It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pilots union warns of 'dry run' by possible terrorists on US flight

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
SMR

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Security experts for a major airline's pilot's union have warned members that potential terrorists conducted apparent "dry runs" aboard domestic flights in recent weeks, and urged flight crews not to be pressured into taking to the skies if they are fearful.

A memo from the U.S. Airline Pilots Association, which represents more than 5,000 pilots who fly for US Airways, cites "several cases recently throughout the (airline) industry of what appear to be probes, or dry runs, to test our procedures and reaction to an in-flight threat."

Pilots union warns of 'dry run' by possible terrorists on US flight

On a Sept. 2 flight from Reagan National Airport in Washington to Orlando, a "Middle Eastern" man rose from his seat and sprinted toward the cockpit, before veering sharply to go into the forward restroom, according to the memo. While he was in there, sever other men moved about the cabin, changing seats and going into overhead bins, it says.

They better keep on eye on this and if something happens, at least we have knowledge [the public] that they knew full well of the threat.
If you read the article in it's entirety, you'll see there have been many Red flags on flights as of late.

"Bringing down an airliner continues to be the Gold Standard of terrorism."
- Memo from pilots' union

With so many flights around the World, it's such a scary thought.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
So he ran to the bathroom?

I don't know about you, but when I have to go to the bathroom bad, I'll run. Who wants to crap their pants in a pressurized metal tube at 27,000 feet?

Moving about the cabin and getting into overhead bins? Really? Um, I do that sometimes because I might have forgotten something in my carry on.

So, basically we have people doing things that people normally do, but because they are Middle Eastern it must be some kind of "dry run" to test security?

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
You'll never know where, or when, but someday terrorists will strike.
They may even be practicing for a big scary attack.

This is fear mongering at it's worst. Best way to keep Americans in line during the shutdown would be to scare them into not flying anywhere.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by rangerdanger

Im sure it works really well too..

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
dry run meaning.....? Sans lube?

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
With all the focus on those dirty brown people we've been taught to fear, someone's going to be eating a lot of crow with their face caked in egg if some random group of white people with issues decide to try to hijack something.

I mean, come on, that's opportunity knocking for a white extremist group. The focus is on Middle Easterners & not so much on them.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
i don't care what any one says, i for one say that in this instance it is better to profile than not.
paying out law suits is far better than dealing with another ten year or better war in a middle eastern country.
every airline should hire black water type to thump hard on [snip] that do things like this. pretty soon it would stop, once they realize.

look at EL AL it has the best security record in the world and only has a 30year track record of being terrorist free.
and they do it by profiling.
edit on 11-10-2013 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

rangerdanger

I think when it does happen, we'll discover VERY quickly that the NSA, DHS, BATFE, FBI or CIA were somehow DIRECTLY involved...exactly as they have been in just about every single "terrorist" attack since OKC.
Coinsedence?
I am like a cop in this single aspect alone...I don't believe in coinsedence anymore than I believe in Santa or the Easter Bunny.
I would like nothing more than for time to prove me wrong on this...but it hasn't yet.

-Amitaba-

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
On our way back from England last year, 6 middle eastern men all gathered together, and would not sit back down. It had me pretty damn worried. I told my wife, if something happened, I was going to stab one of them in the neck with a Pen. You feel helpless when your in an airplane, with nothing to defend yourself.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

Yeah! Only the white man deserves rights. I mean, if people are going to "run" to the bathroom, then they deserve to to get beatdown. I think we should dispatch blackwater to every public swimming pool too. If kids learn at a young age that running is ok, then they might grow up and run on our planes.

On a serious note, I don't think it's right to blame all middle eastern people for the actions of some. There are good people, and bad people. We aren't as different as people think. If you believe in profiling then maybe it's time to stop watching Fox News..

SMR

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Some pretty naive thoughts so far.
You know. Not everything is a conspiracy or false flag in this world. There are real dangers.
Is it not possible that terror groups are planning more 9/11 style attacks?
Are most terror attacks put on by Middle Eastern people?

A terror group in the Middle East is applauding your compassion right now so the next time they attack, you'll understand where they are coming from ...

rangerdanger
This is fear mongering at it's worst. Best way to keep Americans in line during the shutdown would be to scare them into not flying anywhere.

This makes absolutely no sense at all. Please explain this.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Mate, nobody runs to the bathroom on an aircraft unless they're horrendously desperate. This, plus the other middle eastern looking types standing up and going into overhead lockers etc at the same time would suggest that something odd was going on. Maybe not, but knowing how clever islamic extremists are, I wouldn't be surprised.

The problem is, this could be a group of innocent people who just happen to have acted in this way.

The other problem is, when we hear about them next, it'll be when they've brought down an airliner.

