It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas UFO

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Hey guys, this is a video apparently shot in Texas. I have lived in Texas my entire life and call tell you the landscape seems to be legit. Those are lots of Cedar/Oak trees from the looks of it, and my area of south texas is known for reports of UFOs. I will let the discussion begin!!

edit on 23-10-2013 by Emerys because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Looks like a piece of heavy machinery working at night.

That's my uneducated opinion.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Emerys

I will let the discussion begin!!

It's harvest time .

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Emerys

Very impressive film. What kind of pedigree does this video have? Did you film this?

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Honestly, it kind of looks like the lights on a combine...for harvesting corn & whatnot...

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

I did not film this, I just tend to search the youtube looking for what I feel are not hoaxer vids.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

coldkidc
Honestly, it kind of looks like the lights on a combine...for harvesting corn & whatnot...

I was raised near farms, and I have never seen a combine float across wheat like that. lol

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Emerys

Take a look at this vid, then imagine it behind some trees.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

IAMTAT
reply to post by Emerys

Very impressive film. What kind of pedigree does this video have? Did you film this?

This video or one very much like it (I suspect this one) was posted a while ago and they are harvesters working at night like this .

The UFO tacked on at the end I've seen before and if you listen the dog barking is a loop ... added on so if they've done that the suspicion has to be it's a hoax .

edit on 23-10-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
They look like harvesters.

A crop like canola can only be harvested at night.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

I get where you guys could see it being a combine tractor with lights. But oak/cedar trees in this area are anywhere from 50ft-100+ ft tall. According to this photo below, this combine tractor must be 400ft tall.

edit on 23-10-2013 by Emerys because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Emerys

I don't know about most people but if I believed that to be a 'UFO' then I'd run at it and take pictures later if need be, or just make an ass of myself on a construction site.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Matilda4

Did any of you see the other UFO at the end of the video!?

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Emerys

But oak/cedar trees in this area are anywhere from 50ft-100+ ft tall ,

How do you know that's what they are , don't they have to grow to be that tall and how is the guy filming from that height , they could just as easily be clumps of grass or stalks from whatever is being harvested .

edit on 23-10-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

gortex
reply to post by Emerys

How do you know that's what they are and don't they have to grow to be that tall , they could just as easily be clumps of grass or stalks from whatever is being harvested .

What do I know, I've only lived in Texas my entire life, which means I apparently cannot tell the difference between a tree and clumps of grass or stalks.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

coldkidc

Did you watch the entire video? The last 3rd does not look like any heavy equipment or farm equipment I have ever seen.
I do not know what it is right now, either.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Emerys
reply to post by Matilda4

Did any of you see the other UFO at the end of the video!?

Was it different? I assumed that it was the same craft just viewed higher up.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Emerys
What do I know, I've only lived in Texas my entire life, which means I apparently cannot tell the difference between a tree and clumps of grass or stalks.

Not meaning to get all snippy with you, mate, but you have no idea what elevation that video is shot from and what focal length is used on the camera. It really does look like some terrestrial vehicle. Sorry!

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by evc1shop

Did you watch the entire video? The last 3rd

Is the last 3rd the UFO with lights just hovering in the air ? , listen to the dog ...it was added so you'd think the dog was barking at the UFO when really neither the dog or the UFO were there ...

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Emerys

It's very difficult to use perspective at night to judge distances as well as we do during the day.Hold your index finger a few inches away from your eye and you could cover up the Empire State building with it,giving the false impression that your finger is actually bigger than the famous New York landmark.Because it's dark,you can't use the normal means to measure distance such as parallax error,the lights and the foliage could be any distance away.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join