It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Transgender" boy accused of harassing girls in the restroom

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Colorado law has made it illegal to discriminate against anyone based on their sexual orientation or sexual identification resulting in some schools being forced to allow boys who identify themselves as transgendered to be allowed to use the girl's restrooms in schools.

In one school where this has happened, the girls have complained the "boy" has made harassing comments to them in the restroom but that the school administration has ignored their pleas and has threatened them with disciplinary action for complaining.

Nightmare: Teen Boy Harasses Girls in Their Bathroom, Colo. School Tells Girls They Have No Rights

“This is a nightmare scenario for the teenage girls—some of them freshmen—and their parents at this school,” noted PJI staff attorney Matthew McReynolds, who sent the letter to Principal Brian Schipper and Superintendent Rhonda Vendetti. “This is exactly the kind of horror story we have been warning would accompany the push for radical transgender rights in schools, and it is the type of situation that LGBT activits have been insisting would not happen.”

Parents at the school, located near Colorado Springs, became irate when they learned that a teenage boy was entering girls’ bathrooms and, according to some students, even making sexually harassing comments toward girls he was encountering. When the parents confronted school officials, they were stunned to be told the boy’s rights as a self-proclaimed transgender trumped their daughters’ privacy rights. As the controversy grew, some students were threatened by school authorities with being kicked off school athletic teams or charged with hate crimes if they continued to voice concerns. The parents became aware of PJI’s Notice of Reasonable Expectation of Privacy and contacted PJI for help.

The letter sent today by PJI explains that the non-transgender students retain significant privacy rights that are being ignored by the school. The letter also points out that Florence High has not taken minimal precautions such as requiring the student to continuously and exclusively identify with one gender. According to student witnesses, he sometimes uses girls’ bathrooms and other times uses boys’ facilities.

Pacific Justice Institute

Some are claiming the story is a hoax, saying that school administrators have denied any complaints by girls or parents.

However, after the story hit news outlets around the world, transgender activists cried foul, arguing that the only basis for the story was the original press release by PJI announcing they had sent the letter, and that when one of them called school superintendent Rhonda Vendetti to investigate the situation, the superintendent claimed there had been no harassment.

Life Site News

However, local news outlets tell a different story; the school administration is refusing to comment because there is an ongoing police investigation going on into the matter.

Transgender case under investigation at Florence High School

Florence-Penrose School District Superintendent Rhonda Vendetti said the district was advised by lawyers not to comment about the specifics of the case because it is under investigation by law enforcement. However, she did release a comment Tuesday to the Daily Record.

"We are committed to providing a fair and equal education to all students at Florence High School," she said.

Daily Record
Gazzette

There must be something to the complaints if the local police are looking into it. Unless the school is making good on its threats to charge complainers with hate crimes.

This was bound to happen with schools opening the doors to the girls room to anybody who claims they identify as the opposite sex. Eventually some horny guy would use the law to get a peek inside the girl's room. The fact that this "transgender" kid can't remember to be consistent and uses the boy's and girl's restrooms as he pleases should be an indication that he's not really committed to his so called "gender identification".

IMO, until he gets his junk cut off, common sense should prevail and he should be made to use the boy's restroom like every other guy out there.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

FortAnthem
IMO, until he gets his junk cut off, common sense should prevail and he should be made to use the boy's restroom like every other guy out there.

I agree with your statement. But since it seems like this is some kind of law, why can't the school just designate a bathroom for transgenders, seems like a no-brainer?

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I think it is pointless to report on this story (not you OP, I mean the source of the article) unless they actually KNOW what is going on in the bathroom, and it appears they don't.

The ONLY reason I would see ANY media source picking this up, is to stir more BS, or because someone has some anti-gay, anti-transgender agenda up their sleeve.

The problem with this story is, we have no IDEA what is going on. Is the transgender boy/girl really harassing the girls (and why would he do that? what purpose would it serve?) or are the girls angry that a "boy" is using the same bathroom as them, and therefore stirring the pot, trying to get him in trouble? Without knowing anything more than what the article says, I'm going to assume the girls are just trying to get him in trouble - based on what I've seen during my own years at high school.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
There may be less to this story than meets the eye.

