It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian group: ‘Better to die than live in pro-gay world’

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Source

‘At first, the cases were few and far between. Now the number of cases are building, and the collective threat is growing, with the goal of suffocating Christians’ vocal opposition to promoting a lifestyle which is not consistent with their faith.’ - See more at: www.gaystarnews.com...

Ahh the self centered Christians are at it again, thinking the world is against them because it won't let them impose their beliefs on everyone.....

The same kind of thing is said by the KKK, they complain that it's just their beliefs and everyone is being super mean not letting them impose their beliefs on (insert minority here).

If you're offended by my use of the word christian, or are wishing to tell me "i'm a christian and I don't hold belief X", maybe you should consider another name to describe yourself and your beliefs as the name christian seems to include anyone and everyone....from at least 44,000 different denominations.

You can't have your cake and eat it too

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Prezbo369

Ahh the self centered Christians are at it again, thinking the world is against them because it won't let them impose their beliefs on everyone.....

That pretty much sums up the attitude.

They seem to have this belief that, if an individual can choose their own lifestyle, that somehow infringes on their rights.

No joke. My mother and stepfather are fundamentalist and honestly believe that gays getting married "infringes on their rights."

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

he really said that!!! they were not few, it was just hidden much more, there have always been gays...

well, if they feel that STRONGLY about it, then , they should go ahead and follow through....

why do people have to go to extremes.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Gotta love the hypocrisy of the Christians telling people not to push their lifestyle on others.

It's basic psychology, really. The christians are just projecting the act of trying to convert people onto the gays to take the attention off of themselves.

Also, when's the last time a gay organization canvassed a neighbourhood with flyers? Just saying.
edit on 11-10-2013 by scolai because: misplaced modifier

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Well, besides killing yourself being a sin, it doesn't make sense. It's like giving up...

I've wrote here on ATS before, but it still applies. God should have wrote a 11th commandment:

11) Do not let your religion get in the way of common sense

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

scolai
when's the last time a gay organization canvassed a neighbourhood with flyers? Just saying.

I was handed a flyer/pamphlet for a gaybar once, drinks half price!, but I didn't go...

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Haha I was more referring to the door-to-to sale of belief.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Bring it on! At least with the gays, they are not hitting on me and my friends all the time, LOL.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Good, I hope they all commit suicide.

The world would be better off without these freaks.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Some, (not all) Religions garner a deep sense of entitlement. Peak entitlement is claiming the right to kill infidels. Lesser forms of entitlement include the mistaken belief that believers are entitled to dominion over facts, history, the Earths biosphere and alternate memes.

I suppose this feature may be a primary attractor for followers of the meme. There is some kind of basic human need that is filled by this, as evidenced by the popularity of religion.

empowered yet? If not, lock into a religious meme. In very little time you will be superior.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Prezbo369
Source

‘At first, the cases were few and far between. Now the number of cases are building, and the collective threat is growing, with the goal of suffocating Christians’ vocal opposition to promoting a lifestyle which is not consistent with their faith.’ - See more at: www.gaystarnews.com...

The same kind of thing is said by the KKK, they complain that it's just their beliefs and everyone is being super mean not letting them impose their beliefs on (insert minority here).

If you're offended by my use of the word christian, or are wishing to tell me "i'm a christian and I don't hold belief X", maybe you should consider another name to describe yourself and your beliefs as the name christian seems to include anyone and everyone....from at least 44,000 different denominations.

You can't have your cake and eat it too

Hmmm, interesting. Do you suppose the Christians that don't hold to X really should call themselves something else?

First of all, 44,000 denominations is quite a stretch. What you are referring to is the churches affiliated with central denominations. That does not make them different. If we went through the history of Christianity, then you would see that while many might claim to be a denomination, many are affiliated with a central one.

And the foundation of all denominations are the same, regardless of certain creeds.

But are saying that as a Christian, that I am self-centered? That's an accusation which shows intolerance.

You can't have your cake and eat too, you can't be intolerant of others and then demand tolerance for yourself.

