It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is britain restarting the witch trials

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
At first those people offering metaphysical services(magic) were kicked off ebay. Now David Cameron the UK'S primr minister wants to make it so that automatically escoteric(magic) sites get filtered out so that no one can see them. Add to this the continual abuse and crap the press has and still does say about those that sell occult services and it seems to all lead us to one question. Why would the UK want to restart the witchtrials? I also could add: where will it lead to next?

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by werewolf99

That's interesting but am I supposed to go on your word or go in search of this information on my own? A few links would be helpful.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
When do the hangings and burning at the stake start? Oh, you mean they just can't sell stuff. No witch hunt then.

Sounds more like cutting down on snakeoil and other frauds. Good idea.
edit on 10/14/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
David Cameron and stopping esoteric
www.change.org...

Metphysical items ban
www.foxnews.com...

Funny how no one ever accuses economists of being frauds based upon the fact that their incompetance lies behind every global financial disaster. The occult has been around for a very long time, as has people selling their services. I do not see anyone stopping rabbis selling membership to their parish.Also this does not just stop people selling things, these moves stop people knowing about such things. It is censorship of people beliefs. If you stop people being able to read about such things: or reducing the chances. You also reduce the chances of people thinking such things. It is just an easier alternative than censoring what people think.

edit on 14-10-2013 by werewolf99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Think you are pushing it with the title but star and flag anyway.....lol

But hey, the witches spells and fortune tellers are about as accurate as politicians. Can we ban them as well?

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I can see the point for ebay.
How are you going to warranty somebody's mojo?

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I thought ebay banned that sort of thing months ago, perhaps that was just in North America.

My ex used to be huge into that sort of thing, would spend a ton of (her) money on it.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

I have not seen ebay banning the selling of mainstream religious items. People sell bottles of water as holy water all the time. What is so wrong with people providing these services for people. After all people have been selling occult services for a very long time: at one time these people were called cunning folk. Is it really that they want to keep this knowledge for themselves, in their clubs and just don't want old grimoires: which were at one time only seen by a few due to their not being many copies: out of the hands of the masses.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

edit on 14-10-2013 by werewolf99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Is it really that they want to keep this knowledge for themselves, in their clubs and just don't want old grimoires

It seems that the concern is about more about frauds selling their wares to gullible people than the spreading of "knowledge". I don't think they go into a lot of information about how to actually make the stuff they sell, they just want to sell it.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

The ban and filtering out of esoteric sites will cover all esoteric sites both those that provide information and those that sell things. It is a ban on information as much as anything else. I suppose in the 21st century you don't burn books, you just make sure no one can read them.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

The ban and filtering out of esoteric sites will cover all esoteric sites both those that provide information and those that sell things.

How do you know this?

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

edit on 10/14/2013 by Klassified because: Nevermind.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Wait a minute. Is this what you are talking about?
www.openrightsgroup.org...

Nothing is being "blocked". Default filters will be applied. You can remove those filters if you so wish.

"And they will ensure it is an adult making the choice. If adults don't want these filters — that's their decision."

www.zdnet.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Well, to play devil's advocate as someone who follows the Wiccan Faith in general life? I think everything can be taken to extremes and even Wicca, as a formally recognized Faith, has as many unique ways of practicing as there are Covens and individuals.

So, I'm the last to say a society needs to ease up just a hair on the exploration and wild 'if it feels good' approach to life ...but ..Well.. umm...

Following a nationwide campaign, Jedi made it onto the 2001 census, with 390,127 people identifying themselves a decade ago as followers of the fictional Star Wars creed.

Although the number of Jedis has dropped by more than 50 per cent over the past 10 years, they are still the most selected "alternative" faith on the Census, and constitute 0.31% of all people's stated religious affiliation in England and Wales.
Source

May the Force be with them? (Census..? Really??)
edit on 14-10-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   

eBay did not ban metaphysical/Wicca/witchcraft related items. All of those things can be sold. In fact, I sell some of that myself.

What eBay actually did was ban spells. As in, Pay me $30 and I'll cast a Love Spell on you. And they really probably should have, because how do I know Jane Blow across the US actually did "cast" a spell for me, and what would make me think she could do anything for me anyway? Most of them were scammers.

To say eBay banned metaphysical items is not true in the least bit, especially for that to be followed with comparisons like "Well Holy Water is still sold!" Yeah, okay, so are spell candles, magical oil blends, etc.

Metaphysical items are NOT banned on eBay

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Ask them to put someone in a pool of water, if they don't float immediately that means they're a witch!

Everyone knows that.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

The people you are talking about as scammers are basically the routes of all folk magic. All modern folk magic is largely related to people who sold their services: sometimes called cunning folk. These people cast more spells and did more magic individually than practically anyone else: including the many ceremonial mages who never seem to cast spells anyway.

Take these people away and all modern magic will effectively stop. No progress or change these people lead the way for the many amateurs to follow.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

unb3k44n7
Ask them to put someone in a pool of water, if they don't float immediately that means they're a witch!

Everyone knows that.

Pretty sure it's the other way around actually 0 if they float they are a witch, because witches weigh the same as ducks.

I saw that in a documentary about 15 times

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

The people you are talking about as scammers are basically the routes of all folk magic. All modern folk magic is largely related to people who sold their services: sometimes called cunning folk. These people cast more spells and did more magic individually than practically anyone else: including the many ceremonial mages who never seem to cast spells anyway. Take these people away and all modern magic will effectively stop. No progress or change these people lead the way for the many amateurs to follow.

How do you determine who is a "scammer" and who is "legit"?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join