It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Cheap Tricks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
This could probably have been put into one of the political forums, but the main purpose of this is to rant.

The Cheap Tricks of the Game

“It’s a cheap way to deal with the situation,” an angry Park Service ranger in Washington says of the harassment. “We’ve been told to make life as difficult for people as we can. It’s disgusting.”

I have never agreed with, well, pretty much every policy of Obama. But until recently, I have not hated the man personally. I am there. He is complete scum. He is purposely making the shutdown as inconvenient for the people as possible. What he is doing is most likely illegal since he is spending more money to close things down and prevent access than it would take to run these services normally. Obama thugs are being posted at monuments that have not had protection before.

For instance, look at NASA. That is our data. They had to perform extra work to make it unavailable.

Obama can rot in hell.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

AnonymousParkRanger
“It’s a cheap way to deal with the situation,” an angry Park Service ranger in Washington says of the harassment. “We’ve been told to make life as difficult for people as we can. It’s disgusting.”

Wow, if that could be proven somehow (not that I don't believe it for a second), it could be a tremendous PR fail for government bureaucracy on the whole.
edit on 4-10-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
The problem will be to ever get the attention of those too distracted by the fine cut and intricate weave of the "Emperor's" clothes. After all, there are two thing that EVERYBODY knows:

#1. There is NO such thing as Bigfoot.

#2. All those d*mned Republicans care about is OIL and MONEY.

At least the golf course is open.

edit on 4-10-2013 by CornShucker because: spelling, as usual

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

greencmp

AnonymousParkRanger

Wow, if that could be proven somehow (not that I don't believe it for a second), it could be a tremendous PR fail for government bureaucracy on the whole.

From the same article link in OP:
------------------------------------------------
Access to most of the memorials is limited, and often in curious ways. The Lincoln Memorial is easy to reach, with the streets around it remaining open. But the Martin Luther King Memorial is made difficult to reach, relegating it, you might say, to the back of the bus. Not very nice.

I gotta wonder how long THAT will go unoticed...

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

CornShucker

Yes, Obama's favorite golf course at Andrew's Air Force Base remains open, while they shut down the PX at most U.S. Army bases.

Troops Forage For Food

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

CornShucker

greencmp

AnonymousParkRanger

Access to most of the memorials is limited, and often in curious ways. The Lincoln Memorial is easy to reach, with the streets around it remaining open. But the Martin Luther King Memorial is made difficult to reach, relegating it, you might say, to the back of the bus. Not very nice.

Holy Thurgood Marshall! I hadn't noticed that!

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

AnonymousCitizen

CornShucker

Yes, Obama's favorite golf course at Andrew's Air Force Base remains open, while they shut down the PX at most U.S. Army bases.

Troops Forage For Food

Another great link!! Thanks.

From the link:
------------------------------------------------------
This isn’t government according to U.S. civics textbooks. Government is supposed to collect taxes, the president is supposed to propose each year how to spend the money, and Congress has the final say with the constitutional power of the purse.
------------------------------------------------------

Boy, talk about understatement!

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

Nice rant. I agree with a lot of what you say..I just can't hate people. I don't like him but I don't hate...it's just not in my nature.

What I can't stand is that my friends are all about Obama....and when I try to even open their eyes, it seems they shut down. One of our friends even said himself that he thought the constitution was an outdated piece of paper...me and my hubby's mouths dropped open. It hurts my heart that my friend thinks that way. My best friend is married to this guy and she just follows along with anything he says.

I even tried to tell her yesterday about something and she got off the phone quickly with me and never called me back, so I guess I just can't talk to her about politics anymore...which is dumb. She's my best friend, she should hear me out. She gets her dumb news from the dumb Colbert report....which sure he's funny...sometimes, but come on.

It's all very maddening and saddening to say the least. I'm a sensitive person anyway..and everything that has been going on breaks my heart.
edit on 4-10-2013 by natalia because: grammar

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

CornShucker

greencmp

AnonymousParkRanger

Seeing how most Americans probably doesn't know there is a Martin Luther King Memorial probably not that much.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

What he is doing is most likely illegal since he is spending more money to close things down and prevent access than it would take to run these services normally.

