It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astronaut encounters

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Interesting events happend in 1984, cosmonauts of the Soviet space station, Salyut 7 experienced something at the very least, interesting, this is what transpired.

In the summer of 1984, cosmonauts of the Soviet space station, Salyut 7, reported a strange event even by the standards of space. Commander Oleg Atkov and comrades Vladmir Solovyov and Leonid Kizim were on the 155th day of their mission when they reported to ground control that the space station was completely surrounded and bathed in a spectacular orange light.

Incredibly they reported seeing the faces of seven angels who were hovering just outside the space station. They told ground control their faces and bodies looked human but these beings had wings and misty-like halos. The angels kept up with the movement and speed of the space station for 10 minutes before disappearing as quickly as they had come.

the crew was then joined by three more of their colleagues from the Soyuz T-12 space craft, Svetlana Savitskaya, Igor Volk and Vladimir Dzhanibekov. After only a short period of time upon entering the space station the crew once again reported to ground control that the space station was bathed in a dazzling orange light.

Now all six of the cosmonauts looked out the portholes and reported seeing seven angels all resembling humans but with wings. Each angel was reported to have been as big as a jet airliner and each of them had a smile of their face as if trying to share some kind of knowledgeable secret with the cosmonauts

Longterm stress could certainly explain what had happened to the first crew members, however; it was only a short while after the arrival of the second crew that the angels revealed themselves again. How could the second crew be suffering from the stress of long term space travel as they had just arrived.

The Salyut 7 was last used in 1986. It reentered the earths atmosphere in 1991, just over Argentina, falling uncontrollably and scattering most of its debris over a town named Captian Bermudez.

Gene Cernan, commander of Apollo 17 speaks

Cernan: "Hey Bob I'm looking at what Jack was talking about and it's definitely not a particle that's nearby. It is a bright object and it's obviously rotating because it's flashing, it's way out in the distance, certainly rotating in a very rhythmic fashion because the flashes come around almost on time. As we look back at the earth it's up at about 11 o'clock, about maybe ten or twelve diame...Earth diameters. I don't know whether that does you any good, but there's something out there."

Buzz Aldrin talks about the 'UFO' which the Apollo 11 crew saw on their way to the moon.

Leroy Gordon Cooper, Jr., one of America's original seven Mercury astronauts, discusses witnessing a fleet of hundreds of ufos, a saucer craft landing in a dry lake bed, and other ufo stories he has

Edgar Mitchell Apollo 14 Astronaut says UFO's and Aliens are real and tells of secret cover up. Air Force pilot also witnesses huge UFO the size of an aircraft carrier

American Astronaut Edgar Mitchell and others inform the President of the United States Barack Obama in writing about the existence of Extraterrestrial Life visiting Earth. How will the US GOV and President react to this bold move on behalf of what could be the most credible testimony of the existence of alien life now on our planet.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   

AN ADDITIONAL REFERENCE TO ALIENS IN SPACE

Russian Prime Minister

The Men in Black

the Vatican Observatory is one of the oldest astronomical research institutions in the world.
Its main research is by the Vatican Observatory Research Group hosted at the University of Arizona, in Tucson. It operates the 1.8m Alice P. Lennon Telescope known as the Vatican Advanced Technology Telescope.

May, 2008, statement by the director of The Vatican Observatory (Specola Astronomica Vaticana), the Rev. Jose Funes. This priest publicly announced a long-held Vatican position that it's okay for Catholics to believe in UFO and Aliens from other worlds. By the way, the observatory's designation specola isn't simply about astronomy, but also includes aerial phenomena.

every Pope since George Washington was President of The United States in 1797 has had an interest in unidentified flying objects, and that The Vatican actually had an observatory looking up at the sky since then

I can assure you that flying saucers, given that they exist, are not constructed by any power on earth."

President Harry S. Truman, 1950.

"If I become President, I'll make every piece of information this country has about UFO sightings available to the public and scientists. I am convinced that UFOs exist because I have seen one."