That's a fairly intolerant attitude you just took against a whole group of people. Now while some Christians might feel that way, it certainly is not the way all Christians feel. And not all Christians go around handing out flyers.

But let me ask you this, and I ask this of every pro-gay marriage proponent, are you aware of the founding members of the current gay marriage debate? I ask this because within the gay community, they sweep this under the rug and then say "no, just because they are, we are not like that"....

Have you ever heard of NAMBLA? Let's see what the gay community in their own literature says about NAMBLA

"If pedophiles looked more like Bill Andriette," wrote Jesse Green in a 1994 Out magazine article on NAMBLA, the North American Man-Boy Love Association, " . . . we would be more tempted to tolerate them."

So if a gay pedophile looks like Andriette, then the gay community might tolerate them more?

NAMBLA was a member of the International Lesbian and Gay Association (ILGA), which in turn held "consultative status" at the United Nations

Unless the gay community can address NAMBLA publicly, and can get rid of it instead of sweeping it under the rug, then they have no right to complain how they are treated unfairly with intolerance. The gay community is tolerant of NAMBLA, therefore if an organization is so tolerant of something of this nature, then how do they expect the rest of us to accept them without intolerance.

The gay community can't have their cake and eat it too.

And if the same excuses are being used in the gay community to justify their lifestyle, then they have no right to condemn NAMBLA based on that. Do you get it? The gay community is in a Catch-22. They can't say "it's natural" and then condemn someone else for using the same exact words. That's an issue.

NAMBLA has been at the forefront of the gay marriage debate all along. And you thought it was just because "Self-centered Christians" were making it difficult for them.

I don't care if a gay person wants to live their life as gay, what I do have an issue with is the blatant hiding of the very proponents for gay marriage in the first place. Every gay person I have ever talked to said "I am not a pedophile" while at the same time denying that NAMBLA even exists. Well if they know that NAMBLA is a pedophilic organization, how could they then turn around and say they don't know what NAMBLA is.

And NAMBLA promotes gay marriage between men and young boys. And they use the exact same words as the general gay community. That's a huge problem. If you say they have mental problems, but then refer back to the history of psychology saying gays have a mental illness, then that's being hypocritical. You can't have your cake and eat it too, and it is a baseless argument to demand tolerance for a group while being intolerant of another group that promotes the same thing.

Who was it that got the men off in the Boston/Boise Committee? It wasn't NAMBLA, it was gay activists. I think the gay community needs to be honest about their activism. So when you post things like this in forums, you really need to consider whether or not the people you are demanding tolerance for are not breaking the law or attempting to have laws changed for a lifestyle, one they deem proper in all aspects, including sex with children.

If you disagree with me and say I am being intolerant of gays, just take a look at NAMBLA and who supports it.

History of NAMBLA
NAMBLA

You are really going to have to take a hard look at NAMBLA and their activism within the gay community and for gay marriage rights. And I don't want to hear "They aren't all like that". If you do say that, then you are being a hypocrite about Christians.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
NAMBLA = pedophilia, adult on child only.
Homosexual = consenting adults only.
There is a difference.

edit on 10/11/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

If you're gay, you're a pedophile

Is that pretty much what you are trying to get at?

What about the straight guys who diddle small girls? Or are they actually gay and don't know it?

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by InverseLookingGlass

I'm not going to go Christian bashing on ATS some of my friends here truly religious, and I respect their opinions, even if I disagree with them.

BUT

If being gay is a sin, and Jesus died for our sins,

See where I'm going with this ?

If a gay guy or girl takes Jesus to their heart, truly to their heart then

Surely Jesus died for their right to be gay.

Just a thought

Cody

edit on 11/10/13 by cody599 because: Crap at typing

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Contrary to popular belief, it is the right of Christians(or anyone else) to disapprove of homosexuality, and to say so publicly, if they feel it necessary. Just as it is the gay community's right to disapprove of Christian disapproval. I think they call it free speech.

It is also the right of a business owner to choose whom he will do business with, and whom he will not. Whatever it may cost them eventually to do so, is irrelevant.

A Colorado based bakery has allegedly refused to make a wedding cake for a gay couple because their business does not support same-sex marriage.