He has managed to fit this into his busy schedule of cleaning up the train wreck......

Obama gets portrait done on 3rd day of shutdown?

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

The Pisgah Inn, a private hotel that holds a concession on the Blue Ridge Parkway, has become a national sensation as it defies “intimidation” and a National Park Service order to close its doors.

After a tumultuous few days, inn owner Bruce O’Connell told The Washington Times on Friday morning that he had just reopened his doors for customers, despite the park service telling him he had to shut down.

He says he’s essentially private property, on a road that’s still open, and uses no government personnel, so he sees no reason to quit operating.

p.washingtontimes.com...

It does seem to be causing a lot of "collateral" damage for no good reason.

Quite a few businesses on public land have had to shut their doors. Where I live there's a sports complex that had to close - wonder how Michelle feels about all those kids not being able to exercise and play sports.
edit on 4-10-2013 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
this sure doesn't seem like the actions of a President. it seems more like a child throwing a tandrum. and already the republicans are starting to cave asking obama to compromise. will they never learn you just can't compromise with this guy?

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
So.... Who wants to stand outside the White House with a bull horn and tell the President how terrible his policies are??? I'm game...

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

bmullini
So.... Who wants to stand outside the White House with a bull horn and tell the President how terrible his policies are??? I'm game...

That didn't work out so well for that lady yesterday. Granted, she used her car, not a bullhorn. But I would expect the results to be the same.

Seriously, I would like to see someone try that. But, I would not expect them to last 5 minutes before being arrested or worse. I don't think that area is one of our "free speech zones".
edit on 10/4/13 by AnonymousCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
It seems he's loading the camel with so many sticks, that he's about to break the proverbial back of America. Illegals flood our borders, wealthy companies pay nearly zero in taxes ( General Electric ) for one, and the American citizen is using nearly all their income just surviving. This 0bamacare is likely to tip the scales along with the unsustainable somthing-dy something Trillion dollar National Debt. Russia and China are about to take their business elsewhere with the Petrodollar. The rest of the world hates us.... well except for Israel, and Britain. Our country is in dissaray, roads crumbling, the infrastructure in dire need of repair on many fronts, and this POTUS is busy golfing. Congress does not work for Americans anymore, it meerly lines it's pockets with sweetheart deals, insider trading, and croneyism while citizens loose more and more liberties and their livelihood every day. How he got elected I'll never believe, it had to be fraud on a grand scale. Yes, I have learned to hate the ass hat, and everything he stands for. He's safe for now, and so are his puppetmasters, but one day they will all be in the open and perhaps justice will find them.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Being in Australia I don't know actually what is going on properly but I guess no one does,

I cannot believe how outrages this is getting, the way things in this world are going! He is just trying to turn his country into a battlefield of some description by the seems of things!

Also what is said that our Prime Minister along with the lead of most countries are sucking up his ass that hard its silly! So sad to see the world all about power!

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Well I can honestly say that I don't blame Obama. Before you guys blast me, hear me
Out.

We can all agree that there is something bigger going on behind the scenes rather than just this shutdown. I can safely assume that Obama is not pulling the strings but rather, the people behind the curtain are. I believe that Obama does not rule the country anymore, nor did any president after the 1930's (correct me if I'm wrong) but rather, they are just a pretty face put there by the real people in charge. Maybe this is all part of the plan? Cause anarchy and mass chaos then boom, roll in the big guns and move on with the agenda.

-BmwSauber

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by BmwSauber

Well, I agree he isn't running the country and is subject to the whims of outside forces. I do think he plays politics with these situations and is largely responsible for much of the silly closures in attempt to make people "feel the pain" of the shutdown.

Congratulation President Stompy Feet!

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by greencmp

So its obamas fault that he won the election, obamacare was passed as a law, the rep have tried to block it 43 times, and now there blocking the budget.

Oh i forgot obama eats babies

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
It seems like the shutdown only affects the legal citizens, though. Today there was a rally or something for illegal immigration (as I understand it, I missed part of the story) on property that technically should've been shutdown.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join