It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saturn's bizarre HEXAGONAL storm system is revealed in true colour for the first time

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   

DJW001
reply to post by Bilder

Just so everyone knows: that's not actually what it would look like if you were actually out there.

I'm waiting for the day robotic spacecraft carry a regular colour digital camera, to take regular true-colour images, like we do on Earth.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Phage
reply to post by wigit

Fluid dynamics. A "jet stream" circling the pole interacting with surrounding air masses.
news.sciencemag.org...

I just read this yesterday phage. I am sure you know where it comes from!

‘But the world itself is only a speck of dust. And man is tiny — helpless! How long has he been in existence? For millions of years the earth was uninhabited.’

‘Nonsense. The earth is as old as we are, no older. How could it be older? Nothing exists except through human consciousness.’

‘But the rocks are full of the bones of extinct animals — mammoths and mastodons and enormous reptiles which lived here long before man was ever heard of.’

‘Have you ever seen those bones, Winston? Of course not. Nineteenth-century biologists invented them. Before man there was nothing. After man, if he could come to an end, there would be nothing. Outside man there is nothing.’

‘But the whole universe is outside us. Look at the stars! Some of them are a million light-years away. They are out of our reach for ever.’

‘What are the stars?’ said O’Brien indifferently. ‘They are bits of fire a few kilometres away. We could reach them if we wanted to. Or we could blot them out. The earth is the centre of the universe. The sun and the stars go round it.’

but all the deception is for a good cause, isn't it?
maybe the best.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

SonOfTheLawOfOne

UpEndedWorld

Bilder

Some more stunning images at the link

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Some great pics, enjoy ATS

what's that supposed to be at the top corner? a solar panel, is it?
how can the vast distance and the very near foreground be both
in focus at the same time?

eta;

This older, colour composite image - showing false shades - has been created from raw images taken by Cassini from a distance of 379,268 miles away

so it is a composite, showing false shades, but why include the solar panel?
I think it is all false and these are false images.

hexagonal storms indeed!

I know, I know. the government (and nasa) always are truthful and honest.
edit on 18/10/2013 by UpEndedWorld because: (no reason given)

It's not a solar panel, it's the rings out in the distance, which is why they are both in focus. They are partially missing on the top because of the angle of the camera and the shadow.

~Namaste
edit on 18-10-2013 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: (no reason given)

I don't believe a word of it.
they are computer game graphics.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

wildespace

DJW001
reply to post by Bilder

Just so everyone knows: that's not actually what it would look like if you were actually out there.

I'm waiting for the day robotic spacecraft carry a regular colour digital camera, to take regular true-colour images, like we do on Earth.

Robotic spacecraft are not built to be tourists. They are built to do science. "True-color" doesn't really help much with science.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

samuel1990
I know I've seen numerous threads about this but those pictures are awesome (even if I've seen them before!).

There is a theory that because Saturn has a different frequency to Earth, that's why storms look different. Something to do with uhhhh harmonics? No, I cant think of what it is. Something to do with frequency and sound?

Just Googled it and yes, Harmonics is what I'm thinking of. I think. IDK TBH. But, you know the videos where they play different frequency's and the rice/sand/whatever morph into different shapes and such? Probably does not make sense.

: )

It's the ratio between the wind speed at the surface and the jet stream at the top of the atmosphere. They form ratios which then allow eddies to form where the straight parts are . So to us it looks like a straight line, but from an observer on the surface, the air is being forced around smaller vortices.

edit on 19-10-2013 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by stormcell

Thanks for the link.

It's curious though that it only appears on Saturn but not on any of the other gas giants (Jupiter, Uranus, or Neptune) and only at one pole. Also it appears so much clearer/sharper and more regular than those we can create or sustain in a lab environment based on the 5 or 6 vids I've seen of same.

There must be some special conditions on Saturn that we aren't fully aware of...

Very cool and beautiful to behold though.

edit on 10/19/2013 by Riffrafter because: any vs. one

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Be great when someday a probe can actually go right up to the edge of Saturn and get some really good images of all this going on.

Just wondering if you are being serious?

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Phage
reply to post by wigit

Fluid dynamics. A "jet stream" circling the pole interacting with surrounding air masses.
news.sciencemag.org...

Awesome! Neat that the scientists tried creating it on their own because it really is an amazing thing. Just goes to show, I suppose, that when it comes to the immense universe, just about anything goes. Perhaps the only limit is really our imagination.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

eniar
Be great when someday a probe can actually go right up to the edge of Saturn and get some really good images of all this going on.

Just wondering if you are being serious?

absolutely!

Have you seen all the hoaxes NASA have gifted us with?
Apollo, and more space hoaxes

What if the Earth was the center, and we were the center of the Earth?
What if the Earth is Still (as appears on a calm day) and the sun revolves around it?
What if the Sun is not at all what we have been led to believe it is?

What if every image you have been viewing in full colour and glorious detail were nothing
more than a (con) artist's conceptual rendering?

Here is an essay I posted somewhere else. It is a good, if not a very great one!
The 'cold' of space and our Universe that isn't
We have lost the ability to think, almost!
We have, for too long now, been told what to think!

www.wildheretic.com
SSSS

Time To Think Again!

(No strawmen or ad hominems please! - Honest people are trying to ascertain the truth,
even against all the mainstream opposition. 'Science' didn't get where it is today without...etc.)
edit on 19/10/2013 by UpEndedWorld because: format

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Those Aliens on Titan (Saturn's Moon), are doing a great job terraforming Saturn. The hexagon will continue to grow until the job is finished. Then the rings that they put there will be removed. The folks in The Top Secret Black Space Program are aware of what this Alien species is doing. Too bad we will all be long dead before it's completed.
~$heopleNation

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
It's so weird to see the hexagon within the Saturn's north pole storm , then to imagine it's two earths wide and stays centered on the pole ??

As of now there's no reasonable explanation for it.. What do we really know about all those gas planets?
I hope one day they will make some telescope that can penetrate those giants, from then it will be much weirder I can tell you that!

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

As of now there's no reasonable explanation for it..
Incorrect. It is demonstrably the result of fluid dynamics.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing this, I hadn't seen the image, very beautiful.

Reminds me of a Tibetan Mandala personally. Nature is amazing, universally.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
That's the forming of a giant snowflake. Anybody know why snowflakes have hexagonal symmetry?

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

like its (jetstream) is traveling around a gigantic convection cell.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

That article is a ruse! At Saturn's North Pole sits the regional HQ of the Galactic Federation of Light. Their palace is shaped like... a hexagon.

Don't be fooled!!

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by UpEndedWorld

If we forget about NASA for a moment, what about all the other countries and space agencies that have sent rockets and even men to space (Russia, China)? What about pictures of space taken by the amateur astronomers, using their own equipment? Some of their images rival the Hubble's in detail and beauty.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   
This is just fascinating, I really hope I'll live long enough to take a trip to space

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Ya but even in that article it states they dont know what force is driving the particular jet stream but its the only article I think ive encountered at this point that tries to explain whats going on. I believe its something natural even though id love to believe its aliens or some other weird crap....

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
What struck me was the revelation that one of the alien species apparently visiting the earth has there math and physics based on the number 6. Six-sides storm, civilization based on the number 6? Hummm...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join