It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Next Government Shutdown

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I didn't like this latest government shutdown. It seemed poorly planned and executed. Next time, we need to be sure to also furlough the guys with the Barrycades and Obamatape.

But seriously, the way they ended the shutdown and avoided the debt ceiling was even worse.

1. The bill to end the shutdown included pork barrel spending.
2. The federal workers will receive back pay...for making the shutdown as painful for us as possible.
3. The debt ceiling was not raised. It was suspended. This means that right now, the government has UNLIMITED borrowing capability. They wouldn't abuse that now, would they?

I propose a few things to fix our government and economy:

1. End all political campaign contributions for elected offices.
2. Abolish the federal reserve. Cancel the illegal debts they claim. Return to the use of money, rather than fiat currency. And by this I mean the Constitutional definition of money, that is, gold and silver.
3. Without the federal reserve, there is no need for an income tax, and the internal revenue service can be closed.
4. Close the department of education, department of labor, FDA, USDA, and health and human services. Probably much more than what I just listed, but that's a good start. These responsibilities belong to the States. Remind the federal government that the States created the federal government, not the other way around.
5. Put the district of Columbia under the authority of a Constitutional sheriff, elected by the local population.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

Did you see who was all talk? A: TPTB. They had the whole thing scripted from the get-go.

Did you see who made an impact? A: Veterans. That's why TPTB hate and fear us.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
In order for that to happen we would need a Pres and Congress who would be on board. (Or revolution).

Since they are all bought, it won't happen.

You saw what happened to Dr Paul as they re-wrote the rules. RNC cheated him, Maine was pissed.

Add war on drugs since people can walk into stores and buy the most addicting substances "Responsibly".

A druggy is gonna get what he wants either way, why make a market that involves crime, waste of tax dollars and an infringement upon civil and moral liberty.

Everything is ass backwards.

We had a chance. I know who I voted for.

They got change"

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

Since the next "shutdown-showdown" is going to be in winter, I predict that when government shuts down, the Obama admin will have to cease heating oil supplies.

top topics

join