It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colorado recall bid targets third state senator who backed gun control

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
After the successful – and unprecedented – recall of two Democratic state senators in Colorado last month, mainly over their votes backing gun control, a new effort is being launched to recall a third state senator.

This time, a successful recall would not only send a chilling message to legislators on gun control but also would shift control of the Colorado Senate to the Republicans.

The effort is raising questions about recall elections – normally used to oust lawmakers over ethical issues or misuse of office – as a tool for constituents angry over controversial votes.

news.yahoo.com...

Gooooo Colorado, you have my applause!

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Many transplants from Calif. moved to Colorado trying to get away from the Calif. taxes. They thought they could mess up Colo. like they have Calif. Looks like news to them, it ain't gonna happen, not in this case anyway..

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by research3300

When can we start seeing this at the federal level?

More on-topic, I imagine that whoever replaced the recalled lawmakers won't last past the next election. That's just my personal prediction. Please contact me if I'm wrong next Fall.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   

links234

When can we start seeing this at the federal level?

More on-topic, I imagine that whoever replaced the recalled lawmakers won't last past the next election. That's just my personal prediction. Please contact me if I'm wrong next Fall.

ASAP in my opinion, who cares if they keep their posts.

All we need to do is prevent them causing any more harm until we can strip them of their official power.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   

I'd also like to point out this was the definition of a grassroots effort, started by 2 plumbers with Ipads standing in Walmart parking lots and the like. No one thought they could pull it off.

And if I remember correctly, one of the recalls gained a lot of steam because the lawmaker in question stated something to the effect of "I don't care what the people want, I think this legislation is a good idea so I'm going to push it.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
It's a good start. The real test will come when it comes time to vote in the next round of politicians.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Boulder was flooded pretty hard. They are referred to as "The Peoples republic of Boulder" that is where most of the progressive people from Cali live.I sure hope they get through this hard time with better wisdom.
SOF magazine is also ironically published there.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

That's a place where the hippies infested post 1960s and were basically screwing in the street in some cases. In the parks where families were out walking the liberal bs spread there with their sleezy ways.

Welcome to Colorado, now go home!

join