It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are all the town cop cars now black?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Everyone notices it, some comment and complain.

Its still there, its still ramping up. Can anyone stop it now?

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

BABYBULL24
It's like Germany 1933 right before the Nazi's sunk their teeth into the society - we can either stand up and say no I'm not showing my papers every damn train stop or we can go along with it and say yes "Heil Obama".

Not today or ever am i doing that!

Shows your lack of knowledge of history.
There has no rounding up of political opponents.
There is no forced eugenic sterilization.
There has been no massive public book burnings throughout America.
There has been no Enabling Act making Obama dictator.
There has been no boycott of all Jewish-owned businesses.
And Germany announced they were leaving the league of Nations we have made no announcement to leave the UN.

People say America is like Nazi Germany when they clearly know nothing about the Nazis.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

AlphaHawk
reply to post by coldkidc

So this is what the average cop wears on patrol is it?

Stop with the ignorant fear mongering please, you're showing photos of cops in riot gear, it's meant to intimidate!

Meant to Intimidate?

So, you are OK with Intimidation?

Sounds pretty lowest life-form specimen like to even ACCEPT.. much less applaud or condone

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Shows your lack of knowledge of history.

That's a bit of a broad accusation.

There has no rounding up of political opponents.

A political opponents is only effective when they open their mouth. We have trained the masses to be fed information rather than seeking it on their own. When people can be silenced, through lack of airtime or through a fine tuned smear campaign, you are potentially isolating or imprisoning their voice and actions. Pretty close if you ask me.

There is no forced eugenic sterilization.

There is no more need for forced sterilization anymore because the uninformed gullible masses willingly cause harm to there own bodies through soft kill eugenics. Just as effective but takes more time.

There has been no massive public book burnings throughout America.

Well, again it is how you define the situation. How many revisions do books need to go through, ultimately becoming some hack and slash electronic version, which you know as well as I do is never the same as an original hard copy. Its the e-book revolution. Book burning has turned into the forced digitization and control of information. Yay for wikipedia!

There has been no Enabling Act making Obama dictator.

Obama is his own enabler. He is like the David Blaine of street politics. This is my opinion.

There has been no boycott of all Jewish-owned businesses.

If you can't beat the Jewish population, just convert and become one. Just don't tell anybody. They are a tool of Obama just as we are a tool of theirs. If you can't slow their steam train down, hijack it and point it in the direction you want it to go.

And Germany announced they were leaving the league of Nations we have made no announcement to leave the UN.

Why leave the UN now? They have become just as corrupt if not worse. They help usher in everything I just said above.

People say America is like Nazi Germany when they clearly know nothing about the Nazis.

I believe you are splitting hairs and not reading between the lines. The new Nazi Germany is alive and well, with a new agenda and a new fresh coat of paint. A little bit of blue mixed with some red and white.

There is some truth to what he or she is saying. Just put on your reading glasses and take off those rose colored ones.

And again, this is my interpretation.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I really don't know about most towns and the answer to this one, but in our town it was actually an easy answer.. they got a deal from ford on a bunch of cars that would have been sold as livery vehicles and they were black, however, they ran out of money to mark them until this year, as they have been getting funds in, they have been putting all the blue and white decals on the cars..

At least here it wasn't anything nefarious, just a lack of money..

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
My local cops in a town of about 5500-6000 in the last 5 or so years have switched from what police uniforms used to be like to combat uniforms. They wear black combat boots, black combat cargo pants tucked into the boots, black tight t-shirts, a black baseball cap and their badge hanging around their neck. Their fleet of cars is 6 Chargers, 2 Ford Explorers (1 is K9 Unit), 1 Ford Expedition and 1 Ford F-150. They are all either black and white or all black. And the force is no more than 10-12 cops.
The highlight of the current cops days are they have their own room at the local walmart and the guy that gets that job gets to stay in the walmart room all day hoping for a shoplifter and gets to leave his car on all day so it is either cool or warm depending on the time of year.
When I was growing up here the town was about the same size, there were no more than 6 cops on the force, they had 3 cop cars and dressed like a normal police officer.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by RickKilgannon

the uniform changes goes along with decreasing cost. Both the initial uniform expense along with the maintenance/cleaning.

Typical service blouse requires dry cleaning. The cover (hat) is much more expensive than a $30 ballcap. Trousers?
wearing those poly's all day, not comfy. I had to wear the same type in the usmc, the service dress green.

If I was given the option? cotton blend ripstop cargo all day, every day. Comfortable, much better range of motion, durable and easy to maintain and clean.

edit on 20-10-2013 by HanzHenry because: spelling

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I didn't think anything of it when I saw it but the other day here in Portland Or, I saw three brand new black Suv's with tinted windows. No plates, plastic wrap still on the rear windshield, sure enough all three flip on there sirens and take off to pull someone over.

Though it was over kill 3 under cover SUV's for a traffic stop, makes much more sense if they are now patrol units.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

MrSpad
Black has always been a traditional color of police cars. Thus the term black and whites.

