepted in the South... otherwise it wouldn't have happened.
It isn't accepted today..... just like we shouldn't accept police thugs pointing loaded assault weapons at innocent people.
Nor should we just make up and excuse, like 'Oh well, this is the way it has always been.'

Well if that is true then what exactly is the problem?

Your losing me here.

Since it is no longer acceptable then I'm sure we have passed laws against this so simply punish any officer doing it. We have plenty of video evidence of who is guilty.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

roadgravel
I think all drivers who had the weapons pointed at them should push for assault. That is what the police would do to a citizen, if they let the person live.

I can remember years ago being at check on the highway when cars were checked for escapees from a texas prison. No guns were drawn. Times have changed at some places.

Yes they have.

More people are liable to shoot back when pulled over or confronted compared to years past when that wasn't such an issue.

We also didn't have the frequency of massacre's being committed back then that we see today so something has definitely changed.

Are you certain that the police are not simply responding to the increase in violence by civilians?

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Spooky are you suggesting that 20 yrs ago there were no news outlets? No newspapers? Really, there was no way to report anything 20 yrs ago?

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Spookybelle
reply to post by benrl

Its nothing new.

How many people did Lincoln have arrested, with no proof, because someone thought they posed a political threat to his presidency?

Seriously, this type of action has always existed and throwing up a few pictures will not erase that fact. Is it right? Of course not, but it has never progressed beyond what it is.

Protest the actions but people who try to insinuate that the problem is getting worse are being disingenuous.

That's odd, because I have seen and been through a few checkpoints in my time as a trucker. I even went through one at the Missouri/Illinois/Kentucky line, in the middle of nowhere, that really scared me. The only one I can ever say did, for the sheer aggressiveness of the cops, until they saw I wasn't the guy, nor was the guy behind me in the cab sleeper with a gun on me or something. They were hunting a prison escapee in the immediate area.

Even there though ...not ONCE did a cop point a weapon at me. They were there..Oh, they had their AR-15s in clear view and I have no doubt, were loaded and ready...but pointed down ..not at my truck, not at me and not at anything but the pavement. They knew, as the ones in that picture SHOULD ...the literal second of time to raise it to fire when the threat has to take a couple seconds to BECOME one, isn't a contest. They had 100% of the power and everyone at that road crossing knew it..without needing to put a gun in my face to make that point.

So..I'm really baffled by people who defend the % in law enforcement who are so insecure with themselves in dealing with the public, they feel the need to have the public a few lbs of trigger pull ..or an inch from moving the finger onto the trigger ..from being shot on the spot.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Spookybelle

benrl

Spookybelle
reply to post by benrl

Its nothing new.

How many people did Lincoln have arrested, with no proof, because someone thought they posed a political threat to his presidency?

Seriously, this type of action has always existed and throwing up a few pictures will not erase that fact. Is it right? Of course not, but it has never progressed beyond what it is.

Protest the actions but people who try to insinuate that the problem is getting worse are being disingenuous.

Your argument is false, The excuses used to implement such action are becoming less and less critical.

Lincoln was a president facing a time of civil war, he had to guard against military coups...

By all statistics the US has had a massive decline in violent crime, Yet these incidents are on the rise.

IT is the triggering events that are becoming more common as the line to incite such a thing has shrunk, there is no arguing against the increase in police military like tactics.

It took massive riots during the civil rights movement to cause such things, now a small occupy protest gets maced in the face.
edit on 28-10-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

Perhaps you would care to post those statistics then since that is what you are claiming. We could then compare the statistics to determine if you are indeed telling the truth that violent crime is on the rise.

Protip: You might actually be surprised when you look at the statistics.

Google it. My brother was a Tx DPS and I had a promising career in law enforcement till I seen the level of corruption. Went straight into medical from that point. Don't get me wrong. There are some good cops out there. Just not enough.
edit on 28-10-2013 by Hillbilly123069 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Spookybelle

butcherguy

Spookybelle

butcherguy

Your losing me here.

Since it is no longer acceptable then I'm sure we have passed laws against this so simply punish any officer doing it. We have plenty of video evidence of who is guilty.

I rearranged your last post.

Have you seen a lot of these officers being charged? There have been plenty of these cases in evidence and they show no sign of subsiding.
In my opinion, that is a problem.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

2manyholes

Spooky are you suggesting that 20 yrs ago there were no news outlets? No newspapers? Really, there was no way to report anything 20 yrs ago?

Of course not, that would be inaccurate.

I am suggesting however that the amount and ease of use of such things were different 20 years ago. Sure you could contact a writer for your local paper and hope they write an article about such a thing but that was far more complicated then recording something on your cellphone and posting it to youtube in a matter of minutes.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

butcherguy

Spookybelle

butcherguy

Spookybelle

butcherguy

Your losing me here.

I rearranged your last post.

Have you seen a lot of these officers being charged? There have been plenty of these cases in evidence and they show no sign of subsiding.
In my opinion, that is a problem.

Well I would agree that if officers are breaking the law and not being held accountable that it is a problem and needs to be addressed.

No argument there.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

And what does the angle of their weapon actually have to do with anything?

Until people are being fired upon or beaten with them does it really matter if its pointed at you or the ground?

I suppose you could say its more scary to have the gun pointed at you but its irrelevant to the actual situation and what's going on.

I'm not aware of any guns accidentally going off and killing a person just because the police had the gun pointed at them.

If there are cases of that I suppose I would change my view of the subject.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Are you certain that the police are not simply responding to the increase in violence by civilians?

If police keep this up I could see law abiding citizens shooting because they fear for their life.

If someone were accidentally shot that day, you can bet the police response would be "Oh well" and "maybe people should not be out driving around".

Condoning this behavior will just make it acceptable and continuing. The gun did not have to be pointed directly at the drivers, The cops should be able to tell the difference in two men, after all they had a picture.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
How much do you want to live in the midst this kind of tyranny? Would you have the courage to tell these pigs to get their guns out of your face or to just go ahead and pull the trigger?
Yeah, they may drag you from your car, kick you, beat you, taser you, mace you, kick you more and then haul you to jail where you would be charged with resisting arrest but at this rate, that's going to happen to most of us anyway.

So... do you stand your ground or shrivel in fear?

NOTES:
My late brother was a cop. My stepdaughter is one today. I apply the term 'pigs' to those who are not citizen police but government programmed machines.

edit on 28-10-2013 by redoubt because: typo

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

LEO's have asserted that they are above the law. The power they claim is illegitimate.
So while dim bulbs flicker on about forged birth certificates, this is accelerating.

Anonymous you out there? Publish the home address of every LEO and Federal agent in the US.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join