‘This is the first time I’ve ever been refused service at a business because I was gay,’ Bullins said in a statement for Philadelphia Magazine. ‘I want [Phillips] to know that what he did hurt us.

Source
It seems to me, it is this gay couple wanting to force this business owner to accept them, and their lifestyle. So, who is forcing who now? Why not leave the business owner to his narrow mindedness, and move on?

Guido Barilla, the chairman of the privately owned company, got himself in hot water when he said the company will never use gay couples in their ads as they are in favor of the ‘traditional family’.

The comments caused a huge outrage among Italian gay rights groups.

Source
Second verse, same as first. Why should this man be forced to apologize because he doesn't approve of the gay lifestyle? It is his right to be a narrow minded buffoon, if he wants to be.

An extremist homophobic Christian preacher was arrested for calling gay people ‘sinners’ during the international tennis event Wimbledon.

Source
My question is, would he have been arrested just as quickly for calling heterosexuals, sinners, for fornication and adultery? Probably not. I think the scales of justice are a bit off balance here.

I personally don't have any problems with the LGBT community. How could I? It's their life, not mine. At the same time. You can't legislate acceptance, neither should you. It is my right to disapprove of what I want, and my right as a business to refuse service to anyone, for any reason.

Literalist Christians are never going to accept gay marriage. It's that simple. Nor should they be forced to do so. Either by peer pressure, or by writing "thought crime" laws.

From a fundamentalist and literalist viewpoint; The world is against them, and everyone should live and believe the way they do, if they don't want to end up in hell with the gays.

ETA: If they would rather die than live in a world that accepts gays. They can have at it. Because it's coming, whether they like it or not. Down the road, it will as acceptable as being hetero.

edit on 10/11/2013 by Klassified because: grammar

edit on 10/11/2013 by Klassified because: link

edit on 10/11/2013 by Klassified because: eta

edit on 10/11/2013 by Klassified because: spelling

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

WarminIndy
Hmmm, interesting. Do you suppose the Christians that don't hold to X really should call themselves something else?

when it comes to a condemnation of an entire group of people such as this? yes, yes I do. I would'nt want to be associated with such a group of bigots.

First of all, 44,000 denominations is quite a stretch.

Source

What you are referring to is the churches affiliated with central denominations. That does not make them different. If we went through the history of Christianity, then you would see that while many might claim to be a denomination, many are affiliated with a central one.

And the foundation of all denominations are the same, regardless of certain creeds.

No I think you'll find that they're all incompatible, otherwise they wouldn't be different denominations...

But are saying that as a Christian, that I am self-centered? That's an accusation which shows intolerance.

Wow that's really low, you're attempting to compare being referred to as 'self-centered' with the prejudice homosexuals have suffered from? really? Have many of you self centered Christians been executed or castrated for it?

Aaaand then you mention gay marriage and NAMBLA, thank goodness you're a dying breed

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Is this a "Christian Militant" declaration of war? "Give me liberty to live in a gay free society, or give me death!" When bigots are convinced that "it's us or them", and it's "better to die", then we're talking about fighting to survive, because living with homosexual equality is like being forced to live in a Nazi Prison Camp!

edit on 11-10-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

I thought I avoided pejorative bashing but it illustrates the point that some people believe they are entitled to shape my thoughts, words and actions. This entitlement stems directly from the religious meme.

I like to believe that I'm not particularly averse to Christian memes. Sure the self-superior evangelizing gets on my nerves but they are not (generally) resorting to terrorism yet. So live and let live.

I think if religions set a good example by all getting along with each other, there would be fewer atheists.

now, more than ever... however you find it, peace.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Jesus said to love your neighbor, love your enemy,basically love everybody.

Jesus never said, love your neighbor unless he/she is gay,or is a non christian,or is a....

Christians perverted the words of jesus and they think that jesus supports their particular bastardized version of what he said.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

Well well well....

It looks like what the ubiquitous "gay community" says speaks for all gay people -- just like Jesse Jackson speaks for all black people.

Ignoramus.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join