Yeah, back in the 1960's. Most police cars these days are white. It's the highway patrol who have always been called Black and Whites. Just saying. ~$heopleNation

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

dragonridr
You obviously dont know police officers very well i suggest you go meet some have a drink. They arent some foreign army and have family and friends in there neighborhood. They would no more tolerate this crackdown you fear then you would.In fact most of the officers i know would be out front leading the charge to stop it officers tend to be very self reliant comes with the job. Trust me when i say if there was a plan to take over the first ones they would go after is the police. If you see them being rounded up then worry.
edit on 10/20/13 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

Sadly, these good officers are being culled by both police forces and the military. DHS now holds training for local police departments, and they're taking notes on anyone who balks at the subject matter being taught--like that Christians and veterans are a major threat, and that the founding fathers were terrorists.

Needless to say, those officers whose names get noted down as resisting the change are slated for non-promotion/termination.

Nobel Prize nominee Jim Garrows also has an interesting (read: disturbing) perspective on this. One of his high-level military sources is now saying that Obama's litmus test for ranking officers in the military is whether they'll obey an order to fire on americans.

Scary times we're living in. I suggest everyone makes efforts to take care of themselves--stocking up on food, water, medicine, and ammo--because from the look of things, you won't enjoy the "care" this government is ready to provide for us.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by BABYBULL24

Here in Hampton VA they are white. In neighboring Newport News they are white a d across the water in Norfolk they are white as well. Ours used to be a sky blue . Very easy to spot. Now they are white Chevies, Harder to to spot.

edit on 20-10-2013 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Perfectly stated by the guy in the video. We are doing the same thing we did in Iraq...creating and building an army. We're attaching units and standardizing all the equipment. No one sees this. What can we do about it? Probably nothing at this point until it's too late. Then there will be a revolution and worse of all is that we may have an opportunistic enemy take advantage of our unrest with either a limited nuclear strike or an invasion of a territory etc such as Hawaii or Alaska. something tactical like that. Just a thought. and while we're busy fighting ourselves we won't be able to stop them.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

HanzHenry
reply to post by RickKilgannon

the uniform changes goes along with decreasing cost. Both the initial uniform expense along with the maintenance/cleaning.

Typical service blouse requires dry cleaning. The cover (hat) is much more expensive than a $30 ballcap. Trousers?
wearing those poly's all day, not comfy. I had to wear the same type in the usmc, the service dress green.

If I was given the option? cotton blend ripstop cargo all day, every day. Comfortable, much better range of motion, durable and easy to maintain and clean.

edit on 20-10-2013 by HanzHenry because: spelling

Yes, but - and i hope you'll forgive the product placement - when you have duty uniforms from, say, 511, for instance, that are poly/cotton blend, offer the same range of motion you get with a BDU, and don't require special cleaning, why would a police department not want to at least TRY to maintain the traditional police aesthetic?

Patrol is supposed to be immediately distinguishable from SWAT...

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   

AlphaHawk
reply to post by abe froman

Just so that we're clear here, you're saying that the US is becoming fascist and the evidence of this is black police cars.

now you're being deliberately dense...

black cars is not the ONLY indication...it's a clue, but it's not the most important one....

it's just one of the changes that seems to go along with the continuing militarization of our police...

THAT'S what he was referring to when he mentioned the fascist encroachment
edit on 20-10-2013 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Milcons wear black shirt with tan jeans, typically

And their vans typically, Black too.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

The police cars in my area have been going unmarked the past few years. They're not black, they're actually pretty colorful. They all have dark tinted windows though so it's hard to see the lights they have behind the windsheilds and back glass. They're using some pretty unusual vehicles though, I even saw a red metallic Chevy Equinox. The officers themselves that drive those cars are going plain-clothes now, to make it much harder to determine who's police and who's not until they light you up and get out of the car. There's still plenty of white marked cars that the county sheriff's department uses.
edit on 20-10-2013 by Aldakoopa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by coldkidc

I'm not suggesting anyone take me up on this and test this, but the easiest way to inflict intense suffering on people wearing this type of combat armor is to use bathtub napalm , Vaseline and gasoline, used in a Molotov cocktail. You have to realize that local police departments are very small groups of people compared to a couple hundred million pissed off citizens, this conversation had been had over and over again any attempted martial law in this country would be met with a resistance that they would never be able to overcome, we have already seem one million bikers descend on Washington, how many truckers , how many vets all descend on Washington. Let's take for example one million pissed off bikers armed with guns, chains,knives, and Molotov cocktails all descending on the white house is about what is going to happen the minute Obama fires on the first US citizen. It doesn't matter what small military contingent Obama has at the white house it will look like that scene in the movie World War Z where the zombies climbed over the wall in Israel. It would not even matter where in the US or world Obama went to anyone who supported him or his policies will be chopped into little pieces and burned to dust.we have already seen that the citizens of this country will literally pick up Obama's barricades and dump them at his front door, personally I can't believe that the entire president and congress hadn't already left knowing that even military personnel will turn on them. But the way I think it's going to go down is that when that giant mob shows up at the white house and capitol to take them into custody or execute them whichever the mob decides on, I think one of his own bodyguards are going to get real scared seeing that mob coming after them and his own bodyguards will execute him to save their own lives.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Yes I have noticed that they have been upgrading, and becoming one bland unilateral force, right down to there gear, uniforms, and everything else. I seen a few of the new black cars today even, most people would not even notice that a few months ago they were all white and black standard cop cars you would see around. But first it was one or two, and some years latter there pretty much standard. Were it will all lead and will it be ultimately sinister? Who knows eh. But I suppose the populous will eventually see.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I grew up in Seattle so I always thought cop cars were supposed to be that weird blue and never understood the term Black and White until one day I Googled it.

