It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kindergartner Suspened for Using a "Bad Word".

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I Just found out that a Kindergarten student was suspended from school because he told his teacher a "bad word". I don't know what the bad word could have been, but am I the only one who thinks this is crazy? We don't know the home environment of the child. His parent could cuss like a sailor and the child is merely imitating his parent's speech. The child may have no clue that he did anything wrong. Is this right? What do you think?

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
That'll teach him to say Republican in a positive tone.

*Seriously... Free speech and all that. It's a topic for history class, not civics these days, eh? Even at that age.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Added with children being suspended for making a gun with their finger and saying 'bang,' tag & hide 'n seek are "negative lessons" on children, letters sent home about obese children, and a myriad of similar events, and you have yourself a "politically correct" (spineless) nation that *will not* question authority, *will not* assert individualistic ideals, and *will not* go against Big Brother.

Indoctrination. Anyone who doesn't see it, well, it worked.

And remember; "ITz 4 da safedy of da childwen!!111111!"
(Except for the ones we kill with drone strikes).

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
What ever happened to a teacher actually teaching the child ??
Tell the 6 year old that word isn't supposed to be used in school.
No matter what the child hears at home or out on the street ....
that word can't be used in school. I would think that would be
the first thing to do ... not jump right to being suspended.

But then again ... we don't know the whole story ....

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
The child probably said something horrible like "assault rifle" or "Constitution" or something just as vile. he may have pointed at someone and said bang.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by BattleStarGal

Seeing we don't know what was said it's kind of hard to say.

Maybe he told the teacher to "F off" or something similar. Still if was something like that perhaps a timeout in the principal's office and a note to the parents would have been more appropriate.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
There is a Kindergarten student I work with who likes to point at me and say "bang", but he hasn't been suspended for it. At this point, I'm surprised. If a student can get suspended for saying a "bad word" you'd think that same school would suspend the other student for "threatening violence". LOL

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I got suspended in 10th grade for telling the teacher to stick a chocolate milk up her a**....although I could have handled the situation better...I believe I was partially justified. Please keep in mind, I was a straight A student and NEVER caused any ruckus. I was always a polite child but I was taught to stand up for myself. Here's the story.

We were in "cooking" class and we made chocolate chip cookies or something that day. All these years, I have forgotten exactly what we cooked...Anyway, the teacher told us that we had 5 minutes to go to the vending machine and get a drink. I didn't have any money...sadly our family was poor and of course my parents weren't able to send me to school with any money other than what might have been needed for a necessity. This particular day, I didn't have a penny on me. One of the cook's in the cafeteria asked me what was going on, and I explained to her that we were supposed to be getting a drink but I hadn't a dime to my name. She (love her heart) went over to the milk cooler, opened it up and threw me a milk.
Everyone went back into the classroom, sat down and began eating. I opened my chocolate milk up and did the same. The teacher noticed the milk, stopped dead in her tracks and asked "What is that?" I answered that it was a chocolate milk. Not knowing where this was going, I thought she had went bonkers...did she not know what a milk looked like??? She got quite upset and said, "Yes, I know what it is, why do you have it?" I told her what had happened, explaining that one of the nice cooks gave it to me. She went "bonkers" alright. Threw a hissy fit. She said that it wasn't fair to the other students and I had to throw it away. I asked her what was I supposed to drink? I didn't think it was fair that the other students had money to get a pop or whatever out of the machine. She said "THROW IT AWAY NOW". I said, "Better yet, why don't you stick this milk up your a**".
Needless to say, that led me to the vice principal's office. He asked me why on earth I told the teacher (which he repeated with a chuckle) what I told her. I explained to him what happened. He shook his head and told me that he HATED to do this but this teacher was adamant that something must be done, so I got suspended for 2 days. He told me he actually understood, but wished I had chosen my words more carefully or came to him with the situation. He told me the only reason that he suspended me was because they had to use me as an example. They couldn't let the other students get by with "cussing" a teacher. I understood and took my 2 days like a champ.

So, I can't say without knowing the situation IF it was necessary to suspend the child or not. Hard to say what the word was and what the situation may have called for.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   
No matter what the word was, I agree that the child should be taught, not suspended. Doesn’t seem appropriate. How can a child that young understand suspension anyway, and how can it be punishment to a 5-year-old to not have to go to school?

