It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Tea Party...Why are they so Dangerous?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
There are many you see on the boob tube that claim to be in the TP and they may be but what these few individuals believe does not make up the thoughts of ALL Tea Partiers.
I am a Christian and I would PROUDLY stand beside anyone who has this nations best interest at heart.
Be they black, white, gay or straight. Whether they believe in the God of the bible, or atheist. I am not man's judge and jury.
There are all kinds of people in the TP. You won't see them because that would be counterproductive of the MSM and this administration.
My advice to those of you whom have an issue with the TP is to seek out the true TP. You just might be surprised at what you find.
AlienScience likes to say "people are stupid" I think many people are sheep. They will follow blindly to the slaughter any that the MSM tell them to.

A very sad state of affairs,
Quad

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I'll say this much, all the people who supported the original TP that I now? They're good people. I just hate the people who have been put in office as part of the party, since most of them seem insane. Oh, I do have something for my Tea Party friends though, which might be new to some of you. news.slashdot.org... 08/a-ray-of-hope-for-americans-and-scientific-literacy

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Dfairlite

I agree. Think about it....if not for the TP, I doubt even those sequester cuts EVER happen. Does any think either of the major parties would have the political willpower to ever be the one that would run on "I cut your benefits and all other govt functions" ? Both sides were looking for a way to not even cut the 2.4% that the sequester cut.

Government need to shrink, not expand, certainly they need to get by on smaller budgets. Regardless of the level of new revenues taxed on people, the budget is out of whack by about a Trillon. The majority of the work is to been done on paring those budget priorities down, not figuring out mores ways to tax us. The cuts and yes, the new taxes (there will have to be some, even if just short term), will be painful for everyone, no one should feel good about any of it. We have dug ourselves a big financial problem (already massively in debt , with interest rates having to eventually rise along with a bunch of unfunded or should I say underfunded mandates looming in a few decades time.

Everyone needs to feel SOME pain, so we don't ever screw things up like this again.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Before starting this thread I looked at the Tea Party's Platform

Yes, so have I, and it doesn't sound too bad on paper. But the Tea Party has too many problems to count, the biggest of which is that what they really want isn't on paper. They want an extreme right, theocratic society that outlaws everthing except for their religion (which is a corrupted version of christianity). They also want to marginalize or get rid of all minorities, especially intellectuals, liberals, environmentalists, gay people, etc.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by CB328

I don't remember that coming up in any of the Tea Party rallies I attended.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by CB328

Cmon CB, do at least some third party, objective research. DENY IGNORANCE. Search outside your normal referance tools.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

Because they're a fake grassroots organization that actually does the bidding of the Koch Brothers, Freedomworks and The Heritage Foundation once they get elected. They pull in people who might otherwise support actual outsider candidates and instead you end up with candidates controlled by elites as usual.

The shutdown happened because the Koch brothers wanted it to happen, not because it was good for anyone but elites.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   

CB328

Yes, so have I, and it doesn't sound too bad on paper. But the Tea Party has too many problems to count, the biggest of which is that what they really want isn't on paper. They want an extreme right, theocratic society that outlaws everthing except for their religion (which is a corrupted version of christianity). They also want to marginalize or get rid of all minorities, especially intellectuals, liberals, environmentalists, gay people, etc.

You really need to move out of "Hateville".
All because you seem full of hate does not mean everyone is.
I live in SC (oh no! The dreaded south!) And know many people of different colours who identify with the TP.
Spread your hate and fear elsewhere my friend.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   

evictiongnostic

Because they're a fake grassroots organization that actually does the bidding of the Koch Brothers, Freedomworks and The Heritage Foundation once they get elected. They pull in people who might otherwise support actual outsider candidates and instead you end up with candidates controlled by elites as usual.
The shutdown happened because the Koch brothers wanted it to happen, not because it was good for anyone but elites.

And this my friends is why ALL radical liberal media need to be forced to have warnings and disclaimers.

WARNING: What you are about to see/hear may make you partially brain dead.

SIDE EFFECTS:
(If you have any of the following please contact your nearest Animal Control as soon as possibe).
Harshness
Bitterness
Overactive imagination
Prone to spread falsehoods
Hate towards anyone who does not agree with your way of thinking
Start acting like a sheep (BAAAA!)
Can not think for yourself
Believe everything your told
Fear of shears

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   

AngryCymraeg So who's the Democrat equivalent of Michelle "bats in the belfry" Bachmann?

Nancy Pelosi

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

Nancy , fifth round of scotch, Pelosi has her beat by a galaxy,.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

CB328

LOL. That is untrue and unfounded.