I just did some more Googling, OP is this your source?, Link

The more I looked into it, the less ominous it seemed. Some departments are stating visibility (esp. areas that get snow), some are saying they basically let the officers vote and pick the color and it's boosted morale, some are saying it was a suggestion from Homeland Security. Some departments have also witnessed a change in public perception, with citizens asking if a bunch of new cops have been hired.

I get how it being suggested by Homeland Security makes some of you nervous, but I am actually all for having cop cars more standardized. Homeland Security suggest Black AND White, both. This is a little bit of an outlandish comparison, but imagine all the police departments choosing what color lights they used. Red and green, blue and orange... It makes sense to have the police identifiable as possible. If I was driving along and a red Crown Vic tried to pull me over they would get a middle finger and I would be on the phone with 911 on my way to a police station. Make them standardized and theirs less worry of getting pulled over by a fake cop, which I assume we've all heard about. Also when they stand out, it helps to deter crime.

Black is one of the standard colors that you don't have to pay extra for. It also contrasts really well with white. So a department saves money on the initial purchase, and the subsequent costs associated with putting on the 'Police' decals. It's cheaper to have the doors and hood painted white then have the whole thing painted blue, and it still gives a lot of visibility.

If anything we should embrace all cop cars looking the same and being black and white. They use black and white where I live, mixed with some UC vehicles and some that are blue (the new Chargers are a dark blue). It is SO much easier to spot a black and white when you're out galavanting around. I'm REAL good at spotting cop cars in all variants, but even people who don't know a thing about cars can recognize a black and white cruiser way before blue etc...

I realize you're talking about all black. That to me seems stupid for the most part (not you, all black). You don't want all the cars to be highly obvious, but you still need traffic cars to be very visible. One obvious cop car parked on the side of the street is going to slow a lot more people down than one UC giving out a few tickets. It's also negating the worry about Homeland Security since Homeland Security wants Black AND White, not just black. Departments may not have the funds for the new paint scheme, the officers may think it looks badass (and it does) or perhaps you're just noticing them more often because they stand out to you. Before I got my car I never really noticed others like it. Now I get waved at by everyone that drives the same thing, and we intentionally all park next to each other (it's a weird community).

This has also been tied into the militarization of LE. I get that too, and also take issue with some of what I see. What I don't take issue with are cops wearing dark clothing, tactical pants, baseball hats and even t-shirts. I've been on a number of ride alongs, and I got uncomfortable in khakis and a polo shirt. It is not comfortable sitting in a car all day, and even less comfortable when you have to move fast in clothing that's made to look respectable but lacks any respect for your freedom of movement/sweating/etc. The dark colors make a heck of a lot of sense too. They don't stain as easily, and cops are exposed to a LOT of nastiness and dirt even on a routine day. Seriously, if you were a cop would rather be dressed in some comfy nylon pants, a t-shirt and baseball hat or crisp hideous pants that cause you to sweat and restrict movement? Wear a vest for a few hours and I guarantee you'd appreciate a little leniency in the dress code.

TL;DR, good points, but there are more practical reasons to shifts in dress/cars than there are nefarious ones.

The only thing I really dislike about black on cop cars is that black is a pain in the ass to keep looking good. Make 'em flat black so you can rattle can the scratches and dents. I may know someone who uses this site that did a brief stint with a body shop when he was in CC that contracted with the Sherifs dept. and got irritated when the cars came in with minimal damage... Also with most of the cars being pig styes (HA). At least he was the shop biotch and got to go pick them up and drive them back. Driving a cop car on the Freeway (Interstate for the rest of you) is pretty fun so I hear.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by AlphaHawk

The standardisation couldn't possibly be due to multiple government departments bulk buying gear and uniforms in an effort to reduce costs could it? No of course not, that reasoning isn't filled with hate and fear.

The uniforms are meant to intimidate. Although the thread seems to focus on the cars being black, or all cars being black, or the fact that more cars appear to be black, the video seems to focus more on the gear and dress of the LEO's--which most certainly has been changing, becoming more and more intimidating.

I'm a good person with nothing to hide, but even I feel intimidated when I find myself in the presence of LE. I've never been arrested and don't wish to get personal in here, but I have good reason to feel as I do. My neighbor is in LE (& military), and I have a family member in LE, and though I feel comfortable around them, my comfort doesn't extend beyond that to the rest of LE, and for good reason.

The argument you have with the OP is mostly semantics in my view. LE are becoming more militarized and whether that saves the depts. money or not, I'm certain that isn't the reason for the changes we are witnessing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join