It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Food Stamp Cards Inoperable East Coast?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

signalfire
More reports coming in that they work on in-state cards, but out of state cards not functioning. First it was a 'computer glitch', then it was a 'computer upgrade' and somewhere in there, that a Xerox facility that processes payments had a power outage.

Aaaannnnddd... since JP Morgan is the company that handles all this, here's a little something from Bloomberg that may or may not be topical:

www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-10-11/jpmorgan-reports-380-million-third-quarter-loss-on-legal-costs.html

What exactly was discussed in that little banking meeting Obama had the other day, anyways? And since when do they do 'computer upgrades' on a Saturday and federal holiday weekend?

A good honest question-- but I doubt it's a sinister motive. The business traffic is way down on the weekends-- and usually the least disruptive to the money gods, the penny grubbing flash trading horde. Our inconvenience is of no significance.

Edit: Conversely, if I run out of tobacco whole shires suffer.
Great avatar BTW.. she's to die for. On a bad day maybe even from. Glorious.
edit on 12-10-2013 by derfreebie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

DancedWithWolves
In case this could help anyone today...

Does anyone know if this works...$50 if system is down? That would at least feed kids for the day. I hope so. I doubt the cashiers will know this though...their jobs are bound to be hard today too.

Someone on my FB page in MS reported that $75 at a Walmart was fine. I don't know if it's just in certain locations.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

Appears to be almost the whole country with a few people chiming in that things are fine where they are. None of it makes sense including the reasons (only reported by CBS news in one local report).

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
The state propaganda has their regularly scheduled programming running right now. That must not be interrupted by important news. I don't think they want to yell, FIRE! too loudly. They need unrest first. Then it will used to it's maximum effect.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

Thanks.

Twitter is certainly an interesting read at the moment about it.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by derfreebie

LOL I was trying to be "sensitive"
I avoided adding the thought that lizards, snakes, birds and all other small forms of life are now free to a good kitchen

I wonder whats on sale at the pet store.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

cry93

DancedWithWolves
In case this could help anyone today...

Does anyone know if this works...$50 if system is down? That would at least feed kids for the day. I hope so. I doubt the cashiers will know this though...their jobs are bound to be hard today too.

Someone on my FB page in MS reported that $75 at a Walmart was fine. I don't know if it's just in certain locations.

IT occurred only mometarily that there may be an invisible finger somewhere guiding that little general strike by the truckers. Giving us a taste of the real thing for the fallout of an extended shutdown, DC? On what I've been relegated to consume over the last six years, you'll have to try a little harder to scare us.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
What to do if the system is down according to the mass.gov site:

What to Do If the EBT System Is Not
Working or the Store Has No Card Reader
If the EBT system is down or the store does not have
a card reader, you can still purchase food. The clerk
may fill out a manual voucher for your food
purchases only. This voucher will list:
 Your card number; and
 The amount of your purchase.
After the clerk fills in the voucher, the clerk will call
to see if you have enough benefits to buy the food.
Before you sign the voucher, make sure the amount
on it is correct. You will be given a copy of the
voucher. Keep this voucher so you can remember to
subtract this amount from your account balance. It
may take a few days for the amount to be subtracted
from your account.

I HOPE these stores already know to do this??? Except no one is answering the phones according to reports we have seen.

Source

edit on 12-10-2013 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
i hope that this is nation wide ONLY for those that live and I do mean Live off the system!

I am tired of supporting the leaches of the system. [not saying all are, just referring to where I actually live currrently and where I lived before]
I am ready.
edit on 12-10-2013 by palmalBlue2 because: (no reason given)

link   
It's possible that it is something nefarious.
A much more likely scenario is that like any network\computer\PBX\web site things break.
Occam would tell me that the second situation is most likely what is happening.
I think we need more info vs theories about this being the start of the end.

link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

1 Buy rabbits.
2 Breed rabbits.
3 Eat rabbits.
4 GOTO 2

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

1.5 Genetically engineer a rabbit the size of a kangaroo.
2.5 Teach if to fight for you
3.5 Win war against Sasquatch Shock Troops sent by U.S government to enslave outlying communities. "Operation: Gorilla Warfare"

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Thorneblood
reply to post by khimbar

1.5 Genetically engineer a rabbit the size of a kangaroo.
2.5 Teach if to fight for you
3.5 Win war against Sasquatch Shock Troops sent by U.S government to enslave outlying communities. "Operation: Gorilla Warfare"

If I could genetically animals and train them, why wouldn't I engineer a bigger, stronger kangaroo and train that?

(wink face goes here).

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

Rabbits are cheaper and easier to find and breed?
Sides, it would be awesome. Rabbits are fierce bastards.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Thorneblood
reply to post by khimbar

And rabbits make DELICIOUS Soldiers......just sayin'........

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Thorneblood
reply to post by derfreebie

LOL I was trying to be "sensitive"
I avoided adding the thought that lizards, snakes, birds and all other small forms of life are now free to a good kitchen

I wonder whats on sale at the pet store.

My local Critters chain store seems to be having a run on salamanders; it appears with a little paprika they're a dead ringer for rattlesnake. And we all know that tastes like neocon urp .
Candidly Thorne we should suspend this in favor of sanity.

And don't get me wrong-- one of my favorite five photos of the Oval Office was Jerry behind the desk and a pencil in his fingertips: with Dick C. in big hair, a thick tie and doubleknit slacks slightly thicker than Level 2 body armor. Elbows on knees in the chair, listening: glad I wasn't a fly on the note pad.

Looking back there, and given the choice-- we still haven't one by now.
This predicament is the product of a lot of work by both major mug factions. Maybe by next year this time we'll still be above ground; and have a meal ahead of us without guilt or fear.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Thorneblood
reply to post by khimbar

I fear no rabbit, I have a the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch.

True though, not many kangaroos up here. And rabbit is so good to eat. And easy to hunt.
edit on k034310bpmSat, 12 Oct 2013 15:43:13 -0500 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Mikeultra

I don't think its propaganda considering I ve had very worried folks bang on my door for the past week to help.

edit on 12-10-2013 by palmalBlue2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

palmalBlue2
reply to post by Mikeultra

I don't think its propaganda considering I ve had very worried folks bang on my door for the past week to help.

I'm sorry I wasn't more clear in my post. I didn't mean the EBT problem is propaganda. I meant whatever else they're talking about presently is.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Thorneblood
reply to post by khimbar

Word.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join