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SouthernRain55

Thanks for sharing that. Your post had me laughing from the first line. By the time I was able to get through the rest of it, I was wiping tears lol. For all we know, this kindergartener may have said the same thing to his teacher lol. It probably wouldn’t surprise me. Some children today, even some small children, are so sophisticated. They’re almost like little adults.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   

hellnotes

Thanks for sharing that. Your post had me laughing from the first line. By the time I was able to get through the rest of it, I was wiping tears lol. For all we know, this kindergartener may have said the same thing to his teacher lol. It probably wouldn’t surprise me. Some children today, even some small children, are so sophisticated. They’re almost like little adults.

Glad it made you laugh. I have to admit...my family has given it a chuckle over the years too.

I have a four year old daughter, and she has said her share cuss words. My husband and I do not say them, but unfortunately everyone around us does. She has heard them and not knowing better, repeats them. I can't imagine a school suspending her, when she innocently uses one. I tell everyone that my daughter is 4 going on 40. Its amazing the things kids say and do! lol

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Amazing is right. I’ve observed that in my family, too. I applaud what you said to your teacher that day. Sometimes teachers are unreasonable (and that’s putting it mildly). I have a few ‘teacher stories’ of my own lol. I think that teachers tend to overreact to things that students (of any age) say to them, no matter what it is. And in their overreacting, they tend to give unfair punishments. It’s unfortunate for the students.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

BattleStarGal
I Just found out that a Kindergarten student was suspended from school because he told his teacher a "bad word".

Choose the best fit.
The bad word was ....
a) Homeschooling
b) Liberty
c) Rights

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Really, If a teacher can't explain to a child why a word is inappropriate then they should not be teaching but learning themselves.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Suspended? Yeah.. that'll show that kid..

... that teachers are idiots.

I got in trouble in 2nd grade. I was standing in line getting ready to go outside and we were trading insults... having fun, you know. I said " Go suck a **Blank**!!!" use your imagination. My dad had a mouth on him and my mother was always hollering about him cursing and saying these weird colorful things in front of me. All I knew is what my mom's face did when dad said " Go suck a blank".. so it musta been a wonderfully naughty thing to say.

My teacher heard it.. pretty much gave the same expression as my mom did.. and I was half dragged to the principal. The teacher told him what I had said.. in her ear.. and she got the same look. I knew this was going to be BAD. My principal was a mean old woman.. and she asked me where I heard such filth. I said, " My daddy says it all the time!"

Needles to say I was not suspended, paddled ( that time), and I was just told to not say those things because of what it meant. I didnt know.. she said ask your dad. I asked dad... and thats when I got the paddling.

Believe it or not teachers.. your histrionics and overreaction does worse than the kids initial trespass. As my cousins kid said to my mom this past Easter.... calm your tits.
edit on 9-10-2013 by Advantage because: he she... it was a mean principal. LOL!!

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
He will learn early all he has to do is say a bad word to stay home from school!!

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

hellnotes

Amazing is right. I’ve observed that in my family, too. I applaud what you said to your teacher that day. Sometimes teachers are unreasonable (and that’s putting it mildly). I have a few ‘teacher stories’ of my own lol. I think that teachers tend to overreact to things that students (of any age) say to them, no matter what it is. And in their overreacting, they tend to give unfair punishments. It’s unfortunate for the students.

Perhaps we should make a "bad teacher" thread where we can share stories! lol

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I didn't say a single word and I got locked in the class store room for four days of one week!!
Why?
It was the 70's, I was 14 and I had long hair. The teacher threw a hair brush at me and told me to brush my hair. I threw it back. He came over to me and said brush your hair or you can spend the rest of the week working in the store room. I stood up and walked into the store room. On the fourth day my mother arrived (still dont know how she found out) and there was a lot of BAD words on that day LOL.
That teacher never ever spoke to me again.

On topic. Suspension should be reserved for serious misconduct, and a young child saying bad words does not fit that description. The schools behavior does!

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
That's it. I need to take flowers or cookies to my son's 4th grade teacher. (He's in 9th now) He has autism and tends to repeat things he hears. Like cuss words on the bus. Teacher & I discussed the problem and played "whack-a-mole" with cuss words for the next month. When we explained *why* certain words shouldn't be used, son would immediately (or at least immediately after the 2nd time
) stop using them. She never once overreacted or sent him to the office. Yep, she needs cookies...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join