NASA astronaut, Donald "Deke" Slayton.

"Mission Control, please be informed, there is a Santa Claus."
— NASA astronaut, James Lovell (of Apollo 13 fame), flying with Frank Borman and William Anders, emerging from the dark side of the moon during their historic first circumlunar mission, Apollo-8, in December, 1968.
"Santa Claus" was the mission code used if sighting a strange object such as a UFO.

"While flying with several other USAF pilots over Germany in 1957, we sighted numerous radiant flying discs above us. We couldn't tell how high they were. We couldn't get anywhere near their altitude."

While working with a camera crew supervising flight testing of advanced aircraft at Edward's Air Force Base, California, the camera crew filmed the landing of a strange disc object that flew in over their heads and landed on a dry lake nearby. A camera crewman approached the saucer, it rose up above the area and flew off at a speed faster than any known aircraft.

Back in those glory days, I was very uncomfortable when they asked us to say things we didn't want to say and deny other things. Some people asked, you know, were you alone out there? We never gave the real answer, and yet we see things out there, strange things, but we know what we saw out there. And we couldn't really say anything. The bosses were really afraid of this, they were afraid of the War of the Worlds type stuff, and about panic in the streets. So we had to keep quiet. And now we only see these things in our nightmares or maybe in the movies, and some of them are pretty close to being the truth."

'I happen to have been privileged enough to be in on the fact that we've been visited on this planet and the UFO phenomena is real,' Dr Mitchell said.
'It's been well covered up by all our governments for the last 60 years or so, but slowly it's leaked out and some of us have been privileged to have been briefed on some of it

"I've been in military and intelligence circles, who know that beneath the surface of what has been public knowledge, yes – we have been visited.
"Reading the papers recently, it's been happening quite a bit."
Dr Mitchell, along with Apollo 14 Commander Alan Shepard, still holds the record for the longest ever moonwalking session at nine hours and 17 minutes following their 1971 mission.
Officials from NASA, were quick to play the comments down.
In a statement, a spokesman said: "NASA does not track UFOs. NASA is not involved in any sort of cover up about alien life on this planet or anywhere in the universe.

Russia and the U. S. have announced they are definitely planning several space machines. So it’s quite possible that the first space ships or satellites may encounter other interplanetary machines, manned or otherwise. Our space devices may even be closely approached by such alien machines…- Maj. Don Keyhoe USMC, November 29, 1957

www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.telegraph.co.uk...

mysteriousuniverse.org...

astrologyguide.knoji.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Splendid, I shall be back later to watch. Thank you.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Nice compilation, I have always felt the Astronaut testimony's are among the most compelling evidence of alien ufo's. The skeptics however dismiss the fact that these are the most well trained, high integrity individuals on the planet, and will claim they are trying to profit from the alien angle. Right!

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

jaws1975
Nice compilation, I have always felt the Astronaut testimony's are among the most compelling evidence of alien ufo's. The skeptics however dismiss the fact that these are the most well trained, high integrity individuals on the planet, and will claim they are trying to profit from the alien angle. Right!

You are misinformed. The skeptics, unlike you, do genuine investigations of the stories, and seek to familiarize themselves with the unearthly conditions in outer space that often make images unquestionably weird-looking.

We can only advise you to do likewise, or at least review the reports of these earlier in-depth investigations, before jumping to conclusions based on superficial scans of websites.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

JimOberg

jaws1975

based on superficial scans of websites.

Jumping to conclusions?

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Tucket

JimOberg

jaws1975

based on superficial scans of websites.

Jumping to conclusions?
Offering a hypothesis.

Disprove it.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

So what are your thoughts on Edgar Mitchell's views of the ufo phenom? Is he a liar?

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

take everything with a grain of salt, make your own judgments

But if you are going to say this is BS i would like you to show courter evidence, thank you
edit on 7-10-2013 by hknudzkknexnt because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

jaws1975

So what are your thoughts on Edgar Mitchell's views of the ufo phenom? Is he a liar?

