It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mi Son

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Gonna begin this..as sort of a loosely organized trip plan....research, pics travel route etc...

Dont know alot about mi son..but my dad made it a point to tell me i should go there just before he died.

He fought in Southeast Asia from 69-71 i think. Think he said he visited the ruins...not sure. not that my dad was a super hero or the nicest guy in the world...as most infantrymen from that era are not...

Anyway..wanna throw me some obscure links , history or photos...vids...thatd be pretty cool.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by sikko45

here is a wiki for it. sorta reminds me of Angkor Wat, makes sense seeing how one is in vietnam, the other cambodia and both worshipped the same god Shiva.

Mỹ Sơn

Angkor Wat

edit on 22-10-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

here is a google image page, lots of pictures.

My Son
edit on 22-10-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
start at about 2:28 of the video..

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

Looks like it is also a Unesco site. Can be found at My Son

Cheers - Dave

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by sikko45

Sorry, did you said, "Mi son", or "M ison"?

edit on 22-10-2013 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Your father gave you a very good tip, My Son, its amazing and mysterious history, surrounding towns and villages would please any visitor.

First you will approach the mountains amongst which the My Son temple lays protected on a plateau. The drive to the sanctuary will take you through picturesque villages and the higher you get in the hills, the cool air and smells will delight you.

Despite the poor state of My Son today it still has a powerful presence and has left me in awe.

There are hardly any objects left intact and I found new efforts to rebuild some of the towers more of a nuisance. I liked the local trapping snakes in an old crater.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   

a model of My Son at the Cham Museum in Da Nang

top topics

join