Here, I can make up # too: the democrats secret agenda is to put all Christians into re-education camps. It does not matter that what they really want isn't on paper--they really want to throw Christians to the lions. They want an Orwellian state controlled dictatorship...they just don't come out an say it.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   

evictiongnostic

Meh, and MoveOn and many of the leftist organizations are really bankrolled and the political arm of billionaire George Soros and you are just doing his bidding and Soros actually runs the White House. (See how silly that sounds?)

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

olaru12

Dfairlite

I don't get the obsession leftists have with the Koch brothers. It's like they believe if they say those words, they automatically win. News flash: you don't.

It's not just the leftists that have a problem with the Koch brothers. We libertarians see thru their transparent agenda of Corporate fascism and actually trying to restrict Americans freedoms; their use of the Tea Party to further their agenda is despicable.

News flash....read this...

www.americanprogressaction.org...

I'll stay with the libertarians...I'd rather go back to the GOP than join the TP.
edit on 20-10-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

LMAO, you do realize that one of the koch brothers was the libertarian presidential candidate back in the 80's right? So you libertarians hate other libertarians? and the tea party? I don' think you even know what a libertarian is.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

marg6043
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Did I misunderstood dawel, because I agree with him only because Palin was one of those that infiltrated the Tea party and turned into caca.

If that post mean that those two are to pair up for election, I will only say HELL NO. he,he.

No you took it exactly how I meant it. I agree with you that some of the ideas of the tea party were spot on and what we need. However it didn't happen that way and now the tea party is the Fox News created, looney farm.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   

olaru12

I don't get the obsession leftists have with the Koch brothers. It's like they believe if they say those words, they automatically win. News flash: you don't.

It's not just the leftists that have a problem with the Koch brothers. We libertarians see thru their transparent agenda of Corporate fascism and actually trying to restrict Americans freedoms; their use of the Tea Party to further their agenda is despicable.

News flash....read this...

www.americanprogressaction.org...

I'll stay with the libertarians...I'd rather go back to the GOP than join the TP.
edit on 20-10-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

Straight from your source:
The Koch brothers’ issue agenda
A list of the top policy issues in which the Koch brothers are engaged
Issue Koch brothers fighting?

Repealing health reform Yes
Denying climate change Yes
Fighting Wall Street reform Yes
Dismantling collective bargaining rights Yes
Fighting reductions in carbon emissions Yes
Keeping corporate money in elections Yes
Fighting Internet neutrality Yes

Isn't that the vast majority of the libertarian platform?
edit on 21-10-2013 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Dfairlite

That's one of their more scary positions. The internet is a great place for free speech. Net neutrality guarantees that individuals can access all legal sites regardless of the topic. The Koch brothers stand would allow corporate run internet provides to block sites that they don't wish the public to see. Similar to the internet censorship you see in China, but done at the corporate level instead of the government level.

I would add that any Tea Party member that's against Net Neutrality yet claims to support freedom of speech needs to take a hard look at what they actually believe. Is it really free speech they support or do they simply support their own views and would not mind seeing other views suppressed.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Kaploink
That's one of their more scary positions. The internet is a great place for free speech. Net neutrality guarantees that individuals can access all legal sites regardless of the topic. The Koch brothers stand would allow corporate run internet provides to block sites that they don't wish the public to see. Similar to the internet censorship you see in China, but done at the corporate level instead of the government level.

I would add that any Tea Party member that's against Net Neutrality yet claims to support freedom of speech needs to take a hard look at what they actually believe. Is it really free speech they support or do they simply support their own views and would not mind seeing other views suppressed.

Net neutrality is just a way for the government to do what china is doing. Just like they've upheld discrimination based on race/sex (affirmative action). If a service provider is not allowing certain sites and those sites are wanted by the consumer, the consumer can change ISP's. The freedom of the ISP is upheld, the freedom of the individual is upheld, property rights are upheld, and censorship is denied.

With net neutrality, the government can (and will) pick and choose what is considered 'censorship'.

news.cnet.com...

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Kaploink

Dfairlite

However, just like "The Fairness" doctrine in broadcasting, "internet neutrality" laws could be everything but neutral and could actually limit free speech. Just because proposed bills have the word "neutral" in them does not mean that they are, in fact "neutral."

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Dfairlite

Kaploink

Net neutrality is just a way for the government to do what china is doing. Just like they've upheld discrimination based on race/sex (affirmative action). If a service provider is not allowing certain sites and those sites are wanted by the consumer, the consumer can change ISP's. The freedom of the ISP is upheld, the freedom of the individual is upheld, property rights are upheld, and censorship is denied.

With net neutrality, the government can (and will) pick and choose what is considered 'censorship'.

news.cnet.com...

Well said. "Fairness" and "neutrality" to some means forcing their views out there and restricting opposing views just like the "fairness doctrine" advocates in broadcasting.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join