It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UGH new ATS not letting me on ...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I don't know why but since the new ATS site I have not been able to up load pictures or get in the chat room...

My java is up to date; I have cleared my cookies and cache but to avail... this is frustrating .... for a novice like me ....

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by fnpmitchreturns

I just noticed that since I logged in I am not using https prefix... does this have anything to do with it?

Mitch

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Which browser are you using, on what device, and what operating system? Those might help us diagnose your problems better.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

I have not been able to up load pictures

It is a little different. The down arrow in a white circle to the upper right ( next to "logout") will drop down a menu displaying "upload".

In there is your library and a little "upload" symbol upper left. Thats where you can select a pic from your library or upload a new one from your browser.

Does that help?

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
: )
edit on 19-10-2013 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

my operating sys is crappy Vista and I am using IE 9

I really don't like google and I don't know much about mozilla or what ever it is ....

I tried to add you to my trusted site list but could not ..... because of the https issue

thank You

Mitch

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I can get into the upload section ... choose a file with browse but nothing happens when I press the ok or upload button ... ????

don't know why but it seems lke it should but won't

thank you,

Mitch

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

I see a moderator is on this, I'll hang back and let him help you.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

These are the most likely cause of any computer issues you have/had/will have.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

As far as I know, ATS has never used HTTPS. There are programs and add-ons you can use to encrypt your connection between you and ATS.

As far as your other problem, if you've updated your Java, updated your Adobe Flash, and also cleared your history, cookies, etc., and are still having the same problems, then your issue might be with IE itself. If there's an option to reset IE, you could try that.

Your best bet is to download and install Firefox browser. It's faster and smoother than IE. And it doesn't hurt to have multiple browsers installed to troubleshoot issues such as this.

I have a feeling if you install Firefox, your problems will be gone.

P.S.> You might want to make sure that your computer is not blocking Flash or Java. Like ad-blockers, script blockers, firewalls, antivirus, etc.

edit on 19-10-2013 by _BoneZ_ because: sp

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Everyone's experience and opinions are welcome. The more the merrier.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Thank You Bonz

Mitch

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

fnpmitchreturns
reply to post by _BoneZ_

I really don't like google and I don't know much about mozilla or what ever it is ....

I tried to add you to my trusted site list but could not ..... because of the https issue

thank You

Mitch

Oh man I feel for you. Not only are you stuck on two of the most horrible things in the world (vista and ie9) but having to put up with issues that are kinda by design would be infuriating.

google wont hurt if you're just searching for something. Don't fret. Mozilla - Firefox is a browser, jumps and leaps better than IE9, but at this point, is likely to solve the problems, but it is different.

I'd suggest once you sort out the problems on ATS, upgrade your browser. Go to the mozilla website - www.mozilla.org... - and get firefox and install that, you can still use IE9 if you want and you can uninstall Firefox if you need.

And somehow I'd get someone you trust to help you upgrade your OS.

Depending on your PC specifications, you should be able to run a newer OS without problems. In fact if you're running vista, you can run 7 or 8 and it will be a heck of a lot better. I'd go with 7, as it is closer to the look and feel of vista... as close as you can get going forwards anyway.

I only suggest that as vista.. is kind of like the blister on your thumb as you're trying to ride a bike. Always on your mind, a constant pain, and when it bursts, it's messy.

Someone will come along and suggest some variant of linux no doubt. I'm a big proponent of linux but I don't sugar coat it and I know it's failings. And you'd do no good there, yet.

All you want is to use your current set up and get on with it.

But I'd say try using Firefox. It would be far more compatible with the website now than IE9. IE has had some failures over the years, some improvements, but for me it's still hit and miss.

I think firefox would sort you for now.

worth a try. can't hurt as long as you go to the website I linked. You don't need to add anything to anything, just go there and download the latest. It might ask you on first run if you want to set it as the default browser, say no until you are sure you want to use it. That way IE remains the default web browser.

tl;dr. What Bonez said

edit on 19-10-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   

I agree with the advice many have given you here- switch to Mozilla Firefox. Years ago I tried it on the advice of a friend and I have never looked back since. IE is nothing but junk and a resource hog! Don't be skeert!

new topics

top topics

join