It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truckers Ride For The Constitution...Its a TRAP!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
So, you may have heard of the planned shutdown by the truckers focused on D.C. some claiming that they are going to arrest political leaders that they feel have committed treason...
Here is the facebook page:
www.facebook.com...

And for another view from another trucker, here is an article for Overdrive Magazine...a Mag for the truckers.

www.overdriveonline.com...

This article points out 11 good reasons for this shutdown not to happen.

I personally am on the fence...I too am unhappy with the situation in Washington...however I can only see trouble for the truckers and us the US consumers should trucking be shut down.
We think we need the government to run this country, but it really does run on trucking.

X

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
ridefortheconstitution.org...

Link to their webpage....

Link to previous thread shut down...because of name calling?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

X

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcouncil=wisdom

I thought it would be some government shrill before I read the article but in truth he made allot of good points. Why have a protest, if those you are protesting, won't even be there... DUH

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

"2) The protest has been planned for a weekend when the legislators and Obama are not scheduled to be in town" www.overdriveonline.com...

Yeah...that one kinda got my attention...but: Is it the truth, or just some dude talking.
Either way There ya go
And, if they are not going to be there...WHY NOT!?
Get to work ya bums!
X
edit on 7-10-2013 by Xcouncil=wisdom because: to add quote

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Xcouncil=wisdom

We think we need the government to run this country.........

X

I think that is a common misconception.

You will always find people to fill the seats in government. You don't need the government - The government needs you.

Time to realise and take back the power.
edit on 7-10-2013 by Scorchio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
This truckers strike will matter,

JIT ordering (Just In Time) will be interrupted even if a small percentage of all truckers participate. This is not only in Washington D,C, is a stoppage wherever supporters are on the 11th through the 13th of October, remember all of the goods you buy are one way or another borne by truck.

edit on 10-7-2013 by Springer because: No there wasn't

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix

They're calling for people to sabotage company trucks in fuel islands, among other things. How is that right?

I agree with a number of truck drivers that say yes, we do have problems, and we should be screaming bloody murder, but let's do it right, and actually protest the things that matter to truck drivers, like wages, and jobs.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Hrere are a couple reasons its a trap from the article:

"5) Groups that already oppose the trucking industry will jump on the chance to vilify the industry even more and call for more and stricter regulations.

6) This effort and protest is being organized and led by two people who have no connection to the trucking industry, and they are using the drivers to further their own radical agenda."

Seems really fishy to me, and I would like to see change in Washington, like progress, and less waste.
I am not sure good intentioned truckers being duped into taking action that will only cost them and us in the end, may not be the way to go.

X

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I take it back...that thing I said...I may have been misreading things in a particular post...nevermind on that one

ITS A TRAP!
edit on 7-10-2013 by Xcouncil=wisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
If truckers want to protest I think that is their business and certainly their right. I don't see many on that Facebook - have to log in to see anything more but could see there were about 74k talking about it. I'm not sure it would hurt them minus some fines (if they block roads), and lost work. In that linked article it says their presence would block ER vehicles and someone could die. Sounds like a desperate attempt to talk them out of this. Why?

By the way - Washington is "the" area where protests happen. So now people are ticketed if they take up too much space? Or is this just "road" space?

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

The problem is that instead of a peaceful protest they're encouraging drivers to do illegal things, such as dropping their trailers on the beltway, and bobtailing into the city, or for company drivers to pull into the fuel island at a truck stop, and sabotage their trucks so they can't move, and the truck stop can't do any business.

If they want to protest that's one thing, but this is just wrong.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I'd like to offer some thoughts on this issue.

From what i understand, these truckers are driving to Washington to accuse certain people in the US government of treason and make arrests. From what i've read, these members of the government are indeed guilty of the crime of which they're accused.

The thing that really strikes me is that this isn't specifically a trucking issue. It's an issue that affects every citizen of the US. So the question i'd like to ask is why is it that only truckers are taking this action? Why not everyone?

To me, the answer is quite clear; The truckers in the US are a community. I understand that they still use CB radios to communicate. Where as the vast majority of average americans have been divided and forced to live in a certain degree of fear of one another, these guys chew the fat with each other on a daily basis. They help each other out, regardless of who they work for and the conflicts between those businesses. They talk for the sake of passing the time, without any agenda whatsoever.

And this leads me to think how far we've all fallen. I'm in the UK and it's the same here. People just don't talk anymore. They don't help each other out unless there's something in it for them. Have we really become so shallow and mercenary that we won't help out some-one in need, without reward?

We all really need to become better people. Together, we can achieve anything as long as we are together. We need to restore our communities. We need to support these guys and show that just because we're not truckers, we are still as much a part of their community as they are of ours.

These guys are doing this for all americans. It would be great if all americans joined them and showed the powers that be in Washington what a real army of the people looks like.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Scorchio
The truckers in the US are a community.

Once maybe, not anymore. It used to be that if you broke down, four other trucks would stop to help, and see if you were ok. Now you're lucky if they even move over a lane as they go flying past you without slowing down. You're lucky if they even give you enough room to back into a spot anymore.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I do not agree w/ the guy and his 11 points. The reason this needs to happen is 1) People have sat on their ass for too long and look where that has gotten us!! This Countries in trouble because to many people do nothing while a few are making large amounts of money and bankrupting this Country. Enough is enough!!

We need to start standing together, raising our voice and telling these guys no! Just like Syria. Just because Obama and the rest of the rats won't be in DC ( which is exactly where they need to be!!) doesn't mean it won't snap them to attention!

However... I didn't hear that they were going to block roads?? Thats not good. I heard one of the Leaders say they wanted this to be a "Peaceful" protest. Shutting roads down isn't peaceful. Also, the Para-Military-Police, FEMA, ect ect are itching to shoot people. I don't think these guy's are stupid to not know that.

Doing this is a good thing... Hit them where it hurts... Just like we the people have been getting hurt by all their lies and propaganda. Which I think is being done to this group. I heard "Peaceful"

edit on 7-10-2013 by tracehd1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Scorchio

Brilliant assessment. Reminds me of what my husband said once about how the introduction of the television into living rooms across the country, kept people inside in the evenings glued to the 'programming' instead of rocking on the front porch chatting with neighbors who walked by.

A lot of truth to that AND to what you said. Both speak to a glaring demise in the sense of community, within communities, across the country... My country AND yours (and countless others!)

Divide and conquer much, PTB?!?!

To make sure I don't topic-drift...
Truckers, thanks for reminding us how to talk to each other and work together. Be safe and if you DO go to Washington... follow your conscience on what you do whilst there. No one's gonna jump in and serve time on your behalf!
edit on 10/8/2013 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
This was just on On the Record With Greta Van Susteren...
The spokeperson claiming to represent this movement said that 3000 trucks would meet up at 7am and roll into D.C. sometime in the afternoon.

I wonder...will this actually happen, and if it does will actually get any media attention?
Will it be shut down? Or just ignored.
Hmmm
X

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Zaphod58
I agree with a number of truck drivers that say yes, we do have problems, and we should be screaming bloody murder, but let's do it right...

So, there's a "right" way to do this?

Is there a manual somewhere?

Maybe a .pdf file?

Or a website?

new topics

top topics

join