No evidence of that. But then, he's never seen a UFO.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

hknudzkknexnt

take everything with a grain of salt, make your own judgments

But if you are going to say this is BS i would like you to show courter evidence, thank you

Thank you for asking, I suggest you look at my own results,

www.jamesoberg.com/ufo.html

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

the United States Government filed a lawsuit against Mitchell in the United States District Court in Miami, Florida after discovering that he possessed a camera used by the Apollo 14 crew on the moon

Mitchell has publicly expressed his opinions that he is "90 percent sure that many of the thousands of unidentified flying objects, or UFOs, recorded since the 1940s, belong to visitors from other planets".[9] Dateline NBC conducted an interview with Mitchell on April 19, 1996, during which he discussed meeting with officials from three countries who claimed to have had personal encounters with extraterrestrials. He offered his opinion that the evidence for such "alien" contact was "very strong" and "classified" by governments, who were covering up visitations and the existence of alien beings' bodies in places such as Roswell, New Mexico. He further claimed that UFOs had provided "sonic engineering secrets" that were helpful to the U.S. government. Mitchell's book, The Way of the Explorer, discusses his journey into mysticism and space

If he's never seen one he sure does have strong beliefs that they exist

he even wrote a book, heres a quote from it:

“Yes, there have been ET visitations. There have been crashed craft. There have been material and bodies recovered. There has been a certain amount of reverse engineering that has allowed some of these craft, or some components, to be duplicated. And there is some group of people that may or may not be associated with government at this point that have this knowledge. They have been attempting to conceal this knowledge. People in high level government have very little, if any, valid information about this. It has been the subject of disinformation in order to deflect attention and create confusion so the truth doesn’t come out. ”
― Edgar D. Mitchell, The Way of the Explorer: An Apollo Astronaut's Journey Through the Material and Mystical Worlds

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by hknudzkknexnt

The first video:

apparently Daft Punk actually asked for a transcript to use at the start of the song, so NASA gave them this excerpt from the Apollo 17 mission. The person talking in the song is Gene Cernan, commander of Apollo 17, as he along with fellow astronauts Jack Schmitt and Ronald Evans made their way to the Moon in December 1972. Here's the quote in full: Cernan: "Hey Bob I'm looking at what Jack was talking about and it's definitely not a particle that's nearby. It is a bright object and it's obviously rotating because it's flashing, it's way out in the distance, certainly rotating in a very rhythmic fashion because the flashes come around almost on time. As we look back at the earth it's up at about 11 o'clock, about maybe ten or twelve diame...Earth diameters. I don't know whether that does you any good, but there's something out there."

HOLY CRAP the most mind blowing video ever, you need to watch the end if you haven't it felt so weird somehow

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Ok, so...the Russian PM Medvedev video... I cannot help but believe it is hilarious that you include that here. Yes, you include the video of the men in black dudes...but, I actually had a russian friend translate that video for me.

First of all, it is important to realize that Russian humor is *extremely* dry. Like, the English would consider Russians to have a dry sense of humor.

Second, my friend was listening to the video, and at the end, they burst out in laughter. Because when Medvedev tells the interviewer to watch Men in Black, he'll learn EVERYTHING he needs to know about Russian Government knowledge of UFO's and aliens from that movie...well, it doesn't take a genius to understand he was joking. Even without asking my friend to be specific about body language, inflection, tone, etc....just a written translation of it would have told me that he was joking.

Now, the thing is, I'd already seen this translation of the video from another source. It just so happens I see my friend daily, and though what the hell, I'll ask them to translate it for me. Word for word, what I had read of the other translation. Pretty comical, actually.

I'm not at all saying the rest of your post isn't valid, but just remove that silly video!!!

-SN

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SadistNocturne

It doesn't take a genius to tell he was joking..? So you come into this insulting already

but ok i will look past this

If i ever hear Medvedev say it was a joke himself i will believe you. But until then that is just an opinion you and your friend have.