The Daily Mail article has since been taken down, but the original post relied on the reporting of the Christian Broadcasting Network (CBN), which initially broke the story.

According the school's superintendent, however, CBN's story is based on the complaint of a parent opposed to allowing transgender students to use appropriate bathroom facilities - not on any actual reported incidents of harassment.

ripley8.newsvine.com...

right-wing commentators, and especially Fox News personalities, have been desperate to promote the myth that equal treatment for transgender students will increase rates of sexual abuse in schools

More to the point, one option would be to make the toilets completely private inside the restrooms.
edit on 18-10-2013 by tanda7 because: more privacy

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
For people who just want to be seen as equal, they sure do get a lot of special treatment.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Ragnarokkr

Yeah: A no-brainer you would think. But apparently it makes high-school life a lot more exciting to put idiots in charge. It's been the same at least as far back as when I was a high-school kid in the '60s. And, from what I've been told, my parents before that. It seems to be some kind of immutable cosmic law that puberty is never difficult enough; it has to be exacerbated by irremediable petty jackasses.

At least that's my theory....

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

I warmly welcome anyone and everyone to find their true selves. Be it male, female, transgendered or other. However, one thing that irks me is that even though someone may be transgendered, they're still born one sex. If you have a penis, you have nothing in a women's/girls bathroom to do and vice versa.

It's not discrimination, it's common sense. This is why I'm against the over usage of political correctness. If the person would have gone through a sex change, it would be an entirely different matter.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by tanda7

Believe me, when I found this story on LSN I was skeptical. I've been burned many times by their tendency to not do fact checking. Only after I found local news sources backing up the allegations did I make this thread.

The thing that bothers me is the unconditional support this kid is getting from the transgender community. If this really IS some perv using a fake transgender designation to peek at girls, he will do more to undermine their movement than any religious nut ever could.

People on both sides need to be skeptical in these matters. If they blindly support this kid and he does turn out to be a perv, their blind support of him will be used to further the narrative that granting transgender rights is dangerous to society.

Sure, the girls could be lying and not happy about a boy being in their restroom. Who could blame them? But, you also have to consider the possibility that some jerk is using this whole thing to get some cheap thrills and the damage he can do to the whole transgender movement if found out.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
A teenage boy who thinks he wants to be a girl--undoubtedly supported by a 2 mama parentage--and is now harassing girls like a normal boy would? Hope they haven't removed his external equipment before the hormones kick in and he realizes he's male.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Yeah obviously something is going on.

I agree with all you just wrote.
I try to imagine a boy who would go through the trouble and stigma issues just to get a peek at girls in the bathroom, it doesn't make sense. Of course that does not mean it couldn't happen.

As a male student at that school I may be just as concerned about sharing the bathroom with a boy who was genuinely having gender issues. If he's genuine, boys will be uncomfortable with him in the restroom, if he's not genuine, then he's a problem in the girls room.

What to do?
I agree that as long as you have the plumbing you should use the appropriate facilities.
I have seen washrooms that were unisex and the toilets were behind doors, but not in a high school.

On this issue it will be very difficult to please everyone.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Let me guess. He was a guy who now thinks he is a lesbian female.

When was that rocket for a one way trip to Mars leaving?

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Use the men's washroom, get beat up.

Use the women's washroom, get yelled at.

There's no way to win. -.-

Look, just because I have a dick, doesn't mean I'm going to rape every bare vagina in my proximity. However, I cannot speak for everyone. There are always rotten s***bags in every demographic, as well as people exploiting the system like I suspect this horny teen boy might be doing.

If I walk into a men's restroom while wearing a skirt at the wrong time, I could have my head smashed in, or even be raped myself. So if I'm done up like a lady, I'm definitely using the girl's room. It'd be nice if I could do so without getting a face full of mace, or an angry lecture, possibly being ejected from whatever establishment I'm visiting etc. I don't mind getting weird looks but those other things can really ruin one's day.

So, what's the best solution that works for everyone? You know those handicap-accessible 1-toilet washrooms, equipped with changing tables and such, why not just have at least one of those in every public building? Complete privacy is a wonderful thing. I don't much like sharing a room with a bunch of men OR women when I'm relieving myself.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Auricom

I warmly welcome anyone and everyone to find their true selves. Be it male, female, transgendered or other. However, one thing that irks me is that even though someone may be transgendered, they're still born one sex. If you have a penis, you have nothing in a women's/girls bathroom to do and vice versa.

