It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Humanity on this planet should discuss Aliens

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
So I know what is up and have the words to express it. Humanity has had contact with life on other planets for centuries, even from the beginning of what we know as the big bang. They were time travellers looking for life to emerge so they could use them for what we know as what is most similar to one big computer where all planets are units of this computer.

The only problem is a group of americans who refuse to give up control of a space ship, or rather a fantasy space ship because it will never become real and the more they use it the more they screw up things for everyone, including the original time travellers which have been found today or rather established contact since no one can say at this time where everyone is except for the person themselves.

I can defuse this situation or not and continue on my own time travel space ship replica of the original planet Earth but I still have a tiny bit of compassion and sympathy left for the Americans. So what is your reply Americans. For other countries, I'll try to answer questions but any disrespect and underestemating will cost compassion and sympathy. Whoever posts first gets it.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Dragonfly79

I for one do believe that there is life out there....and that they have/do visit this planet...also...i believe in the ability to travel in the stream of time....however....i am confused by your post.....can you clarify ?...how do you "use " a ship that is not....nor will ever be....."really"....no disrespect intended

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Humanity has had contact with life on other planets for centuries, even from the beginning of what we know as the big bang.

We haven't had contact since the beginning of the big bang because we , our planet nor our Galaxy were around until well after it happened (or didn't depending on your view)

The only problem is a group of americans who refuse to give up control of a space ship

As much as I like to blame the Americans for a lot of things I don't think they are wholly to blame for the state of this planet , we are all to blame , Governments and people alike .

including the original time travellers which have been found today or rather established contact since no one can say at this time where everyone is except for the person themselves.

no comprendo .

I'll try to answer questions but any disrespect and underestemating will cost compassion and sympathy.

Could you answer the question of how Humanity on this planet should discuss Aliens , I didn't see it in the OP.

Whoever posts first gets it.

Well alrighty then ... Oh seems that was Cogliostro

edit on 22-10-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Once you can establish proof, actual poke it with a stick proof, then, someone might actually listen.

Once seen on a bathroom wall which also pertains to internet forums: "Anyone can write on the bathroom wall, but, it takes a hero to (poop) on the ceiling".

In other words, talk and words is nice and fun and all, but, we're not really trying to hear any of that any more because we've been hearing it all too long, the same or similar stories, and nothing's ever come from it.
Thus, show us the "money".
Poop on the ceiling.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Oh... now this I LOVE !

This thread here is entitled "How Humanity on this planet should discuss Aliens" and I am all for a proper, codified method of discussion. I thought we might be talking about ensuring valid scientific research has pride of place over unfounded speculation, making it possible for serious scientists to start working on these things WITH us, rather than leaving the entire subject at the back of the broom cupboard, because of the damage that being involved with the indigo children and the abductees would do to people who actually have a reputation worth a damn.

BUT OOOOH NO!

Instead this thread seems to be another which advocates a position which roughly equates to...

" Lets just accept things that we cannot prove, as a given, so that the discussion can continue!".

That is RIDICULOUS! The reality of this situation is this. We have MORE than enough discussion on these matters, huge amounts, some of them run for page after page, after page. What we do not have nearly enough of, is properly in depth discussion, between people who do NOT have a pseudo religious belief in aliens, on the subject (and in case you are wondering, by that I mean, people who believe, but have no basis for that belief other than belief itself).

Now, I am not a skeptic. I believe that the case for Alien existence is pretty good, because it is a mathematical improbability that we are alone in the universe, and the probability of there being other life in the universe than our own, increases every time one of our deep space telescopes picks up a likely looking star system, which has planetary bodies in orbit of it. The question of their existence in my view, is settled by the numbers, and we have only to lay eyes on them to confirm it utterly.

However, what I am most concerned with, is that people seem to think that they can prove any of the contact stories, landing stories, abduction reports, sightings, and supposed telepathic contacts, without resorting to good old fashioned science. We MUST rely on science, in this day and age in more than any other, because it is the only language spoken by at least a number of people, representative of every race, creed, colour and religion, and therefore is the only medium through which proof might be accepted by a significant majority of people across the planet.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

You know, I agree with you. We really DO NEED science to tackle this.

But that is not where we are at is it? Instead, people who experience strange and anomalous things ARE ostracized. Not people to involve yourself with if you don't want to be defamed and possibly lose their job, security...life. You might lose your way of life, believing in leprechauns, sprites, aliens, and all other manners of high strangeness.

