It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stars aren't sticking, anyone else?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I'm not sure how long this has been happening, but I'm unable to give anyone a star.

It shows when I click it, but if I re-load, or re-visit the page, it disappears, and I'm able to add it again until I refresh.

Using Linux/Firefox 24.0..

Anyone else?

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by lernmore

Yup. noticed it, as well. I've also noticed the same thing occasionally happening when giving flags.
I just reload the page and it works.
edit on 15-10-2013 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Nope... I've just tried for several minutes to star a post.

Flagging worked fine. I was able to flag, unflag, FAIL, reload, and re-flag no problem.

If I'm unable to leave my opinion in the form of a star, I may be tempted to re-think my promise to avoid politics on ATS, and nobody wants that...

See? I'm contemplating Chicago-style threats already!

Hopefully, it's just broken, and monitoring my activity wasn't just deemed non-essential.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Not just you, happening with me IE5, evertime I stared Dr. Satanist in ask me anything and came back after he resonded... My star was gone... It was seriously pissing me off... Now not so much... I'm not the only one....

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

I noticed it from a different angle - reloading after I already starred left me an open star to click on. It seemed like I could star a 2nd or 3rd + time, then I realized only the 1st one would "take." So much for enthusiastic support. lol

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

I thought this was happening to me as well, but it really isn't. I would star a post, then come back to it later and see that there was the option to add a star again. So I thought my stars weren't sticking.

But what was really happening is that my star was sticking, and then when I revisited the post it gave me the option to add another star...and it would look like it did, until I refreshed and then it only showed my original star.

Go try it on a post that has no stars, give it a start and refresh. Your star should still be there and the option to add another one. try to add another one, looks like it is there, refresh and it will disappear.

Just one more confusing flaw with this new format.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienScience

After a little investigating, I think you may be right.

I'm guessing the couple posts I was trying to add a star to (even the one I was testing), I had already done so...

The first one, there were two solid stars, and the placeholder.
When I populated it, it showed 3 solid, until I came back, so in my mind that post should have had three. One of the first two must have been mine.

The thread OP I went and "tested" already had 5, and I was trying to make it 6. One of those was probably mine too.

Oh well, the perfect storm of failure. At least I wasn't driving, and this didn't go more than a couple posts.

I was wrong, and it fooled me. The last couple seemed to work just fine.

Do I have a choice of punishment?

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

lernmore
I'm not sure how long this has been happening, but I'm unable to give anyone a star.

It shows when I click it, but if I re-load, or re-visit the page, it disappears, and I'm able to add it again until I refresh.

Using Linux/Firefox 24.0..

Anyone else?

I wonder who's doing the coding for ATS?

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
This is not a error.

Stars are sticking.

When you do give someone a star the ability is taken away.
But when the page is refreshed the stars you have giving are there, but ability is back.
but on the server side it won't allow you to give that post a star, because you have already given that post a star.

Nothing going on here.

join