It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

General Fact/Investigation Forum?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Hi,

(sorry in advance for my english)

is there a way to make a fact forum for actual discussions where only direct investigation can be posted?

For example right now we have the thread with the house stenographer that appears to get hypnotized.

We dont know who the guy is that seems to stand next to her and there are so many posts that posts get lost easily. We dont know if there is an existing audio out there of the actual speech. We dont know if maybe other people who heard her talking said something to the media..

Is there a way to make an extra forum for discussions like that where for example people could post what they investigated? (like the name of the guy standing next to her, interviews of other congress members about the topic etc etc...=)

I guess this would give many topics a good push. Often facts get lost in the mass of opinions here. A strict forum where opinions are not allowed would really change the dynamic of few topics in a good way. Still discussions can be made in the other forums...

I often really hate it to read 12 pages of opinions that repeat itself, searching for some actual information...

btw: i guess ats does not know it but here in germany i often see one thing. The press is always later than ats here..so my theory is that even in germany they startet to take pages like Ats for researching.... Because the people seem to be a better press than the press itself...finding things etc...

So an actual fact forum would also help the whole movement of "people press" to become more "precise"....

What do you think?

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by kauskau

We pretty much have one, right here.

Research Forum

You need Scholar status to get access to the forum, and it has been a little quiet of late (bout time we rattled some cages), but check out this post and contact via U2U one of the Mods;

Rising Against, Davespanners, Sauron or ADVISOR to be granted Scholar status. Then just put up a request for a project and start posting. All information, no back and forth or differing opinions, just the facts.

Research Forum Member's Page

Scholar Status And You

A Guide To The Research Forum 2013

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

why not create an open forum like that? Researching facts is more effective when everyone can be part of it..

i understand that this could mean more work for moderators (deleting off topic posts more often) ..but it would lift the quality..

In a way the most ats readers switch through threads more to get facts than to get opinions but the structure of the forums dont make this efficient...

Ats one day will be a major research place for the mainstream press (at least in some topics)... we should do the job they are not willing to do.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by kauskau

Simply put, the closed forums are generally held to a higher standard, and those who wish to post must first gain access and then have a project approved before it can be made real. It then puts more of an emphasis on the study element and research element than the regular forums.

My thinking is if they just allowed an open research forum, it would pretty quickly devolve into an out-an-out free for all with little actual research done, and just a lot of arguing back and forth, which would really defeat the purpose of the forum.

From experience I can tell you many hours went into the research projects I have partaken in, as have many others who have put an immense amount of effort into the projects they have worked on. To see that derailed by a couple of posters with one-liners or poorly formed or ignorant answers, well, I would imagine it would make me want to go a little nuts.

These are the two I have taken part in personally, but the research forum is an untapped goldmine of good information.

The Reality Of Global Warming

The Survival Gardening Project

Try your hand. You just may surprise yourself.

edit on 22/10/2013 by 74Templar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I am more talking about a fact forum...not a research forum that needs a certain skill.. There are many topics where people want more facts and dont want to read so much discussions. But i guess you dont understand what i think this board needs..

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by kauskau

There are posts similar to this scattered around the forum which are essentially the content manifestations of what used to be on ATS' homepage. Most people don't realize ATS was not always solely a discussion board, but a general website as well. I think adding a general interests forum is not the best organizational idea. Most people who care to read the material are already active in the forums as it is, and simply put...keeping all of the informational posts in one forum would be a nightmare to try and navigate.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Shugo
reply to post by kauskau

There are posts similar to this scattered around the forum which are essentially the content manifestations of what used to be on ATS' homepage. Most people don't realize ATS was not always solely a discussion board, but a general website as well. I think adding a general interests forum is not the best organizational idea. Most people who care to read the material are already active in the forums as it is, and simply put...keeping all of the informational posts in one forum would be a nightmare to try and navigate.

thats true but the navigation part would not be a problem. One could just "link" the discussion and fact thread and leave the fact investigation thread as a kind of hidden thread of the original post...it would be only visible when clicked and could be linked in the op signature....
There are many ways to make this efficient..

new topics

top topics

join