It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Dakota ranchers reel after 'catastrophic' storm leaves up to 100,000 cattle dead

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   
South Dakota ranchers reel after 'catastrophic' storm leaves up to 100,000 cattle dead

Basically, the story states that a "freak snow storm" has left huge numbers of cattle dead, and many more are in need of medical attention. One person stated that this was the worst storm he'd seen in his lifetime. Now, anyone that reads my posts knows I don't go in for global warming stuff, and I don't think that's what this is, either, but since it's weather-related, this seemed the best location. If some other place fits better, please relocate the thread.

The story caught my attention for the vast numbers of cows involved, and because of the freakish nature of the storm. The timing, too, is interesting. here we are, with real problems in the economy, the government on shut down, truckers protesting, food stamp people in some places unable to use their cards, and now we have a disaster that will drive up meat prices? I have a hard time in the best of times with coincidence, and I can't believe this is one.

Does anyone know if there has been unusual HAARP activity the recently? The closest I can find is some mention of heavy activity last month, but not from a reliable source. Does this seem suspicious to anyone else?

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

Ohh wow....

no words...

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Seriously?
You think HAARP was used to create a storm in South Dakota? South Dakota? Really?

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Lol well why not..I guess Texas or California are better targets for crazy agricultural snow dumps. Maybe Florida..lots of produce out of Florida this this time of year.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Frozen meat? Don't let it thaw.

Never let a bad situation go to waste.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   

hey ladygreeneyes.

wow. This is terrible news. That is ALLOT of dead cattle. This could really affect the industry. I mean how can they even recover from those loses?

I will expect a huge price hike for a steak now.

I dont think its HAARP though. Weather has been readjusting in the last decade. Its absolutely changing towards a new cycle, but I think its natural.

And I agree,
Global warming is a lie for profit IMO.

edit on 10 13 2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Why not HAARP, Cobra Command got ahold of it....

G.I. Joe The Movie - Clip 6
www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jte3UrFnYc
www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Phage

Seriously?
You think HAARP was used to create a storm in South Dakota? South Dakota? Really?

I think some manipulation someplace is possible. HAARP or some other sort of device, but weather can be manipulated. I have a strong feeling that something about this storm isn't normal. No, I can't really explain it, but it's there. If not HAARP, any other suggestions? Or do you think it's simply natural?

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   

tadaman

hey ladygreeneyes.

wow. This is terrible news. That is ALLOT of dead cattle. This could really affect the industry. I mean how can they even recover from those loses?

I will expect a huge price hike for a steak now.

I dont think its HAARP though. Weather has been readjusting in the last decade. Its absolutely changing towards a new cycle, but I think its natural.

And I agree,
Global warming is a lie for profit IMO.

edit on 10 13 2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

It's a heavy blow to the cattle ranchers, for certain, and surely to the beef market as well. Just what we need; higher meat prices! I do NOT think that people, as a whole, are changing the climate of the planet. I do, though, think it's possible for weather to be affected, in a small area, by someone with the proper equipment. We can actually cause earthquakes. Does anyone? hard to say. But, it's possible, and that's the sort of thing I look for. it's mostly the timing on this one, with everything else going the way it is. Not n this case for profit, but for manipulation. The real question is, what methods COULD BE used to affect the weather in such a fashion? I know rain storms can be created. Can snow storms as well? Any experts in that area around?

And, yeah, trips to the store will be a lot more painful. More and more, i want a place we can raise some animals!

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   

OpinionatedB

Ohh wow....

no words...

meaning you are shocked by the extent of the storm, and the damage, or by my theories?

gnosticagnostic
reply to post by Phage

Lol well why not..I guess Texas or California are better targets for crazy agricultural snow dumps. Maybe Florida..lots of produce out of Florida this this time of year.

Last year, it was very unusual droughts on a lot of places, and I think some had that this year as well. I know where we live was, last eyar, FAR drier than is normal. A lot of crops simply died.

abecedarian
Frozen meat? Don't let it thaw.

Never let a bad situation go to waste.

I did actually wonder about that. I suspect that they wouldn't be able to guarantee a lack of contamination, or something of that nature. Especially if the snow melts fast.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I'm just going to back burner this one until they have a definitive head count (no pun intended) My Google-fu netted returns citing anywhere from 20,000 cattle lost to this Fox-reported 100k loss of cattle. It really reads like a who's who list gunning for shock value ratings. I'm not even going to bother putting in links, just search "cattle die after dakota storm" & wade through all the varying returns to get the idea.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I have lived in the area for 25 years and was stuck in my house for three days(second longest duration), dug out and the area look like a tornado hit. Buildings caved in, trees tops and limb broken, power lines down (there are still people without power), cars burred in the ditches many fleeing tourists trying to beat the storm out, and the cows piled along the interstate are insane.....I would be happy to answer any questions anyone has.

We got 2-3 inches of rain quickly followed by 3-4 feet of snow across half the state.
edit on 13-10-2013 by ParanoidAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Yes. Natural....depending on your opinion about the causes of global warming.
The storm originated in the Pacific, arrived in northern California on October 1st, clobbered Colorado on the 3rd and 4th, then moved into South Dakota on the 5th.
usnews.nbcnews.com...

It happens.
usnews.nbcnews.com...
www.thedenverchannel.com...

Chances are we'll be seeing more in the coming years.

edit on 10/13/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

The big issue was the cold air coming in from Canada that is why so much snow came with the rain, the southern black hill got lots more rain because the cold front only dip to the edge of the hills. Of course higher elevations got more snow..

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ParanoidAmerican

You.'re only a little north f me and with all the rain we have had this year.... boy I.m hoping it's not going to be this bad all winter ..hope everyone can dig out... I know I.'ll be preparing for the worst this year..you never know when mother nature is gonna take a massive dump on you.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by gnosticagnostic

We seen it coming it was just massively under foretasted until it was too late....for the cows at least.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   

It does seem coincidental.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ParanoidAmerican

Lol I never ever wait until Mr weatherman says run to the store... by then your lucky to get what u need... I try to be stocked and ready for any such possibility ..grocery stores are as such a nightmare when every one is running to stock up.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Really? 100.000 dead of the 80 to 96 million cattle in the US will cause a rise in the meatprices? Now That sounds like a conspiracy.

For the regional/local farmers it's a hard hit that's true

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Phage

Seriously?

You're awesome Phage

Second.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join