It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I survived the 7.2 in Philippines...so far, yellow stuff coming out of the earth!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
We are located 21 miles from epicentre, my experience here.

Hi guys, we need more earthquake gurus focusing on the big Philippine quake. We need to know what is in store and are worried about future events such as volcanic. Reason being is have been told that there are reports on local radio that yellow stuff is showing up in the sea around Loon. Locals are reporting lots of dead fish in the sea.. Talk of underground volcano.

Then i find out where i live 21 km from epi, sink holes and even ground water on our island is pumping out mostly yellow water from the wells!
I have not witnessed this first hand as am in Manila now to give myself and family a rest from the many aftershocks.
But the coconut telagraph has made it to the headlines...see here
www.gmanetwork.com...

What is the yellow stuff, why dead fish? What is going on!!!

edit on 18-10-2013 by The Great Day because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a public facebook slide show, not mine, of the damage that is being passed around here
www.facebook.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by The Great Day

I got nervous about this one because my daughter lives with my ex and her family, and at least some of the time is in the Maasin area. Now I'll really have to keep an eye on it.

link   
The yellow stuff may be sulfur or a sulfur compound.

It might be prudent to keep your distance from the yellow stuff. Toxic gases might be present.

link   

here u go,, is there any way too check if actual ground temp. are rising?,, just curious.

surfboards?,,

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

BobAthome

here u go,, is there any way too check if actual ground temp. are rising?,, just curious.

surfboards?,,

Thanks for posting that, although i don't speak the language much it was nice to see some tec being applied.
Im in Manila waiting for aftershocks to calm down a bit but i will text back home in the morning to get lola to check her well water temp at the hand pump.
Its almost 2 am i should get some sleep.

Thanks for your replies so far guys.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

stay cool,,as that cat i seen,,

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Watch out for Aswang....and keep your camera handy.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Found this on the yellow water. According to this, geologists think that it may be phosphatic water, which is not healthy to drink and can cause a fishkill. Not good! Glad you all are okay though.

newsinfo.inquirer.net...

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

"to get lola to check her well water temp at the hand pump. " AND THE COLOUR!!!

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Thanks for the update. Glad to know you're ok, but condolences to all who have lost loved ones. When something like that happens, it helps when someone from there connects to the rest of us. The Facebook slide show really brings it home. No wonder you must be on edge. How is your sleep quality? Are you sleeping outdoors? Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Yellow color comes from sulfur chrystals and is due opening in the earth crust, those openings are also called Fumaroles

Fumarole Wikipedia

When you think positive, even the situation must have been stressing.. you have something special to remember.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Isn't sulphur yellow? If I am not mistaken volcanos produce sulphur.....**goes off to check google land for answers**

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Yellow stuff might be sulphur.
Is there an odour?
Or sulphuric acid, whatever that is. I'm not a chemist
edit on 18-10-2013 by violet because: (no reason given)

Sulphur is a neon lime yellow colour when in powder form

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

It's probably a gas leak from the Earth. My advice would be to stay away from it, just in case .. And wait for scientists to confirm that it's safe.
Glad you are okay and hope that the worst is behind you.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Sulfur and iron in the mantle, and core.

Whole lot of crust breakage going on!

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

I'm curious if you've heard of any miracles occurring in the whole scene.

Please take care! What a hazardous region!

Any volcanoes coming to life?

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Thanks for all the replys guys. I am at the Manila airport heading home to Mactan island Cebu. There have been 7 shocks today around 5.0. People are starting to crack up, one in our community committed suicide.Very Catholic country and some are thinking God is angry.
Miracles? Um...I'm sure there has been but nothing stands out. I think because it was a holiday is very fortunate as many where at home instead of at school and at work.
Scores of buildings that are still standing have been deemed unfit in a very large radius from center.

Regarding yellow stuff the experts here say its phosphorus and not to fear volcanoes. I'm not so sure..the shocks are spreading out and following a general line.
newsinfo.inquirer.net...

Apparently our island is shaped like an umbrella sitting on a stem...maybe a mushroom would be a better analogy. I need to research that for myself

Anybody have good links or resources other than the standard quake maps?

Salamat Po ATS

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   

I can't point you towards anything useful, but I strongly suggest that you pop in to the Quake Watch thread and ask the knowledgeable people in it for assistance finding information. They can find just about anything you can think of

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   

one in our community committed suicide.Very Catholic country and some are thinking God is angry.

Bad news.

Isn't suicide against Catholic doctrine though? If a Catholic thinks God is causing Earthquakes because it's huffy, won't killing yourself make it even more murderous?

Killing yourself AFTER you survive an Earthquake that's killed many others?

Seems...ungrateful somehow.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join