So even if they are around...and making contact with people in the shadows...

Nothing scientific will come from it when those of that persuasion and bent are more apt to send those no-body "liars, hoaxers, and crazy people" to the psyche ward to get chemically labotamized. Or at the least, ridiculed and insulted until they are silent. Let's fix that connection, and cut the cord! Eh? Seems to me, they are more interested in burying it, and ignoring it. Why? What's there to hide, I wonder?

Yeah, science will take a serious crack at it. Sure. /sarcasm

CdT

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Oh you poor little thing you. Have your Mom take you to a doctor sweety. They can help with stuff like this.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Well how about this , yes they're probably out there but suppose that we are all at the same stage of development. It could be a few more centuries before we have the technology to get to them or they to us.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

...The only problem is a group of americans who refuse to give up control of a space ship, or rather a fantasy space ship because it will never become real and the more they use it the more they screw up things for everyone, including the original time travellers which have been found today or rather established contact since no one can say at this time where everyone is except for the person themselves.

Huh? Is that a single sentence - and one problem? That sounds like a whole bunch of problems all mashed together. Actually, what it sounds like is your venting and ranting at, what? Americans? ATS forum members who are NOT "discussing Aliens" as we "should"?

Your OP was a statement -not a question. You didn't ask us how we should discuss Aliens, you TOLD us, or at least ALLUDED to the idea, that you WOULD tell us, how WE should be discussing Aliens. But you didn't do that. You didn't tell us hardly anything at all.

So how DO YOU propose we SHOULD discuss Aliens? I'm interested in your opinion on this, but I must warn you, neither myself, nor I'm guessing many others, will necessarily agree with you. For one thing, nobody likes to be lectured at and told how they should discuss something -anything. We'll discuss Aliens, or anything else for that matter, as best we can, and hopefully engage in a meaningful discussion that permits greater understanding by all concerned.

IMHO, it's not so much a matter of HOW we discuss Aliens as it is whether such meaningful discussions are occurring whatsoever. Personally, I'd be thrilled, ecstatic even, if the MSM, our global governments (including our woefully inadequate "Americans"), and your average Joe on the street all began discussions about Aliens. In fact, they can discuss them in any manner they wish - I don't suggest we tell them "HOW" to do it - just do it!

Awareness, comprehension, compassion -these are worthy goals. Forcing your dogma or political platitudes upon others and then telling the rest of humanity "HOW" they should think and act is counter-productive. Rather, just follow ATSs lead - encourage healthy dialogue, stay civil, read and learn, respond when you have something meaningful to contribute...

Good luck - and keep looking up!
edit on 10/22/2013 by Outrageo because:

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
That's not right, Aliens aren't disgusting .. oh wait, I thought you were talking about UFN's !!!!!!!
anywy, all the space aliens I know are kind, considerate, and cute, except the ones from Zeta Reticuli, who always seem to be angry and are all big green poopey-heads (No seriously they have huge green heads shaped like a congressman!)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

I can defuse this situation or not and continue on my own time travel space ship replica of the original planet Earth

I vote you continue on your own time travel space ship replica of the original planet Earth and remember to post some video footage from your journey that shows us the aliens you know that thanks to you I now know how to properly discuss by the use of really long drawn out run-on sentences mixed with incoherence like I was really leaning in favor of legalization/decriminalization but now you've given me cause to reconsider.

luvnlyt

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
aliens are in the same category as god or jesus
SHOW ME PHYSICAL EVIDENCE

not lights, shaky videos, or ancient txt of a uneducated historian

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Lil Drummerboy
aliens are in the same category as god or jesus
SHOW ME PHYSICAL EVIDENCE

not lights, shaky videos, or ancient txt of a uneducated historian

Actually, while I agree with the end point of your post, they aren't in the same category (or shouldn't be) and that's the point. If you believe in a God, any God, then the whole point is that you believe through faith - as Douglas Adams once put it, if you had proof of God, then you would no longer need faith and therefore God would cease to exist.

You can't or shouldn't be able to pull the same trick when talking about visitors allegedly here from another planet, that's kind of shifting the rules, isn't it? You can prove or you cannot prove, faith in this matter is nothing other than blind belief.

new topics

top topics

join