Russian PM not joking – extraterrestrials live among us according to MIB documentary

I like how everyone just says he is joking, which he never said himself.

What he did say is what that video says.

he doesn't say "I'm just jk bro fo sho.." "wasn't that a funny joke foo?"

He's a man of position not an Asinine clown

But in the off-air comments, he was less guarded.

When one of the five journalists who interviewed him complained about federal investigators arriving to search the home of a witness in an inquiry early in the morning, Medvedev told the journalist not to worry before stepping out of shot.

But his microphone was still switched on when he said casually: "They are just jerks, so they come at eight in the morning. It's just their set of habits. I know many people who work in the police. They think if they come at seven in the morning they will get everything in the world."

Along with the briefcase with nuclear codes, the president of the country is given a special ‘top secret’ folder. This folder in its entirety contains information about aliens who visited our planet… Along with this, you are given a report of the absolutely secret special service that exercises control over aliens on the territory of our country… More detailed information on this topic you can get from a well-known movie called Men In Black… I will not tell you how many of them are among us because it may cause panic.

None of the television stations that interviewed Medvedev broadcast the off-air comments, but they were delivered to Reuters as a pool signal and some were shown on YouTube.

If he were joking wouldn't he have played around more with this, you know sense its all in good joking fun?:

Even during the interview itself, Medvedev answered some unusual questions. Asked whether he believed the world would end on December 21 under a New Age prophecy, he said no.

www.reuters.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Jim, you're a mathmatician and a journalist. You're among the least qualified people to be handing out labels like "misinformed". You're a PROFESSIONAL SKEPTIC. Nobody is interested in your "results"? Are you kidding? If its all the same to you, I'll listen to the guys who have actually been to space, thanks. Its entirely likely that NASA these days has been cut out of the loop for this kind of information anyway. I expect no truth from them or you.

Good day.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

hknudzkknexnt

It doesn't take a genius to tell he was joking..? So you come into this insulting already

but ok i will look past this

If i ever hear Medvedev say it was a joke himself i will believe you. But until then that is just an opinion you and your friend have.

Russian PM not joking – extraterrestrials live among us according to MIB documentary

I like how everyone just says he is joking, which he never said himself.

What he did say is what that video says.

he doesn't say "I'm just jk bro fo sho.." "wasn't that a funny joke foo?"
He's a man of position not a Asinine clown

exonews.org...
Is that a credible website? I don't know, but at least i put a source to my opinion no matter its randomness

im at least presenting something, i expect you to do the same.

Thank you=

Hey bud, feel free to read into this WHATEVER you want. Want a sentence to be pointed at you? SURE. Go ahead, MAKE it pointed at you. I was simply saying "most anyone would take this as joking", by using a common saying "doesn't take a genius". If you feel somehow excluded from the genius club, my apologies.

I don't claim to be a member either

And with regards to my "real proof"? Well, you've given me a damned good laugh. I give you the honest interpretation from a NATIVE MOSCOVITE, who is a native russian speaking person, to give me their interpretation of the conversation in russian, the overall tone, the innuendo, and body language as they themselves would understand another Russian better than anyone else.

But not good enough for you? You take some website looking for hits to drive their advertising income instead?

Ok my friend. You have fun with that!

- SN

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Are you just going to try to be insulting fine

but as i said earlyer if your going to discredit my information, if you think its a sack of poop

Then present something that says he 100% is just rolling on the floor laughing at me

you've given me a damned good laugh. I give you the honest interpretation from a NATIVE MOSCOVITE

You should message me, we can set up a skype so we can both talk about your russian knowledge, hell i might even pay you if you convince me

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by hknudzkknexnt

The laughter wasn't enough for you to tell that he was joking?
Or the punchline to his joke being that Men in Black was a documentary?

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by freelance_zenarchist

MIB yea it is a documentary

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join