It's not discrimination, it's common sense. This is why I'm against the over usage of political correctness. If the person would have gone through a sex change, it would be an entirely different matter.

Meh, if you have a "girl" that has a penis, but looks like a dead ringer for a girl, you all'd be complaining "she" shouldn't be using the boys bathroom.

Make a no gender bathroom with private stalls. Plenty of places this kind of thing works...

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Been true or now I still can no understand how a school system will allow a boy in a girls restroom, please and leave the transgender scam and crap out of it.

The same way that girls do not belong in boys bathroom, is common sense you either have a vagina or a penis, plain and simple unless extensive invasive surgery has been performed to change the sex.

I am so sick and tired of the charade of rights or no rights depending what you feel today to be leaning too.

Get the confuse students their own darn restroom.

edit on 18-10-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by goochball

That is often the problem people holler equality but really are wanting special treatment.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Hmm.

Now I've done a lot of talking about transgender rights and how more attention is needed in those areas, especially for youth.

That being said, I dunno how I feel about the whole bathroom thing. I asked my kids and they said they wouldn't have any problems so long as there was a level of respect there. Then again, you gets raised by two dad's and your outlook on life is going to be a bit more tolerant overall I suppose.

I think, even though these kids need help in trying to work through those very complex emotions, in a very tough time in their lives, a compromise needs to be struck.

The educational system is not a venue appropriate for a child struggling with those issues and to just create blanket inclusion policies that end up having real life impacts on students who don't understand, and who really aren't equipped emotionally or mentality to even deal with such things when it comes to their peers, I don't think is the right answer.

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Perhaps they need to be HerAssed.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
If you have XX genetics, you are female.

If you have XY genetics, you are male.

"Transgender" does not exist in our current frame of technological reference, and until you can flip X's into Y's and vice versa, your born-with chromosomes will determine who you physically are, and THATS what bathrooms are based on... your physical bodies gender.

All this ultra PC # is just ridiculous at this point. If it wasnt so pathetic, it would be laughable.

edit on 10/18/2013 by CaticusMaximus because: grammar

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Ragnarokkr

My nephew is a bartender in DC and he said some person claiming they are transgendered came into their bar and used the women's bathroom. When my nephew told this person to instead use the Unisex bathroom (there are 3 bathrooms in the establishment: 1 women's, 1 men's, 1 unisex) he was met with a barrage of threats of discrimination, harassment, getting sued, etc. My nephew said he was okay with repercussions and told the person to go to the police if they had any issues with it. The person then left threatening to get the police but never came back.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I highly doubt the kid was actually harassing girls in the bathroom. Sounds like BS and an awful lot of trouble to go through.

I also don't doubt that many of the girls are highly uncomfortable having a transgender person in their bathroom. I'm uncomfortable around transgender people. Of course I think everyone should be treated equally and with respect, and fully admit my uncomfortableness most likely stems from ignorance.

I completely understand why women would be incredibly uncomfortable. I get that gender and sex are two different things, but let's keep the penises in one bathroom.

Are we supposed to start making homosexuals pee in the other genders bathroom? Is it about what you see, or what gets your motor going or what? Oftentimes transgender people are also gay, which is confusing. So females should be comfortable letting someone with male anatomy in the bathroom because they identify as a woman, but are also aroused by women... It just seems like there is no good answer except for having gender neutral bathrooms available along with normal bathrooms for people who are uncomfortable. Just make the damn stall walls higher and lower and keep yourself clothed when not in one.

I feel bad for transgender people. I don't doubt that some do it for attention as people will do just about anything for it, but I highly doubt the vast majority are doing it for special treatment/attention whoring. I think they should be aware that they make others uncomfortable, and while that may be a hard pill to swallow, other people's feelings matter too.

I would personally be pretty happy to get rid of urinals. I think we've all had that weirdo who sidles up next to you and starts a conversation when there's a full wall open. And the anti splash dance where you start out far back then have to mosey your way closer when the pump starts winding down. I will miss the bullseyes, but those can be incorporated into normal toilets.

<<   2 >>

join