Can't win, really.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by iskander683

This report comes out when most Americans are fed up with the US government and maybe actually willing to do something about it. Another false flag, er I mean Middle Eastern terrorist attack(maybe they'll blame Syria this time) could make everyone forget why there are so fed up with the US government it her so called leaders.

Coincidence, I think not.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

rangerdanger
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

Yeah! Only the white man deserves rights. I mean, if people are going to "run" to the bathroom, then they deserve to to get beatdown. I think we should dispatch blackwater to every public swimming pool too. If kids learn at a young age that running is ok, then they might grow up and run on our planes.

On a serious note, I don't think it's right to blame all middle eastern people for the actions of some. There are good people, and bad people. We aren't as different as people think. If you believe in profiling then maybe it's time to stop watching Fox News..

what a dumb a@@ reaction, ElAl profiles everybody, not just arabs or muslims. there are white terriost groups. just like muslims, and others. do a little reading first.

here is a little snip from a article written two years ago.

According to Isaac Yeffet, the former security chief for El Al Israel Airlines, the United States should adopt El Al’s security approach of ensuring that every passenger is interviewed by a well-trained agent before check-in, a move that involves profiling passengers, which he said is not discriminatory.

El Al is considered by most security analysts as the most secure airline in the world because of its track-record in deterring hijackings and terror plots. The airline has been free of terrorist attacks for about 30 years and it has experienced only one hijacking in its history. Global Traveler magazine has named El Al as number one in its Best Airline for Security for the last three years in a row. - See more at: cnsnews.com...

not everyone is a racist.

profiling works, plain and simple.
edit on 11-10-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

SMR
You know. Not everything is a conspiracy or false flag in this world. There are real dangers.
Is it not possible that terror groups are planning more 9/11 style attacks?
Are most terror attacks put on by Middle Eastern people?

A terror group in the Middle East is applauding your compassion right now so the next time they attack, you'll understand where they are coming from ...

rangerdanger

This makes absolutely no sense at all. Please explain this.

Not to flame, but coming from the guy who says "most terror attacks are put on by the middle east". -_-
Terrorism only works when people live in fear. That's it's only purpose. It's not suspicious if a bunch of white dudes stand up and reach into the overhead compartment, only if middle eastern people do it. That's the image our government has cultivated since 2001. Since all these "terrorism" groups you refer to were either started by the U.S. government, or are currently being funded by the U.S. government it's hard to really see what your point is. I understand not everything in the world is a conspiracy, as long as you understand that not everything on Fox news is truth. The OP's entire post is fear mongering. You say they are applauding my compassion? Good. I would much rather be a compassionate human being. If those "terrorism" groups applauded me they sure as hell are applauding you for doing their job for them.
Instead of worrying about racism, or profiling we should be worried about the gap between rich and poor people in this country. We should be worried about the politicians that shut the government down to prove a point. This "terrorist" fear mongering only distracts everybody from the real issues. I mean, when was the last time a plane was hijacked successfully?

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

rangerdanger

I couldn't have said it better or more clearly.

The terrorists win best when we're terrorized. I say, we consider the astronomical odds even when attacks do happen. Odds against being anywhere near...then odds against being a victim of it, if so.

I don't really lose sleep or worry myself over it. I won't give 'em the satisfaction, eh?

edit on 11-10-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

SMR

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

rangerdanger
Not to flame, but coming from the guy who says "most terror attacks are put on by the middle east". -_-
Terrorism only works when people live in fear.

Are you serious? What part of me saying "most terror attacks are put on by the middle east" has anything to do with your reply? You make little to no sense in most of what you have posted so far. Perhaps this is not a subject you should be participating in.

Terrorism happens. It's that simple. It doesn't matter if people are in fear or not. Terrorists do what they do to do it for whatever belief they have. It's not because someone fears them. They will shoot you in the head if you stand in front of them whether you fear them or not.
They will bring down planes whether you fear them or not. They want to 'cause' fear, not work from it. They aren't Freddy Kruger, here.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

rangerdanger
This "terrorist" fear mongering only distracts everybody from the real issues. I mean, when was the last time a plane was hijacked successfully?

I am tempted to say: "Entebbe"
Even then, it didn't end very well, did it...so maybe not.

-Amitaba-
edit on 11-10-2013 by Eryiedes because: Typo

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Retikx
dry run meaning.....? Sans lube?

I'm pretty sure they could spare some hydraulic fluid.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000

rangerdanger

I couldn't have said it better or more clearly.

The terrorists win best when we're terrorized. I say, we consider the astronomical odds even when attacks do happen. Odds against being anywhere near...then odds against being a victim of it, if so.

I don't really lose sleep or worry myself over it. I won't give 'em the satisfaction, eh?

edit on 11-10-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

Defeating Terrorism ftw!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join