It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians refuse to tip waiter because ‘homosexual lifestyle is an affront to God’

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

the raw story
A group of customers refused to tip their 20-year-old server at a Carraba’s Italian restaurant in Overland Park, KS on the grounds that his homosexuality is “an affront to God.” According to KCTV Fox 19, the server went to the table after the group of customers left and found a note explaining their decision.

“Thank you for your service, it was excellent. That being said, we cannot in good conscience tip you, for your homosexual lifestyle is an affront to GOD. Queers do not share in the wealth of GOD, and you will not share in ours,” said the note. “We hope you will see the tip your queer choices made you lose out on, and plan accordingly. It is never too late for GOD’s love, but none shall be spared for queers. May GOD have mercy on you.”

What the hell? If they really had such a problem with him then they should have requested a different table or waiter. Maybe they are just cheap who knows. However I do see a pattern emerging. It was only a few months ago that a pastor gyped a waitress leaving a note saying they give to god why should they tip their waiter.

If they didn’t want to tip that is one thing but leaving a note like that was completely uncalled for. At least the community has been speaking out in condemnation of their uncouth contemptuous actions.
edit on 25-10-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
How did this make the news?

Anyone could write a note and claim this.

Something smells very fishy....

+12 more 
posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Those bible thumpers are historically cheap. Back in the day I used to wait tables. The fuggers need to cook and serve their own food. Nothing Jesustian about them They make their own rules. Right down to not feeding the poor.

I seriously despise them as a whole.

The right wing conservative "christians" are the worst.
edit on 25-10-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Maybe because FOX19.com-Cincinnati News, Weather reported on it. Do you think they may have fact checked it?

It is in the OP source.

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Because someone finally called them on their crap.

Don't act surprised.

Those people are an affront to the teachings of Jesus.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

muzzleflash

Ive got to say, Im with you on this one.

This is a totally political non-story. Yet another "christian vs gay" rabble rouser.

Ill get the pop corn.

edit on 201310America/Chicago10pm10pmFri, 25 Oct 2013 14:40:45 -05001013 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Who's to say they were really Christians?

Some of the hating I see going on towards those of the Christian faith lately, and the way things are going, this could have very easily been a bunch of Progs pretending they were Christians just to not have to pay a tip and also cause a media stir. Kill two birds with one stone aye! Bernays would be proud if so....

Not saying that there are not some zealots out there that wouldn't do this, but also to say that the propaganda arm of the government seems to be in full force lately!

The hate that is going around is getting out of control no matter what category of belief you want to talk about anymore.....

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Yeah, if they had such a problem with it, they should have requested another table / server; not make the server work hard for them, then not pay him fairly for his work.

Sounds like cheap scumbags, to me, trying to justify their greed.

"Verily, I say unto you, thou shalt treat all homosexuals like crap, make them become as slaves, serving you freely without compensation."

I mean, I guess they were just adhering to this most ancient and wise bible verse. Oh, wait, that's not in the bible. I just made that up. Just like they did. Disgusting.

"Homosexual choices," how ridiculous. Your god made them desire the same sex, just like your god made you desire the opposite sex. Unless you want to claim that you've got some homosexual desire you're ignoring because you're a "good christian." How people can be so utterly stupid is quite baffling to me, sometimes.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Those are NOT CHRISTIANS and the only people who believe these stories are NON Christians. This is such a joke and really just an attack on REAL Christians by fake Christians to make headlines. Christians would never NOT tip someone because of what they see as sin. No WAY. This is done by Christian HATERS for Christian Haters, nothing more nothing less.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

ha ha ha ha.

For the love of gawd don't you dare criticize christian folk. We need to fact check.

But when faux snooze tells a story about the president being the anti-christ, there will be a thread here and four of them on Godlikeproductions.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

“Thank you for your service, it was excellent. That being said, we cannot in good conscience tip you, for your homosexual lifestyle is an affront to GOD. Queers do not share in the wealth of GOD, and you will not share in ours,” said the note. “We hope you will see the tip your queer choices made you lose out on, and plan accordingly. It is never too late for GOD’s love, but none shall be spared for queers. May GOD have mercy on you.”

If there is any truth to this, and it wouldn't surprise me. These folks must have been fundies. I have had waiters and waitresses both tell me how much they hate waiting on the Christians, because they are demanding, condescending, and seldom leave a decent tip, if they leave one at all. The previous are their words, not mine.

There is at least some truth to what they are saying, because I was a fundie, and have spoken my mind to a few of my former brothers and sisters in Christ about their attitude toward the "unsaved heathens". I even preached a sermon on it back in the day. For all the good it did.

So this doesn't surprise me at all.

edit on 10/25/2013 by Klassified because: quotes

edit on 10/25/2013 by Klassified because: Too many adjectives. Unnecessary.

edit on 10/25/2013 by Klassified because: grammar

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

muzzleflash

You beat me to it.
I can't see not tipping someone because they were gay.
Which by the way - how did they know he was gay?
If they didn't tip it because they were too cheap.

Try being a heterosexual artist in NY and see which way the prejudice blows.
( no pun intended - but it is funny after reading it)

edit on 25-10-2013 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

if the sight of this waiter offended them , then maybe they should pluck out their eyes .
after all isn't that what it says in their good book .

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Grimpachi

Maybe because FOX19.com-Cincinnati News, Weather reported on it. Do you think they may have fact checked it?

It is in the OP source.

Fact checked???
More like Fabricate.
Hah!

No names nothing.
Everyone remains anon.

No proof, no facts, nothing but smoke!

Dont get choaked by the FOX's propaganda cloak.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by StopThaZionistWorldOrder

You are a joke. I could spend the day quoting your "christian brethren" on crap that is anathema to christ's teachings.

Go away.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

"Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing."
edit on 25-10-2013 by hknudzkknexnt because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Hm, as an atheist, I'm friend with a christian, who happens to be pro-homosexual. The guys in your OP might not represent the rest of the genuinely christian community.

edit on 25-10-2013 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

muzzleflash

Grimpachi

It is in the OP source.

Fact checked???
More like Fabricate.
Hah!

No names nothing.
Everyone remains anon.

No proof, no facts, nothing but smoke!

Dont get choaked by the FOX's propaganda cloak.

Yeah and dont get stoked, there is no fire, its all smoke,
and mirrors on the wall, facing fools, disgracing all,
embraced in hate, they bite and retaliate,
giving life to the evil, that seeks to deceive all.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
silly. god is an affront to me but i don't persecute those that believe in him. vive la difference.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
How exactly did they know he was gay?

I read the article a few times, if i missed it let me know.

Sexuality profiling?
Over a tip?

What a bunch of a-holes.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join